Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

syfy where has it gone.....

Is it just me or do others miss shows like merlin/stargate/andromeda seems like that channel has gone to the birds the past few years. I know the last year or so of the reg. stargate was a bit bleh mostly imo o'neal was acted horrid almost as if he wanted out of a contract and there by force. But After some time stargate universe grew on me like atlantis did until they keep watering it down to no end......kinda like the mmo market these days it seems!

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    It has gone to the same place where adequate formatting and sentence structure has gone. It's just following the trend where quallity of communication is lacking, That place is the thumb based hunt and peck chiclet key pocket phone. If you require quality then start looking for it in yourself.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

I miss the golden days of The Learning Channel, A&E, BRAVO (Canadian version), and the History Channel.

With those 4 Channels there was always something worth watching on TV.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Would love to know who watches those Sffy original movies.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Originally posted by Precusor

Great stoner movies.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

lost room (miniseries) was amazing, what a shame they didnt continue with regular series :(

Originally posted by Benedikt

lost room (miniseries) was amazing, what a shame they didnt continue with regular series :(

Sci Fi channel had allot of great series in their line up..

Now under Sf Fy we get crap like this or some stupid reality show..

• C_GlassC_Glass Member CommonPosts: 29

It's unfortunate but programs need to become %##$ DUMB STUPID in order to attain higher viewership, which is why animal planet, my favorite channel (or was), is filled with nothing but redneck swamp people reality shows now.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    "Reality" shows are still slowly taking over various TV networks. Syfy will probably end up like MTV in about a year or 2.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Hyperion5182Hyperion5182 Member Posts: 66

National Bumcasting Corporation has really hurt it. But as it seems my letter was suppressed at Syfy...

I'll warn you now if you dont want to involve yourself in anything political skip the rest of this post.

Properly warned. I posted this letter to Trion's help service and modified it to fit Syfy on a comment concerning Defiance. Syfy has not posted my letter yet and probably never will. Trion i hope to hear from on this but enough for me is enough.

Since this year began there has been a terrifying trend coming out of the networks of NBC. In one case on a specific show. But also on their primary news channel MSNBC.

They are no longer a news source, but a propaganda machine. Between multiple incidents of indecent and improper action including the latest statement by an MSNBC 'anchor' where adults do not have ANY parental rights to their children i can no longer abide by the NBC universal linkup without STRONG admonition coming from Trion Worlds.

I love Rift. When i have the money to subscribe again i intend to. I wanted to buy defiance. I was going to buy that soon because i had the cash for a one time purchase. This has made that impossible. I was greatly looking forward to Defiance the TV show. I can no longer watch anything Related to the NBC/Universal brand because of this chain of incidents. From VKM's demonization of honest hardworking Americans on Monday Night Raw, to MSNBC's down right traitorus tone. Trion i implore you as someone who LOVES your product PLEASE distance yourself somewhat from NBC/Universal. This is a disaster in the making if you can not i will be unable to play your products or watch your shows. I can not support or pay for in any form the blatent propagandizing on the MSNBC networks.

My Boycott is in total. It is blanketing the entire brand. I write this in an attempt to hopefully get an answer. I would like to see where Trion stands.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/04/msnbc-your-children-are-not-your-children-they-belong-to-the-community/

The latest of incidents. There was one recently where they tried to push gay marriage on a five year old. And those are only the latest. I cant take any more of this. If Trion Worlds will not take some steps to distance itself. If syfy channel will not take those steps. You've lost a customer. And that i'm sorry to say is the truth.

I hope you respond to this not for my sake but for your own. That you are the company i believed you to be that you listen to your customers that you listen to your fans. The world is on the edge of spinning out of control. I do what i do so i am not a hypocrite.

Your fan, Time traveler, Ark Hunter, Commander.
    Hyperion

I dont know what Trion's going to say. But i am now actively boycotting the entire brand of NBC/Universal and anything connected to them. This sucks for me given how much of their Cable Programming i actually watch (especially USA network) But i cant stand the Hypocrisy any more. You ask where Syfy's gone? Ask what National bumcasting corporation has done TO that once magnificent channel.

• JeriethJerieth Member Posts: 12
    Syfy has changed somewhat over the years, but I think they are trying to come back. I am excited about Defiance, a new show from Syfy, apparently the show will some how interact with the MMORPG game of Defiance. 

www.playnswap.com
    Trade in your old video games for new ones, FREE!

SyFy has the tendency to overreact and cancel shows that are not doing as good as they predicted.

So Defiance better come out with really strong ratings or its done.

Originally posted by Hyperion5182

National Bumcasting Corporation has really hurt it. But as it seems my letter was suppressed at Syfy...

At least your are fortunate enough to have access to HBO.. AMC or netflix