Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2: $50.00 for a pink mount !?

Comments

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    It's April fools.... Guessing you didn't want it that bad.
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Nice prank!
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM

this pink mount is only available today

some players have already bought it for the 50.00 price

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Nadia

I'm aware, and it's still an April Fools Prank... that you didn't want that bad.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

As long as it doesn't add anything stat wise over any other purchased mount I could care less how much SOE wants to charge for skins.  If you want ti badly enough buy it if you don't than don't.

• Yyrkoon_PoMYyrkoon_PoM Member Posts: 150

I think a good quote for today is "A fool and his money are soon parted." 

I love the post, thanks for a good laugh today!

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Yyrkoon_PoM

This ^^

Had a great laughimage

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Sinsai

This ^^

Had a great laughimage

This ^^

I basically said no effin way when I saw the price.There's also no shortage of people having a cow over this on their forum's :)

It does make me wonder if they will refund some of the cash tomorrow and say it was all planned that way.If not they just got some people to pay way too much for that and it's not even account wide,it's just 1.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Slappy1

This ^^

Had a great laughimage

This ^^

I basically said no effin way when I saw the price.There's also no shortage of people having a cow over this on their forum's :)

It does make me wonder if they will refund some of the cash tomorrow and say it was all planned that way.If not they just got some people to pay way too much for that and it's not even account wide,it's just 1.

they didn't "get" anyone to pay to much for it. they offered up an item for a price. people supposedly bought the item at that price. not like they kidnapped their children and made them buy it.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Originally posted by Slappy1

This ^^

Had a great laughimage

This ^^

they didn't "get" anyone to pay to much for it. they offered up an item for a price. people supposedly bought the item at that price. not like they kidnapped their children and made them buy it.

It's the principal and now welcome to more ftp fleecing!

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    the principal is if you feel something is not worth the price, you don't buy it. there are a ton of people who drop multi hundred dollars to buy a deluxe version of a 50 dollar game. Why? Because they feel its worth the price. Same thing with this mount. It can be assumed its a one time deal, thus the collector's value it has to some people.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Sephiroso
    the principal is if you feel something is not worth the price, you don't buy it. there are a ton of people who drop multi hundred dollars to buy a deluxe version of a 50 dollar game. Why? Because they feel its worth the price. Same thing with this mount. It can be assumed its a one time deal, thus the collector's value it has to some people.

People knew it was coming today and they did a double station cash yesterday.Agood deal of those people bought enough to buy the cow (usually $20) bur it's $50,that's why so many are upset.

One time deal doesn't matter,they've done that before without gouging people for a pink $30 paint job.Principal.

Arya Stark

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    In that article you linked, it states that some players are upset because they purchased the mount without realizing the price, and are now out 5k points. Uh, too effin bad. That's their own stupid fault for not checking the price of the item before buying it. They deserve to lose those points.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Nadia

And on this of all days - what fools.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Quailman
    In that article you linked, it states that some players are upset because they purchased the mount without realizing the price, and are now out 5k points. Uh, too effin bad. That's their own stupid fault for not checking the price of the item before buying it. They deserve to lose those points.

This, 100%.  Who doesn't check the price before they buy something?  Were they in a hurry to say "I GOT THE PINK T-REX/COW MOUNT FIRST BIATCH!!!"?

A fool and his money are soon parted, they say.

• ShezziShezzi Member Posts: 126

Lol about the expensive 5000 Station Cash Beloved Berry-Fed Bovoch mount.

On EQ2 forums there's some outrage about it, but not enough to have an impact.

When Eve Online players threw a fit over CCP selling an expensive virtual monocle, they descended en masse on Twitter and game forums to complain and rage-quit. The players also cleverly used the gaming press to express their anger, and staged a dramatic ingame demonstration against CCP.

It doesn't look like EQ2 players are inclined to make that much of a splash. If they did, their voices might have an effect on Sony's prices.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    think about it... $OE offered a double station cash thingy this past weekend.. then put up and  limited time "special mount" for an outrageous price.. seems deviously brilliant to me.

The protest threads about the $50 mount have high watch counts,and are still active. I wonder how many more sales Sony would have made if they hadn't used the price tag as a way to determine the rarity of the Berry-Fed Bovoch mount. Maybe they need to do market research on how much is too much, and at what point segregating the haves and have-nots in terms of who has more cash to burn results in division in the community.

Sony might be concerned that this situation might spoil the pleasure of owning the mount. Instead of having a cool mount, now it labels owners as being complicit with price gouging. It's bad if $50 mount owners get harassed.

About the station cash deals - they tend to be quite rare and not everyone catches them. Double station cash is fine, but triple is better and hardly ever happens, plus also very easy for non-addicts to miss. If some prices weren't already high, and if some items like the Beaster Baskets didn't have a tinge of the Star Wars slot machine about them - players might not crave station cash deals as much as they do.

The sale of cool products should create good vibes and advertising for Sony, not bad karma. When setting prices on virtual stuff, less is more.

Right, the EQ2 community isn't as activist as the Eve community. Partly because Sony probably wouldn't tolerate as much protest as CCP does, and partly because it hasn't registed with EQ2 players that they could be using Twitter and the outside game media to help make a point about virtual goods price gouging. Lots of MMO players are still toddlers in the virtual goods space.

If realworld value doesn't factor into virtual goods pricing, future MMO's might feel encouraged enough to do stuff like create super-expensive "millionaire mounts" for their most wealthy players etc. Who knows what they're thinking behind closed doors. Raising player tolerance for price gouging might be part of the plan.

Remember this? http://iphonedaily.net/iphone-news/app-store-most-expensive-app.html