Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 years, 2 months and 16 days since I've spent $ on a new MMO

That's how long it's been since anything new could appeal to me and counting...

My MMORPG experience goes back to 2001. I'm playing a free to play MMO to kill the time (not because it's free, but because for me it's the best possible option).

So, how long it's been since you've spent $ on a new MMO? :)

Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    7 hours:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

me a little bit more, got Defiance last night. Couldnt wait for a steam sale, seriously...

Originally posted by rojo6934

me a little bit more, got Defiance last night. Couldnt wait for a steam sale, seriously...

heh just cancelled my defiance pre-order yesterday.. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I am waiting for it to go F2P. And i probably will watch the tv show first to see if i like the world.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Am I the only one who heard Sinead O'Connor singing here?

GW2 game purchase was my last.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    31 days.  I enjoy a handful of months in WoW every so often image
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I am waiting for it to go F2P. And i probably will watch the tv show first to see if i like the world.

don't think it will go F2P, since its like gw2 B2P with CS for fashion and boosts, but waiting for a lower price can happen :)

2 weeks I bought age of wushu so that was the last one I did buy, before that was Gw2, and i'm done don't ahve time anymore for anything else lol

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

That far back? :)

On a serious note it's been 6 days for me,got the lowest tier pack for Dragon's Prophet.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

A year or so, gw2 prepurchase. In the sense of buying a full game.

Bought a bit of station cash or whatever for planetside 2 two months backish.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

This is the only Beta Ive participated in, in recent memory where I couldnt wait to get back in game.  but I love shooters.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    My latest purchase would be WoW, 3 weeks ago.
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Did I miss something? When did B2P become too expensive?

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by xKopogerox
    That's how long it's been since anything new could appeal to me and counting...My MMORPG experience goes back to 2001. I'm playing a free to play MMO to kill the time (not because it's free, but because for me it's the best possible option).So, how long it's been since you've spent $ on a new MMO? :) 

Been years for me, too. Think my last sub was Planetside1 or maybe EQ1.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    GW2 was the last bottle of snake-oil I purchased.
    Originally posted by snapfusion

This is the only Beta Ive participated in, in recent memory where I couldnt wait to get back in game.  but I love shooters.

i enjoy some shooters but gameplay needs to be varied(ie interesting weapons like borderlands) for it to grab me or have a great story.. nothing in defiance wanted me to keep playing unfortunately which sucks because I like trion and was hoping for a mmorpg shooter I could enjoy as I don't really like mmofps games like planetside

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Searias

He made a personal decision about value. It's not too expensive for me to pay $50 for a sock. I can afford it. It's just not worth the money to me.

And then there is the whole generalization about B2P game prices. Not all B2P games cost the same and the value you get from them is personal. This makes your question sound uninformed and overly simple.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I am not sure but about the same time as the 6 hr or so changed my GS purchase of Defiance to PS store that way Its on the HD.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Hmm... about 7 months give or take. It was GW2. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Well if you count subscriptions then its been about that long for me.  As for actually playing I am now about 2 weeks without logging in to any MMO's.  GW2 is to boring for me now and I am to enthused about Neverwinter.

Been playing alot of Skyrim since the end of Neverwinter BWE3, the rest of my time has been focues on Forum PvP over at http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/190-elder-scrolls-online-general-discussion/

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Over 2 hours ago on Defiance lmao. As long as I have fun for a while, its worth the 60 bucks.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by Searias

These B2Ps at 60 bucks a pop isnt cheap and it sure isn't free......

• movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127
    EQ1 had me hooked so much I tried to find that LOVE for a decade after. Now I just play WOT and have little hope for that kind of fix after so many years of waiting. Maybe it was the death penalties that kept me excited and the named mobs you hunted even alone that could drop big money loot or running thru a low level zone with a high level dragon flying aoround that couold smoke you in one hit, or entering a zone seeing 20 people running OUT and reading "Train to zone" while a dozen mobs heading straight to you. Finding hidden treasure chests was nice also. Kiting mobs, sneaking invis thru high level cities, so much more. Just give us EQ1 with Age of Conan graphics and I can promise you a 10 year MMO. Until then I will keep playing shooter games like world of tanks jhoining clans just to soon quit them so I know the people I kill......more fun some how....
  • PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I am about 4 months no money on MMO's I been looking at EQ Next and WildStar but who know right now I am loving all my free time.  I am not playing any MMO's either.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    It's been years since I spent a red cent on any MMO, or even played any MMO. 

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None