Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Guild Wars 2: The Super Adventure Box Revealed

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    @flizzer can't tell if joking or not....

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I did this with my guildies almost three hours. It was super fun. But I have to admit I super suck at jumping, and at the end I really had to make a break, because I felt I'd die of adrenaline poisoning. Man, my hands were all wet, because heights in computer games make me as dizzy as real heights. +__+

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    And thats why GW2 is unique as its predeccessor it dont worry about other mmos out there itmakes fun for those who lnow how to aprecciate it

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    This is lame. I dont want this to be no April Fool's joke. This should be the real deal!

I hope you're joking, because this is really in the game lol.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Well, I never liked GW, tried GW2 on the 4days trial and while it was better, still wasn't my cup of tea.

But this video... :) If they'd make this permanent and not only a 1month event, I will buy GW2 just for goofing around inside this Adventure box :) great stuff.

• DracondisDracondis Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Tried it.  Didn't enjoy it.  The jumping puzzles, as always, are overtuned and next to impossible to do without a lot of luck.  You spend a LOT of baubles on continue tokens, which reminded me of why I hated arcades in the 80's.  It's the virtual equivalent of a quarter muncher.  Maybe towards the end of the month, after I have a billion bubble baubles, and can afford a few continues, I'll try again and hope to make it through without falling to my death repeatedly, but the effort was interesting.  I can't say I didn't enjoy everything, but the jumping...  Ugh, the jumping.  Give an old guy a break.  Enough with the overtuned timing jump puzzles.  We get it.  You like making up swear at the computer.  But those sort of things only work well on consoles because you can predict how fast the machine will run and thereforehow much latency to expect.  Online...  not so much, so it isn't fun or doable for some systems or networks.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Elikal
    I did this with my guildies almost three hours. It was super fun. But I have to admit I super suck at jumping, and at the end I really had to make a break, because I felt I'd die of adrenaline poisoning. Man, my hands were all wet, because heights in computer games make me as dizzy as real heights. +__+

I feel ya, I have the same problem.  Well, partly it's just the fear of having to do it all over again, but I am wicked-scared of heights too.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Eh, never liked platforming games myself, I just find it odd that an april fools joke is a reality in game, kinda defeats the purpose of the joke part.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

Some dev quites:

"We are a very small team. The more skins we made, the less stuff we could make in the Box. So we settled for a minimal set, with plans to add to it with each new World we release. I love Engies and I wish we could have served them and Thieves better this time around, but had to make some tough choices."

"Yeah, we had a hard mode in, but had to pull it because it was tanking the perf on the server. So we are building some new tech to accommodate it. If we have another release it will have a hard mode option for sure. We are literally working on it this week."

"For World 2 I absolutely want to make rifle and dagger skins."

"There will be another release at the end of April on top of this bonus living world release today for Super Adventure Box. Date, features, and content TBD (spoiler: of course we have a Flame & Frost release!)"

ANet is spoiling us =3

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Elikal

I feel ya, I have the same problem.  Well, partly it's just the fear of having to do it all over again, but I am wicked-scared of heights too.

you only need a single person in your group to make it to the flutes.. if they do you can die and it will port you to them if you are having a lot of issues with some jumping.. so far most have been pretty easy compared to the regular jumping puzzles imho.. the halloween and wintersday jumpining puzzles were a lot harder as well.. although i haven't beaten this so it may get harder later on jumping wise..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Distopia

Eh, never liked platforming games myself, I just find it odd that an april fools joke is a reality in game, kinda defeats the purpose of the joke part.

That's the joke of it all. The joke is that some people will think it's a joke when it isn't.

I am so going to get that great sword skin for WvW.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

What an amazing event and I appreciate this sort of thing greatly, fantastic job GW2 team!

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

AH - WvWvW is more packed than ever because of rank, no culling, etc. Please ACTUALLY RESEARCH YOUR TOPIC before posting.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by botrytis
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

AH - WvWvW is more packed than ever because of rank, no culling, etc. Please ACTUALLY RESEARCH YOUR TOPIC before posting.

I agree. I have played this game again recently pretty hard and I am still put into overflow on my server because there are too many people in the game and this is even in lower level zones. For some of the boss fights there were tons of ppl there still in those zones. When I queue for WvWvW there is still a queue time to get in.... so..... yeah... the game is far from dead.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Volkon

That's the joke of it all. The joke is that some people will think it's a joke when it isn't.

12500 baubles for a skin, good luck with that, I done it for 10 mins and got bored.

Then the fans tell you its not a grindy game to obtain anything, aye ok.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Gah now I'm going to have to log in and play this.
  • MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye

12500 baubles for a skin, good luck with that, I done it for 10 mins and got bored.

GW2 is GW2 not the type of MMO most of us are accustomed to, its more of a play ground for kids on sugar overdose, and spoilt brats who get everything they want without the need to do anything to get it.
    ... which Cod_Eye am I supposed to believe?  The one who says GW2 people don't have to do anything to get stuff, or the one who complains he can't do something for even 10 minutes before it's too hard and grindy? :O  I'm a little weirded out by the two totally different viewpoints you just did.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

NO - it is 50 - please get it right.....

Originally posted by botrytis

NO - it is 50 - please get it right.....

its 250 baubles for a bauble bauble, 50 bauble baubles for a skin, I am right.

Originally posted by Meowhead

GW2 is GW2 not the type of MMO most of us are accustomed to, its more of a play ground for kids on sugar overdose, and spoilt brats who get everything they want without the need to do anything to get it.
    ... which Cod_Eye am I supposed to believe?  The one who says GW2 people don't have to do anything to get stuff, or the one who complains he can't do something for even 10 minutes before it's too hard and grindy? :O  I'm a little weirded out by the two totally different viewpoints you just did.

Nothing hard about it, suppose to be 5 man instance so how is it hard if I can solo it? its grindy but not hard.  Seems you read what you want to read and make up the rest as you go along, said I got bored after 10 mins, a bit different from what your trying to qoute me as saying.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Meowhead
    Makes me wonder if they'll have some other big surprise month thing between now and Halloween again.

Arbor Day?

maybe Dragon Festival in July?   altho thats more a Canthan thing

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dragon_Festival

Originally posted by QSatu

Some dev quites:

"We are a very small team. The more skins we made, the less stuff we could make in the Box. So we settled for a minimal set, with plans to add to it with each new World we release. I love Engies and I wish we could have served them and Thieves better this time around, but had to make some tough choices."

"Yeah, we had a hard mode in, but had to pull it because it was tanking the perf on the server. So we are building some new tech to accommodate it. If we have another release it will have a hard mode option for sure. We are literally working on it this week."

"For World 2 I absolutely want to make rifle and dagger skins."

"There will be another release at the end of April on top of this bonus living world release today for Super Adventure Box. Date, features, and content TBD (spoiler: of course we have a Flame & Frost release!)"

ANet is spoiling us =3

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    I love gw2 and still play it, but honestly , this is not my style. I dont like retro  and i dont even find this dungeon fun. I would way more apreciate if they would add new fractal than this. I played games in 8bit era and i'm glad we moved on :P.
    Originally posted by Malevil
    I love gw2 and still play it, but honestly , this is not my style. I dont like retro  and i dont even find this dungeon fun. I would way more apreciate if they would add new fractal than this. I played games in 8bit era and i'm glad we moved on :P.

It's April fools, just to have fun and take some of the seriousness out of it.

• DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 210
    After about 15min or so the novelty wears off and it's pretty meh. Once you're back outside the SAB you realize, aaaarrrrg back to the same old bleh.