Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO will undoubtedly fail

GendarkGendark Member UncommonPosts: 100

You know, if i read this forums seems that everything its wrong with TESO,  Lore wise will fail, gameplay sucks, small groups only, no raids, daoc clone, wow clone, not a sandbox, waiting for CU/Archage/Wildstart, not an online skyrim and the list  goes on.

Teso will be the worst game imaginable !!!...  so lets bash it all we can  while we wait for that game that will be the second coming of jesus and will be released on kickstater in march (btw its april now ) yes that fabulous game that doesn't even have a graphical engine chosen and its just a couple of paper things and blogs post. And when the game releases in 2016(with good luck) we all will be happy and TESO will just be a bad memory of a game that none of us should have bought

Happy Aprils 1st.

Comments

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I give you points for creative satire.
  • TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

I never learned sarcasm, so I'm going to take your post literally.

LOL joking.

It is true though. There sure are a lot of whining "fans" on the boards here.

I'm not even a huge fan, but I'm going to play TESO for a while. Dunno why people are freaking out so much. I guess becuase so many people wanted certain parts of it to be exactly what they're looking for in certain ways, and it's not.

Get used to it. I don't think I've ever played an mmo that what set up exactly how I'd like it to be.

if there were, I'd never stop playing it =)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• LeahXtwoLeahXtwo Member CommonPosts: 30
    WTB DAoC Clone!
  • VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79

It won't fail, but it will follow the same path as Swtor -

1. so hyped that it attracts all types of players from different genres and games, most of them will be dissapointed.

2. since it's so hyped to be the best game ever, most of the players will except things from the game that were never even supposed to be in it, causing massive crystorm that will just turn off most of the potential players.

3. it is so hyped that the game won't deliver

4. people will be dissapointed after realizing this is not a game for the hardcore / people who play 5+ hours a day.

Elder scroll has such a large fanbase that it will definitely survive any kind of dissapointments from the rest of the players. So it will probably still retain 1 million subs even if it loses 4, so I highly doubt it will die / have to desperately go f2p like swtor.

I know you tried to make it a joke post, but that's the truth. It will be a good for a player who is starting his first mmorpg tho.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

If any game gets less than 12 million subs its a fail.  If the game doesnt hold the players attention, regardless of how successful it is, the game has failed. If the game loses a large portion of its initial launch playerbase over the corse of years, the game has failed.

No game in the history of mankind has not failed horribly.  Even WoW, since its cool to hate the game it fails the test.

This is why i honestly believe that this specific audience, on this site and others, should be ignored 100% by developers in what they want...they are just going to hate the game, the company who makes it, and the developers personally, regardless of what happens.

I expect to see the future of mmorpgs as console mmorpgs with PC ports after.  Seeing how Defiance's various console forums vs the pc forums act, and their attitude and reaction to minute issues...im not sure why companies would continue to treat the PC market as their primary audience.

Yes i know, "if only they made the exact game i want then mmorpgs wouldnt all fail" wrong, if they made the game to your exact likings everyone else would hate it, theres no middle ground anymore, people seem to need an exact list of features all executed to perfection in order to have even the slightest chance of enjoyment. 

I see the mmorpg genere as still growing, and having potential, but i cant see companies continuing to pour millions of dollars into the PC market that just tears them to shreds and gives an unrealistically bad word of mouth about their games (often taking it personally against developers which is sad imo) when theres perfictly normal markets out there that dont take games personally.

Originally posted by BrownAle

If any game gets less than 12 million subs its a fail.  If the game doesnt hold the players attention, regardless of how successful it is, the game has failed. If the game loses a large portion of its initial launch playerbase over the corse of years, the game has failed.

No game in the history of mankind has not failed horribly.  Even WoW, since its cool to hate the game it fails the test.

This is why i honestly believe that this specific audience, on this site and others, should be ignored 100% by developers in what they want...they are just going to hate the game, the company who makes it, and the developers personally, regardless of what happens.

I expect to see the future of mmorpgs as console mmorpgs with PC ports after.  Seeing how Defiance's various console forums vs the pc forums act, and their attitude and reaction to minute issues...im not sure why companies would continue to treat the PC market as their primary audience.

Yes i know, "if only they made the exact game i want then mmorpgs wouldnt all fail" wrong, if they made the game to your exact likings everyone else would hate it, theres no middle ground anymore, people seem to need an exact list of features all executed to perfection in order to have even the slightest chance of enjoyment. 

I see the mmorpg genere as still growing, and having potential, but i cant see companies continuing to pour millions of dollars into the PC market that just tears them to shreds and gives an unrealistically bad word of mouth about their games (often taking it personally against developers which is sad imo) when theres perfictly normal markets out there that dont take games personally.

Defiance is not a MMO, it is a Persistent online Shooter .. PoS for short.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by LeahXtwo

That's Destiny... Defiance is an mmo 3rd person shooter according to Trion.

Originally posted by Po_gg

Any game that you log into find peeps to play with, log out.  The next day you log in and can not find the peeps from the day before, because they are now in a differnet "instance" of the game as you, is not a MMO in many peoples mind. 

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Any game that you log into find peeps to play with, log out.  The next day you log in and can not find the peeps from the day before, because they are now in a differnet "instance" of the game as you, is not a MMO in many peoples mind. 

And in many peoples mind it is an mmo.  Even by wikipedias definition it is an mmo.  Just because there are some instanced content doesnt mean its not an mmo. Its like saying JRPGs like final fantasy arent rpgs because the combat is instanced with a ATB gauge unlike western rpgs where the combat is usually real time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_game

• VyllynVyllyn Member Posts: 10
    This site seems to have more crying and bitching than any other forum iv gone on. Best thing to do is resurch the game yourself and make up your own damn mind. I for one was not going to get the game when i thought it was going to be a tab target button masher, but now that it is going to have real-time combat im all in for this game now as combat and skill is the biggest thing to me for a online game.
    Originally posted by tkreep

And in many peoples mind it is an mmo.  Even by wikipedias definition it is an mmo.  Just because there are some instanced content doesnt mean its not an mmo. Its like saying JRPGs like final fantasy arent rpgs because the combat is instanced with a ATB gauge unlike western rpgs where the combat is usually real time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_game

Its not just "some Instanced content" every time you log in you log into a random server [mod edit]

• Most MMOs "fail" so if one were to bet, betting for failure would be good odds.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Amazing...an April Fools thread turns into yet another pissing match with insults and everything.

I already knew that the TES community has more than its fair share of unhinged members but the stupidity frankly, surprises me.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

in terms of longevity, it will almost certainly fail.

none of these mmo's will last years anymore for most people and its foolish to judge them on longevity because in that sense, they will all fail from here on out.

there is just too much competition now and when you got games where you can reach max level in a couple weeks, its inevitable that people will plow through the content and get bored in a month, then come to the forums whining that the game failed or disappointed them.

its also funny when people always seem to blame the game and their developers for the hype it gets.

that's your issue if you get exited about a game and it doesn't meet your expectations.

people need to learn to manage their own expectations and be more realistic.

its one thing for a game developer to hype their game by promising its gonna have a certain feature but then not have it at release (wow was even guilty of that at launch).

but in most cases, its the players and their own expectations they have for games that upsets them.

this holds true for any mmo in development, not just TESO.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Iselin

Amazing...an April Fools thread turns into yet another pissing match with insults and everything.

I already knew that the TES community has more than its fair share of unhinged members but the stupidity frankly, surprises me.

TES community ?  Tbh I see the same avatars in every game's threads. It's mmorpg.com vocal community.. and its cca 50 people flaming about anything and everything :D :D

• SentnlSentnl Member Posts: 73
    WTB DAoC Clone!

I never played it, but also WTB daoc clone.

Actually any game with meaningul RvRvR.

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

This discussion has been closed.