Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoW Global Championships Tournament "One million RMD cash prize... record for online competitive gam

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Age of Wushu: Global Championships Tournament

On March 29, the global finals of Wulin Competition for ‘Age of Wushu’ were kicked off at the Snail Games art center in Shanghai China. The one million (RMB) cash prize created a cash record for online competitive games single prize money. The competition attracted more than a hundred contestants from around the world including: the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, mainland China, and many other countries.

All the contestants gathered in Shanghai to compete for the Global championship of the Wulin Competition. Jet Li visited the competition scene and introduced the world to the high level of competition between players in the game Age of Wushu and showed the world the amazing talents of the players that participated in the tournament.

SWALLOW THE WHALE SNITCHES!

edit - changed dollar to RMB

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Gonna have to tell Wei-Fu he looks hot in that dragon robe.  :P

If it wasn't for real life, that would have been great fun.

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I kinda regret not signing up for it, there's always next time though(I hope.)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Deitylight
    I kinda regret not signing up for it, there's always next time though(I hope.)

I'll admit, I'm not ready. Still in AoW you never know, you could get hot and make it somewhere.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Have they released any steam info on this tournament, id like to see it.
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    1 million isnt a record. 1 million has been given out for first place for multiple competitive games.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

1 Mil RMB is like around 125k in US Dollars btw.

Originally posted by Tsuru
    1 million isnt a record. 1 million has been given out for first place for multiple competitive games.

Link please.

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

it's 150k usd. Winner take all.

• BalverineBalverine Member UncommonPosts: 12

Definitely not the first to give out alot of prize money. Valve gave the first place winners of the first Dota 2 International in 2011 a million USD. 2nd and what not got a good amount of money also from the remaining 600K USD out of the 1.6 million USD Prize pool.

Why do you haters always come in here and try to knock AoW with horrible examples?

Name me an MMORPG that gave out this much money.  No, I don't want to see MOBAs or FPS games.

None of this speaks to the quality of the game, but if you are going to make comparisons you all need to remember apples aren't oranges.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

it's 150k usd. Winner take all.

Operative word being AROUND bud.

I didn't check the exact exchange rate, but it is always around 1 to 7 or 8 between USD and RMB.

• BalverineBalverine Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Alamareth

Why do you haters always come in here and try to knock AoW with horrible examples?

Jumping to conclusions will not get you far, but nice try. The fan boy is strong with this one!

The OP obviously stated "competative games" counting MOBAs, so before getting your panties in a wad, please read more carefully and stop ranting like a mad man.

Originally posted by Balverine
    Originally posted by Alamareth

Jumping to conclusions will not get you far, but nice try. The fan boy is strong with this one!

The OP obviously stated "competative games" counting MOBAs, so before getting your panties in a wad, please read more carefully and stop ranting like a mad man.

The OP made a bogus comparison, I still would like to know the answer to MY question.  Perhaps you didn't notice, but I didn't quote the OP.  All you've done is propogate a silly example.

The point is that if a F2P MMO ponies up $160k in a world wide tournament for a persistent MMO game, that speaks to commitment even if it's not the first persistent MMO to do so....but it may be, I sure as heck can't think of another one.

So please, answer the question or leave.  Anything else is just trolling.

I'd also like the moderator to apply ALL rules here, the quoted post is clearly purely inflammatory.

Definitely not the first to give out alot of prize money. Valve gave the first place winners of the first Dota 2 International in 2011 a million USD. 2nd and what not got a good amount of money also from the remaining 600K USD out of the 1.6 million USD Prize pool.

Link

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Kuppa

Did I miss something??

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/taipei-assassins-triumph-league-legends-world-finals-1C6448579

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/3-million-prize-league-legends-tournament-biggest-ever-746742

http://www.mediastinger.com/1-million-dollar-modern-warfare-3-tournament-at-call-of-duty-xp/

Im pretty sure there is more btw, just lazy...

These are prize pools... not to one person...

"The Taipei Assassins, a team from Taiwan, has won the "League of Legends" World Championship Finals and the $1 million in prize money that goes with it."

"Not to be outdone, Activision has announced that at the first annual Call of Duty convention, Call of Duty XP, they too will be offering up $400,000 to the winning team"

Link

http://www.dota2.com/international/mainevent/results/champions/

Link

fair enough. the dota 2 one looks like a 6 man team, that's still more than 150k per person. 

*moves the goal post* That's not a mmorpg thoguh. Wonder when WoW, or anyother will do this :P

edit- OP says single prize money. 

Originally posted by Dragonantis
    Have they released any steam info on this tournament, id like to see it.

man me too, like really bad. Iwould have paid 5$ or something for the live stream.

Link

fair enough. the dota 2 one looks like a 6 man team, that's still more than 150k per person. 

*moves the goal post* That's not a mmorpg thoguh.

Then this needs to be changed "The one million (RMB) cash prize created a cash record for online competitive games single prize money."

And your title as well...

Link

*moves the goal post* That's not a mmorpg thoguh.

Then this needs to be changed "The one million (RMB) cash prize created a cash record for online competitive games single prize money."

And your title as well...

hey you didnt quote my edit -_-