Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar is going to be a big hit!

1235»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Livnthedream
    Originally posted by Nikopol

This kinda reminds me off EQ2 vs WOW back in the day, when most people thought EQ2 was the sh*t and WOW looked too cartoony and childish and had no chance at all... Turns out cartoony isn't exactly a dealbreaker for most.

Of course that doesn't have to mean WildStar will come out on top - because, let's not forget, WOW had the IP going for it as TESO does now.

The TES ip is nowhere near as big as the Warcaft ip was before launch though.

TES has leagues of console fans as well as PC. Times are also a lot different than they were before WOW released.  Everything is far more viral in the gaming industry today.  So much so that far more non gamers know of these things, I'd say you're wrong that WC (back then) was "bigger" than TES is today on recognition alone.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by funcon
    I have a feeling, this game is really gonna be big. Bigger than Rift and GW2. And will be bigger than Elder Scrolls Online. It will challenge ArcheAge for the 2nd biggest MMORPG behind WoW.

AA the second biggest MMO behind WOW....hahahaha. I think April's fool came early. ;)

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• RaiKoiRaiKoi Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    housing looks amazing but honestly the cartoony look with no huge IP to back it up will hurt the game a lot imho.. i'm going to try it for sure but don't think it's going to be huge.. we shall see but my guess TESO will draw a lot more people in based on IP alone.

True, but most people will get bored soon with Skyrim Online. WS is the underdog and will (just like WoW) grow through word of mouth.

Well, thats my guess at least.