Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you able to talk about the beta after your beta weekend?

hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

Or can you not talk about it until they say otherwise, as in probably a few months?

Gonna be weird being left in the dark unless I get in.. Want to hear what normal gamers like ourselves truly think of their limited experience. :P

Comments

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Its under nda.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    No....but some will...somewhere. There are always leaks found in disreputable sites.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    NO!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Originally posted by Iselin
    No....but some will...somewhere. There are always leaks found in disreputable sites.

You are correct of course. I just don't know why in this day and age companies even bother. Information travels around the world so fast that you can not possibly stop it. Any kind of large beta event will have the same results. By even having a NDA it appears they are trying to hide something. Im not saying that they are but seriously why even bother with this charade.

• MelrocMelroc Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by GreenHell

You are correct of course. I just don't know why in this day and age companies even bother. Information travels around the world so fast that you can not possibly stop it. Any kind of large beta event will have the same results. By even having a NDA it appears they are trying to hide something. Im not saying that they are but seriously why even bother with this charade.

Because the majority of people wont record their playing or write up large amounts of info on the subject while the NDA is there. In reality not anywhere near as much as could leak actually leaks. 

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

It just went into beta.  Very few games do not have NDA for alpha and even close beta testing.  If there is still a NDA when pre-order early access or open beta begins, then you have something to worry about.  This, as far as I can tell, is business as usual.

I wasn't directing my comments at this game in particular. You are all correct it is business as usual. I just think that it is pointless. The people who will ignore the NDA could just bash the hell out of your game and the people who may try to defend it will not because they respect the NDA. It becomes a one sided fight NOT in their favor.

In alpha I can see a NDA. In a larger scale beta...no.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I wasn't directing my comments at this game in particular. You are all correct it is business as usual. I just think that it is pointless. The people who will ignore the NDA could just bash the hell out of your game and the people who may try to defend it will not because they respect the NDA. It becomes a one sided fight NOT in their favor.

In alpha I can see a NDA. In a larger scale beta...no.

I knew what you meant. Some people are so touchy about perceived ESO negativity :)

The reason beta players don't blab more often besides the obvious fear of being bannished,  is very simple: they are part of an exclusive club that knows a secret...people eat that shit up image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SentnlSentnl Member Posts: 73

You realise AAA mmorpg's hardly ever use the most up to date build on live-public servers... even on the very last day of beta, it's hardly ever the most recent build.

So why would a company openly advertise their much, much weaker build of the game, if it's not going to be anything near the final product... The same reason restaurants dont advertise food by showing a bunch of ingredients, or car companies advertising a car disassembled.

It's not about trying to hide something, this isn't some kind of coverup like many other things in the world. It's just bad business to show off or try to market something still in production based off of videos of said still in production work.

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

You are allowed to say you are in the beta. But that's all you can talk about for however long they choose to keep the NDA in force. After the NDA is lifted, you can talk about your experience, if they say it's OK to do so.

Source: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1452216-first-wave-of-beta-invites/

• nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Any discussion about Betas participated in that are held under agreement of NDA are not to be spoken of when pertataining to ANY content seen or participated in within the beta.
  • VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    ESO Beta Tester? :)
  • nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70
    if only >_<
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Is it ok to fake being in the beta and make up a bunch of stuff?
    Originally posted by bliss14
    Is it ok to fake being in the beta and make up a bunch of stuff?

The NDA doesn't cover lying, so if you want to participate in disinfo, go ahead! :D

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by hMJem

Or can you not talk about it until they say otherwise, as in probably a few months?

Gonna be weird being left in the dark unless I get in.. Want to hear what normal gamers like ourselves truly think of their limited experience. :P

I found this in like 10 secs of Google searching, complete with a video and write up:

http://www.xaraan.com/2013/03/early-gameplay-impressions-for-elder.html

more here:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/121152-early-gameplay-impressions-for-the-elder-scrolls-online.html

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Originally posted by hMJem

I found this in like 10 secs of Google searching, complete with a video and write up:

http://www.xaraan.com/2013/03/early-gameplay-impressions-for-elder.html

more here:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/121152-early-gameplay-impressions-for-the-elder-scrolls-online.html

Given the date and the user posting the information it's a collection off information given out via press releases and if the person got to see a little at PAX.  It may contain misinformation and is not beta related (posted prior to beta).

Have to admit I am shocked nothing has been leaked, or if it has at the speed of lockdown.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

I am deeply suspicious of companies that try to hide their games behind NDAs. Bioware tried to do this with SW:TOR but, within days of beta, there were pics and logs in beta-busting sites around the web. And a good thing too.

You realise AAA mmorpg's hardly ever use the most up to date build on live-public servers... even on the very last day of beta, it's hardly ever the most recent build.

So why would a company openly advertise their much, much weaker build of the game, if it's not going to be anything near the final product... The same reason restaurants dont advertise food by showing a bunch of ingredients, or car companies advertising a car disassembled.

It's not about trying to hide something, this isn't some kind of coverup like many other things in the world. It's just bad business to show off or try to market something still in production based off of videos of said still in production work.

I understand all of that. I really do. I'm not saying they should advertise the game based on a beta test. Im saying the NDA is pointless. People are going to talk and post videos about the game regardless of the NDA.

If your a developer why not say the same thing you said there. Something like "Since we are in beta we are going to lift the NDA be advised that this is a much, much weaker build of the game, it's not going to be anything near the final product" There you go. Seems pretty simple. A lot of negative criticism can be deflected by that. If someone does a review they can easily whip out with that comment.

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by noncley

I am deeply suspicious of companies that try to hide their games behind NDAs. Bioware tried to do this with SW:TOR but, within days of beta, there were pics and logs in beta-busting sites around the web. And a good thing too.

Unfortunately that did not stop me from paying $150 for the collectors edition. I havent played the game since a month after lauch.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    They wouldn't even allow videos to be shown from a major friggin convention.  It will probably be under NDA until a week before release.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
    Originally posted by achesoma
    They wouldn't even allow videos to be shown from a major friggin convention.  It will probably be under NDA until a week before release.

This is the internet, you can't stop the internet.

This first beta phase was apparently small, I doubt there are many people involved. Just wait for the beta phases to be bigger, all it takes is one brother of the interweb to post a video, and then that video gets circulated out of control.

• TehTicTehTic Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Sure you can as long as you don't mind giving up a few of your prize possessions to pay for the court and lawyers after they Sue you. :-) 
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

some folks must not understand what an nda is, I am like duhhh op.