Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Reasons you SHOULD buy Defiance!

2»

Comments

• besteverbestever prescott, AZPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by tofke
    Originally posted by bestever
    Rose tinted glasses, and in a few months they are all bored of it since you'll be doing exactly the same thing you did in the first few hours of the game. :p

WOW just like every other mmo. Shocking 

Yes and maybe the point was: just tell it like it is rather than hyping it LIKE EVERY OTHER MMO!  ;)

That is what he is doing. He post the things about the game that he likes. He never said that it was like that or not. Its you that had to come in and point out something that doesn't even matter. We all know how mmos are. I don't take what he said as hype at all because he's also explaining good reason for buying the game which are true.

• n00bitn00bit rochester hills, MIPosts: 343Member
    Rose tinted glasses, and in a few months they are all bored of it since you'll be doing exactly the same thing you did in the first few hours of the game. :p

So, a few months of enjoyment for $60? Sign me up kiddo.

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Fuquay Varina, NCPosts: 191Member

Great list.

Dont forget the achievments in the the game.  Its very detailed. Like kill X number of guys, while driveing X number of miles, while getting X number of headshots unlocks a certain uniform or other bonus.

• Agrias34Agrias34 new salem, PAPosts: 147Member Uncommon
    Read through the first 10 reasons and none of them will make the game fun or entertaining to keep my attention and actually play the game.  My eyes were already scorned enough from the first 10 I couldn't keep reading the rest of the small and simple truths of the game.  Too bad none of them actually will make the game any better, still a bad game.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Posts: 2,114Member Uncommon
    If the game had 24/7 ongoing faction vs faction conflict..it would have my attention.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Austin, TXPosts: 1,417Member Uncommon

Reasonably fun game.  Not $60 worth of fun though.   Maybe $20 or 25. 

If you have the moolah burning a hole in your pocket, you could do a lot worse.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• GreenHellGreenHell ludlow, MAPosts: 1,322Member Uncommon

Threads telling me the reasons why I shouldn't buy it, threads telling my the reasons I should. The only thing everyone can seem to agree on is the UI sucks for PC. At least there is some sort of common ground.

I think I'm just going to sit this one out and see where it goes. In a few months if everything seems to be heading in the right direction I'll give it a try.

• RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member
    Originally posted by GreenHell

Threads telling me the reasons why I shouldn't buy it, threads telling my the reasons I should. The only thing everyone can seem to agree on is the UI sucks for PC. At least there is some sort of common ground.

I think I'm just going to sit this one out and see where it goes. In a few months if everything seems to be heading in the right direction I'll give it a try.

Watch some twitch live streams during launch week. You will see if it is the game for you. 

• NotoriousXNotoriousX Grande Cache, ABPosts: 192Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DC1388

1 reason not to play, AUTO AIM!

This game requires no skill its for casuals and people who can't hang in other FPS games. 

whaaat? it has autoaim? had no idea! i  played it without autoaim and i had a blast, you see i like to challenge my self a bit that getting everything ready ;P

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
    I longed for her beauty
    Yet from dust, she returned
    The dream, an enigma.... silent

• LaromussLaromuss vancouver, BCPosts: 324Member Uncommon

This game requires no skill its for casuals and people who can't hang in other FPS games. 

What auto aim?  There is some aim assist for the Xbox 360 and PS3 players but no auto aim.   Maybe if you run some 3rd party auto aim hack then sure.

• PhryPhry HampshirePosts: 6,291Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Laross

What auto aim?  There is some aim assist for the Xbox 360 and PS3 players but no auto aim.   Maybe if you run some 3rd party auto aim hack then sure.

Come to think of it, isnt this year the year that Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles, and given that the PS4 will not support PS3 games, and i think the same with the XBOX, wouldnt that preclude anyone who intends to get the new consoles from buying the ps3 and 360 versions of Defiance, and to opt instead to buy the PS4 and 720 versions of the game instead..as for the auto aim, its to help the console players compete due to speed/accuracy limitations of using a gamepad vs a keyboard/mouse combo, so probably an acceptable modification.image

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Phry

Come to think of it, isnt this year the year that Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles, and given that the PS4 will not support PS3 games, and i think the same with the XBOX, wouldnt that preclude anyone who intends to get the new consoles from buying the ps3 and 360 versions of Defiance, and to opt instead to buy the PS4 and 720 versions of the game instead..as for the auto aim, its to help the console players compete due to speed/accuracy limitations of using a gamepad vs a keyboard/mouse combo, so probably an acceptable modification.image

It should "preclude" people from buying the 360/PS3 versions of Defiance. But that will only happen if they are both sensible and patient.

You and I both know how well THAT will go... image

Of course, the same logic applies to ALL console games. Nobody should buy another console title until the new boxes are released. Yeah, riiiight....

• besteverbestever prescott, AZPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by Phry

No mouse/keyboard vs gamepad so thats not why and the only thing I've seen is aim assist. Most people don't run out and get the new consoles and I'm sure they will have a shortage as always, plus its like 6 months+ before they even come out.

• IsturiIsturi Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,509Member
    Does anyone know if I buy a xbox controller for this game and use it on  my PC will it work better then using keybord?

• BaikalBaikal Chicago, TXPosts: 1,025Member

Originally posted by Isturi
    Does anyone know if I buy a xbox controller for this game and use it on  my PC will it work better then using keybord?

Define better?

You can use a 360 controller, and I tried it, and preferred mouse & keyboard. It does not make the UI any better, or easier to navigate. That's just my 2 cents though, and I've always preferred PC to 360 or PS3 for shooters, so I'm definitely biased.

**EDIT***

And I dont mean the "define better" to sound snarky, it's just that better for you might not be better for me, and in this case, it did not make my experience any better. To me, it's just not a horribly PC friendly UI is all.

• IsturiIsturi Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,509Member
    Originally posted by Baikal

Originally posted by Isturi

Define better?

You can use a 360 controller, and I tried it, and preferred mouse & keyboard. It does not make the UI any better, or easier to navigate. That's just my 2 cents though, and I've always preferred PC to 360 or PS3 for shooters, so I'm definitely biased.

**EDIT***

And I dont mean the "define better" to sound snarky, it's just that better for you might not be better for me, and in this case, it did not make my experience any better. To me, it's just not a horribly PC friendly UI is all.

LOL no prob dude. TY for the input, looks like I need to go buy a 360 controller on payday.

2»