Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Reasons you SHOULD buy Defiance!

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

1.) MMOTPS with RPG elements.

2.) Large open world

3.) 8 vs 8, 16 vs 16, 64 vs 64 Epic PvP battles with numerous game modes and maps.

4.) 20 Guns all capable of having random stats which change the way they are used.

5.) Skill based game where high levels don't have an edge in PvP.

6.) Clans (All boosts bought from the store are shared among your clan and friends if ONE person buys them)

7.) Buy to play. One price (59.99) and you never have to pay again. DLC is optional and so is the cash shop. Some of the DLC's are also going to be free.

8.) Emerse yourself in the Defiance world and story and go even further and watch the T.V. show starting April 15th.

9.) Dynamic events which rewards exploration and encourages teamwork!

10.) Challanges with leaderboards such as racing with vehicles.

11.) Made by Trion Worlds. Known for consistent updates for there games. Rift has more updates in a year than Blizzard has with WoW. Trion listens to there playerbase and fixes/changes things based on player feedback.

12.) Customization in the form of perks and skills. You can equip one skill and 9 passive perks.

13.) Further customization in the form of two weapons you use primary/secondary and what mods you equip to each one. Combine that with your perk choices and everyone will be unique. Play how you want to play.

14.) Highly optimized graphics. No lag even on lower end systems.

15.) Loot drops from monsters/bosses/events are unique to you. You don't have to compete with stangers or with your friends.

16.) Tons of achievements to work on.

17.) EGO (Level) cap of 5000. This will keep you occupied for a long time.

18.)  Chance to change the direction of the show. (Rumor has it, this applies to season 2)

19.) Chance to be in Season 2 of the show. (Rumor)

20.) Play competetive or casual. Each dynamic event and co-op mission has a leaderboard. If you get #1, you get more loot, more exp, and more money (scrip). If you don't get 1st, it doesn't penalize you.

21.) Tons of room for new content. What we get is a base game. Everything is setup to be customizable by the developers. In the future, expect a larger world, more perks, more skills, more guns, more co-op missions, more events, more playable races, more more more. This is Trion Worlds, they update there games fast and efficient.

22.) Hunt down key fragments to unlock lockboxes which contain random loot!

23.) Choose from 3 base types of vehicles with tons of different sub-types of each!

24.) All monsters have a critical weakness point such as a headshot or a huge boss having a weak abdomen and you deal bonus damage. 

25.) Interact with characters from the T.V. show!

26.) Find rare loot! (Rarity is color based: White > Green > Blue > Purple > Orange)

27.) Dismantle weapons you don't want for crafting material used to create mods for weapons.

28.)  Better than Planetside 2 which is made by $ony.

29.) Play it on PC, XBOX360, or PS3! Whichever one you prefer!

30.) Make a name for yourself! Top the leaderbboards consistently in dynamic events and show the world you are the greatest!

31.) Love dungeons? Queue up for a 4 player co-op mission from anywhere in the world!

32.) Love PvP? Queue up for a 8 vs 8 or 16 vs 16 or 24 vs 24 battle on various maps!

33.) Love large scale PvP? Queue for the SHADOW WAR! 64 vs 64! Bring it!

34.) Tons of costumes and skins in the cash shop if you don't like the look of your character.

35.) Be a part of something brand new and special! Game with a T.V. show! What if it's epic? Be a part of it from day 1 not day 361.

Comments

• poefuepoefue Glen Burnie, MDPosts: 226Member
    36.  It is fun to play!
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Maplewood, NJPosts: 1,098Member Uncommon
    37.  Events in the show are supposed to influence events in the game and vice versa, creating a truly never before seen dual media experience (or was that just a hyped up rumor?)

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon
    38. A single weapon can have up to 4 different mod slots. Applying a mod (barrel, magazine, stock or scope) to your weapon not only changes its stats, but also its appearance ingame.
  • KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member
    Originally posted by Raserei

7.) Buy to play. One price (59.99) and you never have to pay again. DLC is optional and so is the cash shop. Some of the DLC's are also going to be free.

This one is severly iffy.  Can you validate that statement with a dev quote saying they will never go P2W?

Having DLC in the first place means something is up ... maybe just for extra "content" .. however that "content" could be gamebreaking.  Most DLC is, buy up, or you are forever gimped!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• CryrothCryroth montreal, QCPosts: 51Member
    Originally posted by Karteli

This one is severly iffy.  Can you validate that statement with a dev quote saying they will never go P2W?

Having DLC in the first place means something is up ... maybe just for extra "content" .. however that "content" could be gamebreaking.  Most DLC is, buy up, or you are forever gimped!

one of there livestream : cash shop is exp boost , camo for car ,new outfits and new DLC (free and paid) so nothing pay to win here

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph SarajevoPosts: 1,069Member Uncommon
    i liked it,nice list!

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

• Squeak69Squeak69 Colorado Springs, COPosts: 956Member

mmm to be honest im on the fence with this game i have done teh beta's and enjoy the game play, and for the most part wouldnt even mind a monthly sub, or something of that nature.

for me the biggest issues are

1. while it is a decent FPS there are better ones, that i can play with my friends, and the MMO aspect is lost to me in this game due to it not being RP friendly.

2. im not really srapped for cash but at the same time 59.99 for a game that im iffy on is a bit much to be honest, ill prob wait a few months and get it then ether way.

3. the UI is the worset UI i have ever seen in a game period.

4. i hate HATE HHAATTEE!!!!!!!! lockboxes, it is one of the chief examples about what I think is bad about F2P system. payng out nickle and dime for little bits of content that should just be part of the in game content already is bad enough but makeing me play a slot machine game with no gurrentee of ever getting what im paying real money to get is simply bullshit.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member
    Originally posted by Cryroth

one of there livestream : cash shop is exp boost , camo for car ,new outfits and new DLC (free and paid) so nothing pay to win here

Great.  Link the source.  Thanks!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member
    Originally posted by Squeak69

4. i hate HATE HHAATTEE!!!!!!!! lockboxes, it is one of the chief examples about what I think is bad about F2P system. payng out nickle and dime for little bits of content that should just be part of the in game content already is bad enough but makeing me play a slot machine game with no gurrentee of ever getting what im paying real money to get is simply bullshit.

Lockboxes can be opened using in-game currency also.

• Mange1Mange1 Los Angeles, CAPosts: 198Member Uncommon
    I support this thread.
  • BeyornBeyorn Canton, GAPosts: 249Member Uncommon
    39. Futuristic setting.  NO ELVES!!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,766Member Uncommon

lol yeah i have no idea what he is talking about. I already lost count of how many ive opened without spending a real life dime. I never get what i want from those boxes and that sux a lot, but they can be opened with in game moneys. Earn the green currency from quests, use it to buy keys then use the keys + some in game money to get boxes. Obviously he didnt know that.

oh i know but i still hate the things and the price for opening them is jsut like most things that can be done with in game currency or out of game. the in game is really steep.

although i got to admit they are no where near as bad as PW is about them, most of the stuff in defience lock boxes is pure cozmetics, which isnt to bad i guess but id still rather get them for a flat rate in game currancey instead of playing the slot machine.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage

Originally posted by rojo6934

lol yeah i have no idea what he is talking about. I already lost count of how many ive opened without spending a real life dime. I never get what i want from those boxes and that sux a lot, but they can be opened with in game moneys. Earn the green currency from quests, use it to buy keys then use the keys + some in game money to get boxes. Obviously he didnt know that.

the price in beta for them is not the in game price that will be used after launch.

• OranguOrangu Los Angeles, CAPosts: 32Member

1 reason not to play, AUTO AIM!

This game requires no skill its for casuals and people who can't hang in other FPS games. 

• tank017tank017 Glendale, CAPosts: 2,192Member
    I thought this game was a third person shooter(TPS)...is it not?
  • tank017tank017 Glendale, CAPosts: 2,192Member
    Originally posted by DC1388

This game requires no skill its for casuals and people who can't hang in other FPS games. 

ahh so its similar to Tabula Rasa then...

not too excited about that.

• alilsneakyalilsneaky antwerpenPosts: 23Member

There is no auto aim in pvp.

Also I hope any non idiot will turn auto aim off in pve...

works for me, im not a "care bear" gods hate the stupid term, but i hate server lag messing up my aim.

also to be honest. its a PvE game, and why dose every FPS that comes out have to be a hardcore nutcracking game.

i kinda like to play games to relax and have fun not be more stressed then i am at work.

this all comes back to my lack of a E-Pean i guess

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon

I think you've lost your way, the negative thread is there => http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/380869/Reasons-YOU-SHOULD-NOT-BUY-Defiance.html

• TofkeTofke GeelPosts: 216Member
    Rose tinted glasses, and in a few months they are all bored of it since you'll be doing exactly the same thing you did in the first few hours of the game. :p
  • besteverbestever prescott, AZPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by Cryroth

Great.  Link the source.  Thanks!

Here's the linkhttp://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/602/view/videos/play/3000/MMOFTW-Live-Ep-15-Exclusive-Defiance-Preview-with-Trion-Worlds.html. Look its right on this site WOW. Also DLC is nothing new and a far better way of giving content then one expansion once a year. Its a good deal. Its doing this as well because its a huge thing for consoles and many other games on pc. The new bioshock has a season pass (aka DLC). 

• besteverbestever prescott, AZPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by tofke
    Rose tinted glasses, and in a few months they are all bored of it since you'll be doing exactly the same thing you did in the first few hours of the game. :p

WOW just like every other mmo. Shocking 

• TofkeTofke GeelPosts: 216Member
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by tofke

WOW just like every other mmo. Shocking 

Yes and maybe the point was: just tell it like it is rather than hyping it LIKE EVERY OTHER MMO!  ;)

• RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

Auto aim isn't good because then you can't hit the critical points on monsters. I will be turning it off and getting 100% headshots/critical shots.

I laughed at one youtube video because he was attacking one of those crystal even monsters in the black area when the red area was exposed. You hit the boss for like 50 on the black area but you hit for 450 on the red area. Critical spots = gg so if you use auto aim, you are gonna be one of those dudes spending 600 hours per boss.

I can't wait to play the game!