Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which are you looking forward to more - Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous?

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
So which upcoming game are you looking more forward to playing - Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous?  This is going to be such a tough call, because both games look like they are going to be a blast to play.   

Comments

• Landon68Landon68 Member Posts: 6
    :-) Looking forward to both.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    I'm surely interested in both, but I am more interested in Star Citizen.  It has more going on, overall(deeper game features, etc.).  I think Star Citizen will be closer to an MMO than Elite will, also.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Elite because it'll likely be more my style of game :).

• Landon68Landon68 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Lokero
    It has more going on, overall(deeper game features, etc.).  I think Star Citizen will be closer to an MMO than Elite will, also.

Not all games have to be MMOs. SWTOR showed that a sloppy MMO gets beaten by good single player games.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Found these ship concepts for Star Citizen...cool thing is, we'll be able to walk around in them.

There will be avatar game play.   So cool!  Cannot wait!

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Although I am looking forward to both and have pledged for both I think I'm a little more excited about Star Citizen. With avatar gameplay and all hand crafted content I think it will be the better of the two. Not that Elite wont be nothing short of amazing in it's own right. I just think that the procedurally generated content may be a little less compelling than having every system programmed down to the slightest detail by hand. I certainly will be playing both. Also it's Chris Roberts... The man is a god when it comes to space sims. I've yet to be disappointed by anything the man has done (Yes, I even liked the Wing Commander movie...LOL).

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Elite, 'cos nostalgia.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    At this point, I see nothing indicating one will be 'better' than the other.  I'm watching both,
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Star Citizen, mainly cause of avatar gameplay and to be honst not sure if there's any in Elite Dangerous.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    both games, if either of them see the light of day i'll probably end up buying them image
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Elite, the granddaddy of space sims, the inspiration for EvE.

but really, it's good to have a back up as well.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Well i backed both games.. so looking forward to both of them :)
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Neither, not a fan of SciFi, I much prefer fantasy in general and High Fantasy in particular.  Good thing there are plenty of games coming out to cater to all kinds of specific wishes.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    All fluff and eye candy aside, has there been any word on gameplay?

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky