Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Steam rewards unlocked

GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

In case anyone was waiting for this before purchasing, all 3 Steam rewards have been unlocked.   Kind of surprising considering this time last week it was only about 30% of the unlock.  I guess the beta weekend worked out well for Trion.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I imagine tons of people cancelled their preorder from other sites. Just like me :P.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    that was fast. I preordered from steam like 2-3 days ago and it wasnt even at first reward.

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Was gonna hold off until I saw the most recent pre-order bonuses on Steam.  Was just too good to pass up.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

I kind of forgot what I was supposed to get with the $5 gamestop pre-order., I might have to cancel that and get it on steam because I dont think GS pre-order had as many goodies.TY op for the heads up.

Edit: GS pre-order only gets a weapon - The Sporeshot looks kind of cool but steams pre-order benefits are more and better.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Good looking out. Glad I waited. Now I can preorder on Steam and get a helluva lot better perks.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Yeah I feel like I won the Defiance lottery, Think i'm going to role play vehicles... Jeep for off roading, atv for quick trips and challenger for road trips.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Ive never bought a mmo from Steam before, are you required to have steam running to play the MMO , like most other steam games?
    no sir
    I've unlocked so much crap for launch... +16 Inventory, multiple vehicles and weapons IE gamestop pre-order code. Now Defiance season pass is 29.99 on steam.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by TribeofOne
    Ive never bought a mmo from Steam before, are you required to have steam running to play the MMO , like most other steam games?

No, but does it really matter?

if it didnt matter to me I wouldnt have asked. snark at someone else kkthnx

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Hmm.....

Is there by any chance more to Grab? I ask because it says on the Bottom;

*Rewards will be backfilled once we reach the next level.

Does that mean there is still something more to get if more ppl buy it via Steam? As i am not an english native speaker it might have another meaning, can someone enlighten me by any chance?

Originally posted by Ilaya

Hmm.....

Is there by any chance more to Grab? I ask because it says on the Bottom;

*Rewards will be backfilled once we reach the next level.

Does that mean there is still something more to get if more ppl buy it via Steam? As i am not an english native speaker it might have another meaning, can someone enlighten me by any chance?

Backfilled I think means that even if you pre purchased when only reward 1 was unlocked you still get all the rewards that where unlocked when released.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by Ginaz

In case anyone was waiting for this before purchasing, all 3 Steam rewards have been unlocked.   Kind of surprising considering this time last week it was only about 30% of the unlock.  I guess the beta weekend worked out well for Trion.

Considering the 30% tells you nothing without having actual number of pre orders needed and current I don't really believe those to be anything more than marketing ploy. Surprsingly it always hits "all rewards unlocked" few days before release, no matter the game. They just want you to put your money forward as soon as possible and get you to tell your friends to do the same. 

Originally posted by Ezhae

Considering the 30% tells you nothing without having actual number of pre orders needed and current I don't really believe those to be anything more than marketing ploy. Surprsingly it always hits "all rewards unlocked" few days before release, no matter the game. They just want you to put your money forward as soon as possible and get you to tell your friends to do the same. 

Well then if thats the case then steam is even better for it so your conspiracy marketing worked.I am not much interested in Rift but I have a copy I can gift to a friend and still have more stuff than Gamestop pre-order would have gotten me.

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

I think the first tier requires substantially more purchases than the last two, and they could be manipulated to encourage others to take the plunge.

But, what beifts the gamer also befits Steam - we get all the perks and Steam gets more sales.

Irregardless, its selling well either way.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    I've unlocked so much crap for launch... +16 Inventory, multiple vehicles and weapons IE gamestop pre-order code. Now Defiance season pass is 29.99 on steam.

For how long is it 30 bucks on steam?

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by Asheram
    Originally posted by Ezhae

Well then if thats the case then steam is even better for it so your conspiracy marketing worked.I am not much interested in Rift but I have a copy I can gift to a friend and still have more stuff than Gamestop pre-order would have gotten me.

Not saying it's a bad deal, it was simillar thing with Bioshock:Infinite, just a bit shady business practice to lure in more pre orders. At least with MMOs there usually are betas that let you check game before while with SP games you more often buy in blindly into a promise (look - Colonial Marines) 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM

For how long is it 30 bucks on steam?

I was wondering the same thing. I wouldn't mind getting it, because I decided not to get the deluxe edition because of the seasons pass, but if I hold off too long on it I don't want to pay another 10 if I don't have to.

EDIT: It ends on April 2nd. Wish they would have advertised that, it isn't worth it until I get to see what kind of content they are including with it.

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

If you bought the game from Steam, when it unlocked T3, you are entitled to:

Discount off the Season Pass

So is the $10 off now that discount? How much of a discount is it? Does it apply if you buy now, or only when it goes back up to regular price?

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Baikal

So is the $10 off now that discount? How much of a discount is it? Does it apply if you buy now, or only when it goes back up to regular price?

Exactly. The Discount is active, i can aproof that. I payed 23,49 € instead of 29,99 € which is 10%. Also it says that the Discount is just until 2 April. I thought i might get that Season Pass later, but after having seen that, i bought it straight away.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Reaching Tier 3 on Steam unlocked the Season Pass discount for everyone. But as it turns out, that discount is a limited-time offer, which expires on 2 April (launch day).

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486
    Between the bonuses from the collector's edition, steam pre-order, season pass, and arkhunter EGO codes.... I am ready to rock.
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by Baikal If you bought the game from Steam, when it unlocked T3, you are entitled to: Discount off the Season Pass So is the $10 off now that discount? How much of a discount is it? Does it apply if you buy now, or only when it goes back up to regular price?  
    Reaching Tier 3 on Steam unlocked the Season Pass discount for everyone. But as it turns out, that discount is a limited-time offer, which expires on 2 April (launch day).

Hmmm, thanks guys!

Have to admit I find it interesting it unlocked the discount for everyone. I was kind of hoping that this was a pre-release offer, as opposed to the T3 discount.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Steam 4 the win!

this is what you get from origin prepurchase, a red dodge challenger and:

-Beta invitation to the game
    -The Outlander Outfit

-3-Day XP boost
    -Legion Exclusive weapon

LOL...indeed steam 4 the win.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Originally posted by Baikal If you bought the game from Steam, when it unlocked T3, you are entitled to: Discount off the Season Pass So is the $10 off now that discount? How much of a discount is it? Does it apply if you buy now, or only when it goes back up to regular price?  

Hmmm, thanks guys!

Have to admit I find it interesting it unlocked the discount for everyone. I was kind of hoping that this was a pre-release offer, as opposed to the T3 discount.

Well, I don't work for Steam, and afaik Steam themselves have not officially clarified how it all works, so what I said in that quote is only my opinion.

Over in the Steam forums, people are claiming that you can't actually buy the discounted Season Pass if you don't already have a Steam-registered copy of Defiance...

You could say the discount is part of a pre-purchase benefit, so it makes sense that it's only available during the pre-launch period...

Everyone has already received their Tier 2 benefit. Nobody has received a discount coupon for the Season Pass that could be used "at any time in the future".