Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foundry questions

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Can the foundry only use areas that are allready ingame and put quests inthere, or will you be able to create your own areas and dungeons from scratch (building blocks)

is the foundry stuff PvE only?  It would be awesome if you could also build PvP scenes with it. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

You create your own areas from scratch. It's PVE only for now.

Link1

Link2

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by DeniZg

You create your own areas from scratch. It's PVE only for now.

Link1

Link2

Thanks for the vids i will watch them at home...

i hope they will add PvP options very soon to the foundry, 

i can imagine so many fun things to be done in PvP settings.. 

- a PvP zone working like a 3d dota.

- a pvp zone where one party defends a moving carriage, while another needs to attack the carriage.

- a treasure hunt, where the player that finds most and the player that finds the final treasure win... An ffa zone where everyone can kill everyone and everything, when you kill a plyer, you receive the treasure he had found so far

- group treasure hunt, same as above but with 4 groups of 5 players and 3 treasure chests, party owning all 3 treasures wins.

- simple capture the flag

- the battle of 2 lords, 5 players each join a lord, and they need tomkill the ennemy lord, with hundreds of NPC.

i can think of so many many nice pvp settings..... The only thing needed is a good interface for people to sign up to such content, and for an active development team that can add some features to the foundry when they are in demmand, would be great to see the options of the foundry growing and growing after release..

for PvE i am looking forward to finding some great campaigns with awesome story telling

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    for PvE i am looking forward to finding some great campaigns with awesome story telling

This^^^^ Right here.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    PvP in foundry has been arked as a feature to be implemented just after launch.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I did a lot of research over the last few days, and came to the conclusion that the foundry is the single most innovating feature added to MMOs since the release of the orriginal EQ.  Sadly to see the hack and slash combat and the linear minimalistic classdesign are not consistent with the foundry.

the foundry allows people to sit on the chair of the gamedisgners using the same tools as the developers and creating whole capaigns including outdoor zones...

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I did a lot of research over the last few days, and came to the conclusion that the foundry is the single most innovating feature added to MMOs since the release of the orriginal EQ.  Sadly to see the hack and slash combat and the linear minimalistic classdesign are not consistent with the foundry.

the foundry allows people to sit on the chair of the gamedisgners using the same tools as the developers and creating whole capaigns including outdoor zones...

I'm really hoping they keep updating The Foundry to make it even more bountiful with assets, design features, etc.

Would be cool too if they even allowed for those talented enough to create items themselves as one poster suggested on the NW forum as an asset item others could use as well or voice packets as another suggested. This could be an incredibly valuable feature if they play their cards right and keep evolving it.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

I already demonstrated in BW3 the ability to make nonlinear quests (also called open map quest or sandbox quest).

My current mission is also nonlinear with subquests. So any doubt about foundry having linear missions should be dispelled by now. I even had comments like

"Nobody told me what to do - 1 star"

"Too many puzzles. I like thme but I had to search a lot"

"Too much reading, my head is woozy"

among some negetive comments. Positive comments were encouraging though with people who seek nonlinearity actually impressed.

EDIT:

It also got mentioned in recent NOCS episode as something old or hardcore D&D players would like but MMO type players will be confused. Though the foundry quest was unpolished(foundry quest itself was in beta). ^^

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Sadly to see the hack and slash combat and the linear minimalistic classdesign are not consistent with the foundry.

It only has to be hack and slash if you design your mission that way.