Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Virtual Tour 1080P- AoW might be the prettiest, most interesting world I've played in.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Shuzou City, this may be my favorite city as far as mood, and design. Canals run throughout the city. Shuz is home to the first instance and the second largest trade area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u2Hd4jJtRNY

Shuzou Countryside, this scene is incredible. Raised bridges, hills, Plum Blossem trees, full of goodness. This is were AoW starts to separate itself from other game would designs. Remember EVERYthing you see is playable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GoXoo0qEc0&feature=youtu.be

Chengdu. Chengdu is the center of trade. The city is huge, and yet it's only a medium size city in AoW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXANNEDXk78

This is the Chengdu Countryside. This is not the most complex scene design, but gorgeous non the less and everything you see is playable. At the end of the video, there is an example of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vqL8JaVjMU

Emei Countryside, this is one of the school scenes. This place is a masterpiece of world design. Mountains, waterfalls and rivers. What I did here was look at a point far off in the distance, place that would not be playable in a lot of our recent mmorpgs, then go there. I even took a slow ride down a river on a boat at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ikuJ-gwOACk

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Reserved for further comment.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Meh.. doesn´t hold a candle to Age of Conan. No godrays, no bloom, no fog, no FX.. looks plain and low on CPU according to that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VPWhjzmJyg

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by FromHell
    Meh.. doesn´t hold a candle to Age of Conan. No godrays, no bloom, no fog, no FX.. looks plain and low on CPU according to that video.

Well, I am in the city :p The city shots are to show design. The whole place is open, and all playable, everything you see.

There is bloom, fog and the like though. Godrays? Not sure what those are. There are sunrays though. You'll see those in the Chengdu countryside video.

• bugmenobugmeno Member Posts: 85
    To be frank : Looks out-dated! Everything is flat, mediocre texture and color palette is a joke (mix of green, lesser green, darker green and some brown). Even Lotro looks better than that, believe me.

Compared to AoC, WH, GW2, Tera, EQ2 and even to some extent WoW it looks bad, plain and simple. And if you have no idea what Godrays are, then you must have been playin SNES games only for the past 30 years or so ;)=

Have to give it a try, usually Asia MMOs tend to be s.it-expierence these days.

Originally posted by bugmeno
    To be frank : Looks out-dated! Everything is flat, mediocre texture and color palette is a joke (mix of green, lesser green, darker green and some brown). Even Lotro looks better than that, believe me. Compared to AoC, WH, GW2, Tera, EQ2 and even to some extent WoW it looks bad, plain and simple. And if you have no idea what Godrays are, then you must have been playin SNES games only for the past 30 years or so ;)= Have to give it a try, usually Asia MMOs tend to be s.it-expierence these days.

Those are pretty places filled with boxes. So many closed doors in those worlds. TSW was the same pretty pictures without interiors. WoW does a decent job of letting you go into stuctures, but not to the extent of AoW.

the color may have something to do with my noobish editing aswell :P Doing an auto correct as I type.

• Temp1234Temp1234 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    bcbully, are you by anychance getting paid for this?...or are you just kinda infatuated/really into it atm with a new game?...o.O'
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

I know who bcbully is in-game, he's not associated with Snail in any way. 

You do realize people can just like the game because they like the game - right?

As for the graphics, if you really think these suck, wow...you haven't been around for very long.  Besides, I love this game and I play on minimum settings.  It's all about the features and gameplay.

• Temp1234Temp1234 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    umm...yes, thats why i asked if hes on a payroll or hes just really into the game.
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271

Dude, I share your enthusiasm. image

I have tried many MMORPGs - from Wurm Online, via EVE to LOTRO or AoC, TSW, RIFT, WOW, Uncharted Waters, etc. All were good games and I enjoyed all of them for the time being. This game caught me unprepared and got my full attention for quite some time now and I have also been recording gameplay videos for my personal archive - never even thought of doing that in any of the previous games.

Maybe the colour palette and some other technical nuances are missing, as I am reading the posts above. But for some reason, when playing the game in combination with music, setting and flying skills its definitely the best looking and lively world I have played. By a very wide margin. image

Usually I climb a building or a large gate or some mountain, turn off the UI and just watch the scenery. And no quest sent me there image

Second video is up. Chengdu Countryside!
    Shuzou city is up. This is a much more complex design. Next to Jinling (the largest city I've seen in a mmorpg) Shuzou is my favorite.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    To be frank : Looks out-dated! Everything is flat, mediocre texture and color palette is a joke (mix of green, lesser green, darker green and some brown). Even Lotro looks better than that, believe me. Compared to AoC, WH, GW2, Tera, EQ2 and even to some extent WoW it looks bad, plain and simple. And if you have no idea what Godrays are, then you must have been playin SNES games only for the past 30 years or so ;)= Have to give it a try, usually Asia MMOs tend to be s.it-expierence these days.

I don't agree.. AoW does a great job depicting what it is.. China.  The other games you mention there are other fantasy worlds that have nothing to do with earth and the colors you see here.  That's just how I see it anyways ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• colostevecolosteve Member Posts: 6
    Nice stuff :)  Maybe I can add that it runs crazy amounts of people in one area without lag.
  • VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

Fraps and live videos are not doing it justice.

The graphism are not impressive at all when you look at pictures or uploaded videos...

But when you are playing it on a big screen with a decent gaming PC it DOES look amazing. The lore is impressive, the details too, mooving flora everwhere, one of the most beautifull water animation I ever met in a MMO... Zones are huge.

Running along a river with the sun piercing trough the tree's leaf is something I never ever saw with such a nice rendering !

Dam' I really start to sound like an AoW fanboy... I kinda am... thx god I hate snail so I'll never be a total sheep fanboy ehehehe

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

Shuzou countryside video is up! If you are a fan of world design, this is a must see.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by FromHell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VPWhjzmJyg

00:12 flying horse lol, or was it a pegasus? At the end of the day if the content is up to scratch and the game runs smoothly without lag and avoidable bugs unlike your video with the flying horse, then I don't think it matters about godrays, fog and fx.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

AoW definitely looks decent but I'd say that GW2's cities are much more impressive and detailed. 

Originally posted by fat_taddler

AoW definitely looks decent but I'd say that GW2's cities are much more impressive and detailed. 

I was very impressed the first time I went tto DR. What bothered me after the initial wow this is cool, was that all those house and buildings were just pictures. They were'nt real structures, just painted boxes. TSW and Swtor were the same. TSW to a lesser extent of the 3.

I remember asking Joel from TSW, "can we get more open doors?" He answered that it would take more memory to actually create interiors to the buildings, which would create longer load times when entering the city.

There are no load times to enter cities in AoW. The cites are open similar to WoW, and other seamless games. The cities are much larger in AoW as well. Which is pretty incredible considering DR was the largest city I had seen prior to AoW.

Last one (for now :p) is up Emei Countryside. This place is a masterpiece of world design. Cliffs and valleys all playable. The really did it here.
  • AdelbertAdelbert Member Posts: 42
    I totally agree with the OP. I've got an i7 with a GTX680 and 16 GB of RAM. I've played Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2 and any other MMO on the market at max settings. I've NEVER been so impressed with any landscapes as much as I do with Age of Wushu. It just looks beautiful, alive, real. It's a breathing world. Running around on Chengdu just entering every house I find and seeing all the detail they have, is one of the best experiences I've had in the genere.
    Originally posted by Adelbert
    I totally agree with the OP. I've got an i7 with a GTX680 and 16 GB of RAM. I've played Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2 and any other MMO on the market at max settings. I've NEVER been so impressed with any landscapes as much as I do with Age of Wushu. It just looks beautiful, alive, real. It's a breathing world. Running around on Chengdu just entering every house I find and seeing all the detail they have, is one of the best experiences I've had in the genere.

• aromeroaromero Member Posts: 49

To be frank : Looks out-dated! Everything is flat, mediocre texture and color palette is a joke (mix of green, lesser green, darker green and some brown). Even Lotro looks better than that, believe me.Compared to AoC, WH, GW2, Tera, EQ2 and even to some extent WoW it looks bad, plain and simple. And if you have no idea what Godrays are, then you must have been playin SNES games only for the past 30 years or so ;)=Have to give it a try, usually Asia MMOs tend to be s.it-expierence these days.

Super nintendo wasn't even out 30 years ago...

Originally posted by aromero

To be frank : Looks out-dated! Everything is flat, mediocre texture and color palette is a joke (mix of green, lesser green, darker green and some brown). Even Lotro looks better than that, believe me.

Compared to AoC, WH, GW2, Tera, EQ2 and even to some extent WoW it looks bad, plain and simple. And if you have no idea what Godrays are, then you must have been playin SNES games only for the past 30 years or so ;)=

Have to give it a try, usually Asia MMOs tend to be s.it-expierence these days.

Super nintendo wasn't even out 30 years ago...

and the Ming Dynasty era China did not use the Super Mario Bros. color pallet :p

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    looks pretty,Wuliiin,wru?

Let's internet

Originally posted by ForumPvP
    looks pretty,Wuliiin,wru?

Wushu.