Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Server at Launch - Confirmed

DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103

"Massively's latest interview with Associate Producer Colin Miller:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/28/gdc-2013-age-of-wushus-world-is-your-playground/

[quote]Unlike most MMOs, Age of Wushu won't be wiping its current (beta) server but will keep it in place for players who have spent time leveling up their characters over the past few months. However, Snail Games will be launching a second, fresh server so that players have a choice.

That doesn't mean you can go hog-wild on both. As you can make a lot of progress while offline, the studio is limiting players to one character per account. Choose wisely.""

We'll be getting a new server when the game releases but I gotta say, who exactly is gonna go to the server that's filled with characters ahead of them exactly..?

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I'll have one there forsure.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165

Dumb move splitting up the population like that, I don't see there being enough people playing to really flesh out 2 servers. I, for one, will be staying on Blue Dragon. I was born there, and I shall die there! If, for some reason, the population gets so low on Blue Dragon that the only way to continue playing is to reroll on a new server, that will be the end of my AoW career.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

Originally posted by Quailman

Dumb move splitting up the population like that, I don't see there being enough people playing to really flesh out 2 servers. I, for one, will be staying on Blue Dragon. I was born there, and I shall die there! If, for some reason, the population gets so low on Blue Dragon that the only way to continue playing is to reroll on a new server, that will be the end of my AoW career.

I hear you. I really like seeing how the population is spreading out to different cities.

• zzx81zzx81 Member Posts: 53
    I dont see it as a dumb move. If you look from a broader spectrum, the reason they do this is to have all the new players a fair fighting advantage. Imagine the players from CBT are at max level and countless ding with players who managed to finally play the game with no time restriction. They will be losing in 99% of the fights since they had played less during CBT and they will not be able to buy anything since CBT players have been playing sooo long before that and amassed a huge fortune. And to note that this game is a time progression leveling game, people who were having full access in CBT will be at least a few times stronger than those who were playing with the 1 hour limit.
  • VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by zzx81
    I dont see it as a dumb move. If you look from a broader spectrum, the reason they do this is to have all the new players a fair fighting advantage. Imagine the players from CBT are at max level and countless ding with players who managed to finally play the game with no time restriction. They will be losing in 99% of the fights since they had played less during CBT and they will not be able to buy anything since CBT players have been playing sooo long before that and amassed a huge fortune. And to note that this game is a time progression leveling game, people who were having full access in CBT will be at least a few times stronger than those who were playing with the 1 hour limit.

I understand some might not like to begin on a "far from being new" server, but in the end it's kind of a meaningless argument.

Mainly because AoW is NOT a gank fest, yes it's open PvP but it is NOT a low lvl gank fest....... pure griefers don't last long in AoW...

I'm not gonna debate it anymore anyway cuz it could easely be a never-ending discussion.

But I'd like to point out an other reason why it's BS to start a new server :

The game-world is allready half empty (because it's huge). Only active capital is Chengdu and most towns could use a population boost. And guess what's coming the 10th april ? More zones...

(I'm far from being Max Level or whatever, I would actually have love a server wipe but snail said there would be none a long while ago.)

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

HOPING IT'S JUST ONE F.KING BAD FOOLS' DAY JOKE

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

2nd server for already low population? o.O

The game is lacking in core design but this is going to kill it completely.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by VindicarI understand some might not like to begin on a "far from being new" server, but in the end it's kind of a meaningless argument.Mainly because AoW is NOT a gank fest, yes it's open PvP but it is NOT a low lvl gank fest....... pure griefers don't last long in AoW...

You are missing the point. The game is heavily group and PVP centric. The game is going to force you into PVP in a way or another and when that happens, facing high lvl chars won't be fun because it is at the same breath equally dependent on levels and gear.

If you try to avoid PVP, there isn't really much content for you left...

The game got quite terribad design.

Originally posted by Gdemami

Whaat? What the hell is that supposed to mean? You probably don't know eitheer. Just seemed like something to say? Put TSW, and GW2 together, and you wont have the amount of systems or "core design" as AoW. 

The population is FAR from low. The game world is massive though. I've played for 4 months and haven't came close to seeing the whole place. I don't think anyone person has.

Because the game world is so huge, it would be nice to see it fill out. Right now there are 3 cities that are nicely populated, Chengdu, Suzhou, Quandag. The city populate because of trade. At the same time not everyone is going to roll on the new server.

edit- you have pages of post talking about AoW. I think it's fair to say that for whatever reason, you are a hater of the game. You can't please everyone, and that's a good thing. 

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by bcbully

Whaat? What the hell is that supposed to mean? You probably don't know eitheer. Just seemed like something to say? Put TSW, and GW2 together, and you wont have the amount of systems or "core design" as AoW. 

The population is FAR from low. The game world is massive though. I've played for 4 months and haven't came close to seeing the whole place. I don't think anyone person has.

Because the game world is so huge, it would be nice to see it fill out. Right now there are 3 cities that are nicely populated, Chengdu, Suzhou, Quandag. The city populate because of trade. At the same time not everyone is going to roll on the new server.

edit- you have pages of post talking about AoW. I think it's fair to say that for whatever reason, you are a hater of the game. You can't please everyone, and that's a good thing. 

Haters are gonna hate, they should stick to their PvE games. 

Also, its Qiandeng - I don't know what it is about that name but NO ONE gets it right.  Pronounce it like (Chi-An-Deng).

Originally posted by Vindicar

I understand some might not like to begin on a "far from being new" server, but in the end it's kind of a meaningless argument.

Mainly because AoW is NOT a gank fest, yes it's open PvP but it is NOT a low lvl gank fest....... pure griefers don't last long in AoW...

You are missing the point. The game is heavily group and PVP centric. The game is going to force you into PVP in a way or another and when that happens, facing high lvl chars won't be fun because it is at the same breath equally dependent on levels and gear.

If you try to avoid PVP, there isn't really much content for you left...

The game got quite terribad design.

I got ya. And I have to insist in the end it's meaningless. It's not EVE where you can level up for decades and it's much more skill based than level/gear based. I can tell, when I joined there was allready a myriad of max level players and not yet 1 month later I allready beat the shit outta unskilled max level players... And if you can't stand being someone's noob you shouldn't play an open PvP game.

In the end I blame snail for two choices :

1/ no server wipe after beta.

2/ 2nd server at release.

Both choices are comunity-drama stuff....

I would love to see AoW being a big hit and so my complains about the danger to end in a empty world would be just trolling... but right now........

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103

The problem with hosting more servers when ours isn't even filled is that the player base is gonna be divided.The whole "newbies gonna get ganked" nonsense is a flawed arugement because if that were the case, as a poster on the AoW site state several times, we would have to open servers every two months so it would be "fair". I do have to say though snails screwed up by not releasing the game as they promised they would or not start a head start when the game wasn't translated properly, now someone is gonna get the short end of this stick and from what it looks like, it's the deluxe players.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Like a lot of people that have said on their official forums, they should just do a character wipe of their beta server and just keep that one.  Letting current beta testers basically have a 3-4 month head start is probably going to turn off a lot of potential new players and two servers will spread the player base too thin.  This might either cause new players  to roll on the new server or not even bother in fear of a what will appear to be a "low pop" game due to how the zones are designed and how the population is spread out.  Since Snail is only going to allow one character per account, those who are invested VIPs are going to have make a tough decision or make a second account which they will then need to decide if it's worth investing for VIP status as well or keep it as f2p and be at a disadvantage. 

I'm still up in the air on wether I want to invest in this game.  I admit I had fun the other day patrolling the beggar sect area and killing a few people who were higher "level" (understanding/power/inner level or whatever you call it) than me, but there are still some concerns that will decide if Snail gets my money or not.  Some games are easy sales, and some just aren't.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Question:

Are they going to wipe Blue Dragon?

I thought they were going to wipe blue dragon after CB but my original avatar is still there and the server is still up and running. 

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    "The progression available to characters created on White Tiger or Black Tortoise will be very similar to that of Blue Dragon up to this point. When the server launches, School Second Internal skills as well as other progression related features, will need to be unlocked. The server will continue to progress as the majority of the players on the server advance in power and progress."
  • injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by zzx81

Fair fighting advantage or to force the old player to open their wallets to pay more money for VIP and leveling.