Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could import ONE AND ONLY ONE class to CU from DAoC....which would it be?

naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374

Just a bystander for the time being.....

short explanation why....

Comments

• naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374

Ok, looked em over, old  school DA scout hands down 

but the way things are now I'd go shaman...love cave with dots and bolt

also it is not over the top like valkyerie., vamp, heretic 

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Impossible to say without knowing how all the mechanics will work... but having played 99% of my time on a Ranger...

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135
    SB

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    we'll basically mention the class we played the most back then, so i have to say hunter.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

Originally posted by BowbowDAoC
    we'll basically mention the class we played the most back then, so i have to say hunter.

Heh, scout was my first and most played.

i only played the shammy a week a ago for three hours...got him to thid

• PRX_sklurbPRX_sklurb Member Posts: 167
    Toss up between Shadowblade & Infiltrator

CLICK: »»» http://CamelotUnchained.net «««

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Minstrel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Skald, just can t get enough of that clas, even today.
  • RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    Originally posted by DMKano

Rift had a really good idea when it came to the class system - you pick a base archetype (warrior, healer, mage, rogue) but each one had multiple spec possibilites as far as melee/range dps, support, heals, mitigation/evasion tank etc....

And you could swap specs on the fly between fights - very good class system imo (far from perfect) but great baseline.

If I had to pick my favorite class it would be Valewalker, hands down.  I am with DMKano though, after getting used to the ridiculous flexibility of Rift it would be hard as hell to go back to a single spec and role.  I mean, I nuke on my cleric and warrior and I can heal on my rogue.  It is pretty awesome.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

None! Back in the day when DAoC launched I loved the class system, because for that time it was good.

DAoC's classes were static with 100% defined roles. Yes, I am talking Vanilla DAoC as I quit right when the first expansion came out, so all the crazy stuff that happend in expansion is foreign to me.

Today I am  a different gamer, I don't like to be locked in a 100%-pre defined role anymore, like pick class A and you will always be healer and nothing else, class B is always tank and nothing else.

Rift had a really good idea when it came to the class system - you pick a base archetype (warrior, healer, mage, rogue) but each one had multiple spec possibilites as far as melee/range dps, support, heals, mitigation/evasion tank etc....

And you could swap specs on the fly between fights - very good class system imo (far from perfect) but great baseline.

If CU has a deep class system with lots of options as far as specs the game has a solid chance of keeping players for a long time, as  the class system specialization should be a meta-game in itself.

If it's a static class system like vanilla DAoC - ouch, pass for me.

I don't think you are going to get what you want from CU. Choice matters! Though you can always invest the time and have multiple toons.  

Originally posted by Raventree

If I had to pick my favorite class it would be Valewalker, hands down.  I am with DMKano though, after getting used to the ridiculous flexibility of Rift it would be hard as hell to go back to a single spec and role.  I mean, I nuke on my cleric and warrior and I can heal on my rogue.  It is pretty awesome.

Not to me.....guess if cu goes that way I'll have to keep playing daoc one month a year and keep waiting

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Thane! My favorite class ever in mmorpgs. Too bad they got nerfed into oblivion early in the game and never recovered....

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

Originally posted by Soki123
    Skald, just can t get enough of that clas, even today.

Just a wild guess here.......are you an iPAD user?

• aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94
    Bard.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Scout.
  • mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Mentalist !
  • KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162

Warlock, with unlimited chambers.

That should get this thread moving...

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Theurigist! Spam those pets!
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Nice variety of answers!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133
    Originally posted by Kyarra
    Theurigist! Spam those pets!

Agreed! It was not my chosen class, though I dabbled in it, and creating an elemental pet army had its charms.

• SeitrSeitr Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Spiritmaster.....love dark and summoning spec.
  • AnideinAnidein Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Friar, before his stuns were nerfed.
  • shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516
    Gonna have to go with the Theurgist. You don't know what fear is till you see a train of earth pets running at you.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• jefftpjefftp Member UncommonPosts: 14

Friar or Valewalker. Both were fairly unique in that they didn't fit neatly into their role. Friar was a healer, but with serious melee-DPS potential. Valewalker was a DPS, with outrageous defense for a clother wearer--the bane of all arrow users.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

No matter what they do, they cannot bring back the same casting mechanics... 100% interrupt on casters is just no fun at all.  I remember playing Wizard back in the day.  We didn't know better really so it was ok, but imagine trying to play a caster where any damage from any source interrupts your cast every single time?

That said...

Bonedancer if they re-worked it a bit would be awesome!  I love pet classes and being able to build an army of pets differently depending on the situation is a really cool idea.  Could spec healing and summon healing pets that heal you and your party.  Spec range DPS and get archers/caster.  Spec melee dps and get melee pets.  Or mix and match for a good solo build!

Necro and Vamp were probably the most fun to play considering how strong they were solo.  Necro could farm well endlessly and survive difficult encounters.  Vamp could actually MOVE while attacking.  

Which brings me to another request, melee better not be LOCKED do the ground when executing attacks.  I dislike melee classes but requiring them to be standing still to execute an attack makes it even worse!

1) Allow casters to only have a CHANCE of interruption while casting like all modern MMO's employ.

2) Allow melee to use abilities while moving like all modern MMO's allow (and/or like the vamp could).