Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone still play this game?

Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

some years ago I enjoyed this game and made CS mistake.
after a while, many accounts on my server got hacked, I suppose or security fail or staff got involved, at least my comp got no key loggers and my account on next server was intact.
I made like 20 tickets and some forum posts (deleted), but all I got back was auto replies.

So I left this game and told to myself to never use CS again.

Now I just wonder if this game still have any players base?

if yes: anything got fixed for upgrade costs or it still too expensive?

thanks for reply if any!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

Comments

• VoicekrackVoicekrack Member UncommonPosts: 23
    The game is a major pay 2 win, one guild basically beats every other guild in a siege war, one guild basically controls the economy because they farm the latest gear. If you want to get to end game it costs a shit ton. Player base is low, and full of greedy douches. So basically, dont play this game.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

some years ago I enjoyed this game and made CS mistake.
    after a while, many accounts on my server got hacked, I suppose or security fail or staff got involved, at least my comp got no key loggers and my account on next server was intact.
    I made like 20 tickets and some forum posts (deleted), but all I got back was auto replies.

So I left this game and told to myself to never use CS again.

Now I just wonder if this game still have any players base?

if yes: anything got fixed for upgrade costs or it still too expensive?

thanks for reply if any!

look at the rune system and then work out the costs for top tiered runes, yes it is expensive.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

thanks for reply, guys!

seems this game has became even much worse as it used to be after beta etc.

at least ages ago CSs helped free players to farm gear, but I understand if they gave up too, upgrades was too complicate and too expensive.

STAY AWAY is the best advise.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• caelachcaelach Member UncommonPosts: 113

I posted a thread on this 4 years ago saying avoid this game. It has 57,000 views but they locked the thread. Hopefully I was able to steer at least a few folks away from this wretched abomination. During beta I actually thought these guys were going to offer fair value. I even dropped $40 on items for me and my girlfriend because I thought they were worth supporting. Boy, was I wrong. Probably the worst waste of gaming money I ever spent. So I of course tried to warn people.

• BennuBennu Member UncommonPosts: 46
    So me rolling a new toon on the Grimal PvP server is a bad idea? I haven't seem to found any people playing the game - though I'm on the beginner maps.
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

I suspect that the game wont live very long after their new dragon game launches...its being hosted by SOE so that should be interesting to see how it all works.

From what I can gather though, Runewaker makes games that ooze low quality, however always seem to bring great ideas to the table, as far as f2p games are concerned.

IMO you should get into the beta or wait for launch for (I think its called dragons prophets) the new game they made.  SOE does seem to be far more professional than gameforge/frogster and their cash shops never seem to go overboard, at least PS2 had a very reasonable cash shop.  Will be hard to tell if the cash shop is SOE or Runewaker controlled and priced however.

• MykisMykis Member UncommonPosts: 20

Don't do it. You can't go back!

I started ROM at beta, and left after 3 years.

I have been back briefly, and as far as I can tell only the hardcore raiders, and their alts are left. When looking at the AH, 99.9% of the items are for maxed leveled toons. No low level gear on a game's AH is a good indication that the game is not attracting new players.

Personally I left because of the CSR. Talk about power mad. They banned half the players I befriended in that game, myself included. Of course after having an account banned and  gone, you can open another and reroll. But, when you're at max level with top raid gear, it bites to reroll and start over. So, like myself, many of us left.

Even with all the worthy f2p games out there, ROM is still manages to limp along.

I don't miss the streaming orange announcement banners at all!

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    I enjoyed this game for a little while; I always thought of it as a 'could have been' but destroyed by the cash shop. 
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I remember playing at launch and liking the game until I realized how much money was required to play this free to play title. Avoid it. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I think I remember reading a couple of years ago when I was looking into this game that they can't perform server merges. Anyone know if that is still true? When I first found that out, that was a red flag for me since how they f2p games usually end up, no merges = dead game.
  • HarbourlightHarbourlight Member CommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by caelach

"Hopefully I was able to steer at least a few folks away from this wretched abomination....  I even dropped $40 on items for me and my girlfriend because I thought they were worth supporting. Boy, was I wrong. Probably the worst waste of gaming money I ever spent. So I of course tried to warn people."

I disagree decidedly with caelach here image

I played RoM for a couple of months in 2011 and just started fresh on the same german server. One can very well play the game up until levelcap / endgame with spending ONLY as much as about 50$ or the equivialent in €uros.  That is small money for many many hours of entertainment. So "even dropping" 20 $ per person on the game and expecting a firework of features and opportunities to rain down on You is outright hilarious. If You aren't willing to spend a moderate sum - like, say: 10 $ / month - every so called "free2play"game will become a tedious grinder. There are several german lets-players on YouTube who are the living proof, that people can enjoy the game right now for the above stated amount of money... provided, that they learned how to play their character well.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다