Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I would kick your ass with my ...

eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

So I know that there is no real way of proving anything, but out of all classes, builds, images or whatever - what do you think the most powerful player character from any fantasy mmorpg game would be?  I'm not talking about NPC's, just characters that a person can make.  What is that uber skill that sets the one class beyond the rest?

Share why you think so and offer up images if you'd like.

Remember that this is just a fun thread, so take the comments in stride people.

(I'll post mine when I get home from work and have a screenshot to add to it. )

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Comments

• LeaningKidGokuLeaningKidGoku Member Posts: 41

Imma have to go with the, musketeer from, Grando Espada.

Why? Because when you give them the, duel-pistol stance they are freaking ownage with two of my favorite skills.

Bloody Overdrive : An attack that shoots all the monsters around you in a  clockwise motion shooting almost all your enemies down around you in one big go.

And my favorite out of the two.

R.I.P: An attack that makes your go go in like a trigger happy mood and just completely blast away at one person. I think it hits the target atleast over 30 times i'm not sure.

With just those two skills, my musketeer became my favorite character to play with.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Final Hit  from mabinogi.

Instant activation, Teleports you to target, then for 40 seconds you can freely attack over and over causing the target to flinch(with each attack).   Compared to a normal MMO this is pretty bad, but it's even worse in mabinogi since most weapons knock a target backwards after 2 or 3 hits(essentially breaks core concepts that the entire game is designed around).  Players also have really really low health, instead the game forces you to survive with skill/ability use.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

This is a tough one... Many MMOs have everyone doing the same things equally well, or bad. Most players have some kind of alpha strike.

I would say a Cleric from old EQ because they could raise a player from death, negating death penalties. The higher the level, the higher percentage of lost XP returned to the player.

I guess my attitude is showing through. That's not really a "kick your ass" kind of thing :)

I played a Storm Controller / Electrical Manipulator Defender in City of Heroes. I always liked his "Lightning Storm" power. It called a big thundercloud just above his head and it threw out powerful lightning strikes hitting random bad guys for good amounts of damage and often sending them flying through the air. "Thunderclap" was also a favorite power as it stunned all the opponents (who failed their save/resistance) for a little while. The problem was he did not really have any BIG single target powers to follow up with...

He did have a "hurricane power" that created a self-centered AoE push toggle that moved with me. He could keep opponents away from me and even push them into corners and many times kept them from attacking back as they were tossed into the air. If he got stunned (a common effect), though, game over as he was a glass canon :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Season 1 sl/sl lock.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Death Knights are pretty scary in general.
  • AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215

4/6 Casting in the latter days of Ultima Online.

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• LiieLiie Member Posts: 7

A rogue class if you can stealth;
    A melee class if you can AoE stun combo;
    A mage with high def & attk;

That's as general as it can be :P

Theres never really a best class, its more about whos playing & there personal skill level.

best

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I think a good game allows it to vary,no one class can be UBER the entire game.

Example the most powerful in FFXi as soon as Ranger gets Sidewinder is crazy.With a good setup and group and fighting birds,they simply destroy them,forget Tanking because they will steal hate easily.

That is what makes a good game becuase the Ranger is not so good versus other mobs.

The thing i always say is to just pick a class that you find fun to play.I was extremely lucky in FFXI becuase i seriously did like every single class/Job.

A well designed game should  still rely on a group,not a solo individual,trying to show off.I can use that Ranger as an example.His Sidewinder is a FIVE hit attack,without the aid of accuracy gear or perhaps a BArd or other means to lower evasion and improve accuracy,you might not hit all 5 shots,making that SUPER DUPER UBER Weapon skill,meaningless.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930

What sticks out to me is the Op said most powerful (as apposed to most enduring, or most usefull to parties, most played etc.)

In terms of the ability to lay down a lot of damage quickly, I have found it's usually the offensive-magic using class (warlock/ necromancer/mage/ whatever else they choose to call it).

In my experience they tend to have the highest dps. They are usually pretty squishy...but you had better hit them before they hit you. They can usually be re-spec'ed quickly or swap out there ability load out to do well with CC or direct damage, and their abilites tend to stack more beautifully (when used right) then a triple decker ice cream sunday.

Their motto in my mind would be "It can't hurt me if i kill it before it before it 5 times over before it hits the ground." And zealous over kill is the name of the game with this type of class.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Gnome warriors.  Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of men like gnomes.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• treelotreelo Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I think a good game allows it to vary,no one class can be UBER the entire game.

Example the most powerful in FFXi as soon as Ranger gets Sidewinder is crazy.With a good setup and group and fighting birds,they simply destroy them,forget Tanking because they will steal hate easily.

That is what makes a good game becuase the Ranger is not so good versus other mobs.

The thing i always say is to just pick a class that you find fun to play.I was extremely lucky in FFXI becuase i seriously did like every single class/Job.

A well designed game should  still rely on a group,not a solo individual,trying to show off.I can use that Ranger as an example.His Sidewinder is a FIVE hit attack,without the aid of accuracy gear or perhaps a BArd or other means to lower evasion and improve accuracy,you might not hit all 5 shots,making that SUPER DUPER UBER Weapon skill,meaningless.

Ahh Ranger, how I miss you.  There was something special about shuffling inconspicuously around a mob trying to find your sweet spot before letting rip with Slug Shot, because guns were cooler.  Throw in a Ridill and some enmity merits and you were laughing, even if nobody else was. 

FFXI was full of moments like that, no other game has managed to capture that special bond between a single piece of equipment or ability. besides Eve and ships.  Rampage for Warriors (before the 2-hand buff), Dancing Edge for Thieves (if you were a fool), Tachi: Gekko for Samurai.  It goes without saying Samurai were the kings of FFXI though.  It wasn't even funny how far ahead of the other classes they were in terms of base power, in any situation.  Without even trying.  In all my years playing MMOs I've never seen a class so unbalanced, mostly because a lack of PvP meant balance was never an issue.  Update after update piled more power upon them until you feared the collective ego of bandwagon Samurai everywhere was going to tear a hole in the fabric of the universe.  Dark Knights came close when Souleater zerges were all the rage, but those were limited to specific situations.

Personally, nothing tops Evisceration with my darling X's Knife, which I would have married if such a thing were possible.

In every other game though?  The most DoTs win.