Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: How many times you came back to WoW?

gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

How many times you left wow for another MMO and came back again either because you finished the new MMO or just miss wow.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Comments

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

You might add another choice: never played WoW.

I tried it when it came out, after playing DAOC for years. WoW seemed too cartoony for me, so I never played it.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I think I'm in the 4+ category.

Started late in Vanilla.

Quit after the transition of BC to LK.

Back once during LK.

Back for Cata launch.

Back for SOR (pulled a couple instant 80s and free upgrades because I used to multibox and have several accounts)

Back once towards the end of Cata, a wasted month, couldn't force myself to play.

Skipped MOP completely.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by olepi

You might add another choice: never played WoW.

I tried it when it came out, after playing DAOC for years. WoW seemed too cartoony for me, so I never played it.

You're contradicting yourself. You tried it but never played it...which means you played WoW (even if just the trial) but never got into it. :)

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I left shortly after Cata, got disappointed and mega bored.

after a while, I found game got better etc but with too many f2p to try (at least) I don't even have time to think about WoW.

in fact, as it p2p, I need to find time/money gap to plax it, so I guess so far it was just not a case.

I still think WoW is a great game, may be simply the best of all, so I wish WoW all the best!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Three? Though technically 1 wasn't very good in that I came back for maybe a month, my friend paying for it and mostly me helping him out.  The first time was some time after TBC when i went to college and started again due to playing with some college friends from there starting fresh. Another time was more so having nothing to play it on (poor internet) which on my return, I ended up quiting a few weeks later realizing it turned to crap. 

So basically two times with a third more so to help a friend since by that point cataclysm had come out and WoW had sunk way down hill to the point of not even being redeamable for me. Pretty much the only thing having kept me involved after WOTLK release was friends when i came back. Just so many more games and many just were better then WoW which kept making terrible choices and only seems to be sliding back more and more. 

If they hadn't made poor design choices since TBC (which did have flaws, but it at least took more steps forward then back, which every expansion after seemed to ignore what was right and move forward with the wrong to the point the bad outweighed the good greatly) I probably would of played more. Theres no coming back to it now. MoP (which btw, I don't mind the pandas at all if thats what you think is holding me back) pretty much put a nail in the coffin, sealed it in cement, encased it in an iron case then encased in a case sheerly made out of diamonds, surrounded with barb wire laced with arsenic located in a den of blood crazed grizzly bears located within a cave surrounded by a mote of lava in them middle of a dense forest were the survival chance of any man walking into it is 1 in a million right outside of detroit. 

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by olepi
    You might add another choice: never played WoW.I tried it when it came out, after playing DAOC for years. WoW seemed too cartoony for me, so I never played it.

Had the same here with the DAOC -add SWG, EQ1+2 and loads of others at the time-, but I played EQ2 which lagged like fk on decent graphics even with a high end machine and then you looked different at a game like WOW which was playable with 40 vs 40 fights and more. :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I really lost count. I've cancelled and resubbed at least 6 times since launch.

WoW is technically still a great game, but each change has been a strategic step backwards to me. 

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    No option for my vote sine I left once and never vent back.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I'm definitely in the 10+ category lol.  I'll play for 2-3 months, then leave for a few weeks to a month, then come back.  Rift, DAoC, and FFXI are/were the only games I stayed subscribed for long periods of time without jumping in and out.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Quit once around when TBC was released. Came back to TBC, got Season 3? full gear and roamed around OWPvPing. Quit before WotLK
  • Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Quit after 6 years, have returned 6 times i think.

I love MoP but i'm just not as passionate about the game as i used to be so i don't play enough to make it worth the subscription price. Really great game tho.

Unlike others i have seen nothing but improvement in the game. I'm just sick and tired of the gameplay itself really. The Monk is freakin awesome tho!

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Originally posted by Gravarg
    I'm definitely in the 10+ category lol.  I'll play for 2-3 months, then leave for a few weeks to a month, then come back.  Rift, DAoC, and FFXI are/were the only games I stayed subscribed for long periods of time without jumping in and out.

it's a fun game to subscribe for a month or two when you are 'burned out' or fed up with your 'main mmo' I guess.

I play EVE now as main MMO for so many years and then it's fun after all those strategic fights to play a FPS shooter or a simple game like WoW.....just no thinking and have a bit of fun.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Despite all the flack WoW gets for being solo-friendly, it really isn't. What i mean by that is, if all you do is solo in WoW, you will grow very bored of it and put it down after a short while. Least thats how it was for me. Everytime my friends would quit and move on or my guild would break up for various reasons(usually everytime before expansion when they kept shortening raid numbers) i would pretty much be left by myself and end up quitting too.

When friends would get me to come back after they themselves went back, i had a blast as always. I'd probably say i quit about 6+ times.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Vidir
    No option for my vote sine I left once and never vent back.

I'm in the saem boat.I stayed for 4 years but once I decided I had enough I left and never looked back.

Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Despite all the flack WoW gets for being solo-friendly, it really isn't. What i mean by that is, if all you do is solo in WoW, you will grow very bored of it and put it down after a short while.

I can't devote my time to a guild in this game as I have other interests elsewhere (career/family/other game) so I play solo 99.9% of the time.

I LOVE PVP but as I can't do arena's without having to find partners I am bound to do PUG battlegrounds and the leveling thing....indeed without devoting your time to arenapartners or (raid)guilds there's not much you can do in this game.