Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons YOU SHOULD NOT BUY Defiance

Comments

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Originally posted by Raserei

@OP, this is ultra opinionated.

Your calling Trion a bad company? Ar you being serious? They USED TO update Rift more than Blizzard updates WoW. Rift is an amazing game TO THE LESS THAN 200K THAT PLAY IT. 

Had to fix that for you.

Not saying the OP isnt over the top, but its now almost 5 months after SL's release (and 4 months after the mass layoffs)   and Rift is still waiting for its first big content patch.  Theyve had a raid added that was just delayed from SL launch and the third tier of PAs that were first seen on the PTR March....2012.  

Yes, the game is still p2p.  It certainly has less subs than games like LOTRO and SWTOR did when they went f2p though.  Trion just prefers to keep it p2p, most other developers would have bit the bullet (this is a big positive to Trion IMO that they have resisted the urge).

im going to say something here that has nothing to do with the subject but irritates me to no end.

stop altering qoutes and then saying fixed that for you. its childish and makes other people reading through have to go back and find the first post to find out what the OP actully said. im tired of people doing this and wish they would just stop its not constructive and it dousnt get a point accross and it dousnt really do anything to be honest.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I probably am not getting Defiance, I played Rift, and it was a little small/railed, and was not my thing, but Trion as a company seems like a good company that provides a lot of updates and work towards their vision of a game.

If you honestly want to 'help' people make a choice, you should try to be less biased, as many of the claims are a little overboard imo.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by azloki

There are plenty of reasons you should not buy Defiance. 

1. It is hackable, like all FPS games.

2. There are games better than Defiance but still failed due to hacking issue.

3.  Planetside 2 is a good example. It is free to to play in a much bigger open ended world made by SONY. 

4. However, Planetside 2 still failed because they cannot resolve the hacking problem.

5. If SONY, a much bigger company cannot make it, why do you think Trion can?

6. During the Beta period, there are already hackers around. The side mission boards showed their hacking records. They had achieved an unachieveable result. The #1 was like 500,000 points, the second and third had only 20K - 30K.

7. Planetside 2 survived barely half a year, and now for your $59.99 + tax, this is how much you can expect. Not to mention they wanna charge the season pass and stuff. For the same amount of money I would buy Guild Wars 2 and I can play it for at least 4-6 years. GW 1 was released in 2005.

8. Developer wise, Trion is not a successful company. Check out the other products like Rift, Warface, and End of Nations. This company doesnt have much a good past record and they dont make good products but aim for making good money.

9. For $59.99, if you wanna play FPS game, you can buy the most anticipated single player game Bio Shock infinite, which was relased this month 25th.

10. If you are a big fan of FPS game and dont wanna spend any money, go play Team Fortess 2, it was made by Value and the game is free to play and it is made by a more repectful company.

11. Add your reasons here, either postive or negative.

I hope you all made your own decision before purchasing the game. They are all my advice and are subject to personal opinion. 

So let me see, a new poster , hate for Defiance, hate for Planetside, humm the only logic seem to be you are working for Firefall, come one like really, if you are going to smear a game at least do it right.

I love this site don't get me wrong but site is filled with Dev. posters that try to smear another game, this goes to show people have no honor what so ever.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    There are just simply better shooters out on the market to play. It is just average at best in all aspects of the game. 
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

I think Azloki is a paid troll from EA, they must be working on something similar.  And if not nobody cares what you like or dislike, your points are shallow and biased, just trying to stir up trouble on a game you probably cant afford to pay for anyway. 

I gaurentee if it was F2P you would be all over it. 

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

1. It is hackable, like all FPS games.

2. There are games better than Defiance but still failed due to hacking issue.

3.  Planetside 2 is a good example. It is free to to play in a much bigger open ended world made by SONY. 

4. However, Planetside 2 still failed because they cannot resolve the hacking problem.

5. If SONY, a much bigger company cannot make it, why do you think Trion can?

6. During the Beta period, there are already hackers around. The side mission boards showed their hacking records. They had achieved an unachieveable result. The #1 was like 500,000 points, the second and third had only 20K - 30K.

7. Planetside 2 survived barely half a year, and now for your $59.99 + tax, this is how much you can expect. Not to mention they wanna charge the season pass and stuff. For the same amount of money I would buy Guild Wars 2 and I can play it for at least 4-6 years. GW 1 was released in 2005.

8. Developer wise, Trion is not a successful company. Check out the other products like Rift, Warface, and End of Nations. This company doesnt have much a good past record and they dont make good products but aim for making good money.

9. For $59.99, if you wanna play FPS game, you can buy the most anticipated single player game Bio Shock infinite, which was relased this month 25th.

10. If you are a big fan of FPS game and dont wanna spend any money, go play Team Fortess 2, it was made by Value and the game is free to play and it is made by a more repectful company.

11. Add your reasons here, either postive or negative.

I hope you all made your own decision before purchasing the game. They are all my advice and are subject to personal opinion. 

ok everything i highlighted in red have little to nothing to do with this game and in my opion are not valid reasons.

hte item highlights in yellow is not proof of a hcak but as has been stated a exploit that is in proccess of being fixed as stated on the beta testing foroums which arnt covered by NDA anymore but im not sure if ya can get into it without a beta accessess

and the one highlighted in cyan, is a biased opion that not all would agree with and should not be a listed fact, for reason not to play a game.

and finaly the stuff still in white is questionable, since not all FPS games are in fact hackable, what you call hacking is actually aim bots and the such and it is not actual hacking it is a computer program that reads input to your screen and adjusts with mouse and keyboard input. yes its cheating but it cant be countered. and yes most online FPS have these.

my opion on this is that while the valid points that remain are valid in a primaryly PvE game like this they really lose their impact unless you are the type who gets hurt if he cant show off his e-pean.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    There are just simply better shooters out on the market to play. It is just average at best in all aspects of the game. 

I agree, but this is not just a shooter, this is a MMO shooter with PvE elements, in any MMO we have to deal with large scale battles & ping times and because of this the shooter aspect will not be as good as a 16x16 man shooter.

This is like saying MMOrpg games are not as good as single player rpg games, well yes this is true again because of the large amounts of players on one server at one time, this limits the game in some way, however as time goes on and our tech gets better MMO can and will have games as good if not better then any single player game.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Although I will take a post of a two-poster with a grain of salt, it is funny to see all these butt-hurt fanboys getting all worked up because one guy didn't like the game.

Get over it, some people will like the game and some wont. I personally will probably try it out just because of the sci-fi series.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

i am so sorry but I dont care for your opinion /advice

After playing beta I am preorder game !

Defiance is good,funy,dinamic  shooter mmo.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    You had me at #1.

Doesn't GW2 have a lot of hackers and bots?  If so, and it wasn't a big deal for you there, then why would it be different for Defiance?

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I could comment but I just laughed at how 90% of the reasons OP listed consist of talking about planet side 2 (Has NOTHING to do with Defiance considering all they have the same is FPS) and hacking, restated several times.

When I describe the reasons I feel Gw2 isn't good, I'm going to use that flawless tactic instead of giving good reasons, explaining the fact it has no progression in 10 different points extended out and then mention the bots I've seen in game in another 10 more other points and point out there were bots in Runescape as a response that why it fails since runescape can't do anything about it. Never thought it would work as a valid argument about why a game isn't good! 

/sarcasm.

• Domy1Domy1 Member UncommonPosts: 46

First of all I wont be buying Defiance but not for the reasons the idiot op has said. I have not played beta and i wouldn't even have requested a key therefore denying someone else the chance, its just not my type of game but i wont come on here and rant how useless it is.  Plenty of people have played it and plenty have liked it or liked the way it is going.

What makes my blood boil is idots tar companies with bad reps just becuase a BETA was not what they expected. By all mean give your opinion on beta but then to peddle inaccuracies makes you look stupid.

Trion does not have a bad rep, infact they are one of the best for customer service and game quality.  Rift was very good, played for 6 months and no complaints at all, End Of Nations I was in from Alpha and when it is finaly released it is gonna be awesome, just the fact that the developers had some problems and now Trion have taken it in house there is bound to be some  delay and Warface is not out yet still in beta but is looking good (another FPS so have not actually tried it, does not interest me but i wont trash it).  If Trion were so bad why would the community be rejoicing it is them that will publish Archage?

By all means give your opionion on a game, but get your facts right before blaming the company

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    If you are gonna hate at least do it with solid points (and there are a lot) instead of  posting 80% of you being butt hurt by planetside 2 :p
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

lmao...

Planetside 2 has NOT failed,its actually still going pretty strong.

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by Agoden

Sometimes i get so tired of people like you..

Really let people decide for themselves, every game that releases this crap happens.. Leave it to the reviewers you useless waste of space.

Get it through your thick skull that not everyone shares your opinion and some of us like the game.

lol someone beat me to it, and actually said it better.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by tank017

lmao...

Planetside 2 has NOT failed,its actually still going pretty strong.

Thats what I thought.  I don't play soe games anymore so I wouldn't know first hand but I do know a lot of people who still play.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    You had me at #1.

Doesn't GW2 have a lot of hackers and bots?  If so, and it wasn't a big deal for you there, then why would it be different for Defiance?

No, not anymore.  Besides, I wasn't able to play around the time botting was a big issue.  And what I meant was, in a shooting game, hackers will take you out so much faster than they can in any MMO I've played.  That's why he/she had me at #1.

I never mentioned bots anyway.  You don't have to be able to hack to bot.

Besides, I never said I wouldn't play it (any hacking issues would be long fixed by the time the game is down in price) or that OP's other reasons were valid.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I played in the beta during more than one weekend and I preordered the game. The OP couldn't be more wrong about his ignorant and naive reasons.
  • cm01cm01 Member Posts: 47
    I played the alpha plenty and cancelled my preorder, i just don't see the game being fun for very long, people will run out of content and be bored in no time. There's also almost no progression to be hard, and the world is tiny.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    There could be a game that is 100% flawless in every aspect and haters will still hate on it.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Biggest thing for me is that beyond the TV tie-in, there is not much reason to hype this game. It is just not very good. If I do end up playing it ever, it will bought on sale and much later. $60? Not even close to worth it (and yes, I played the beta). Not even really an MMO either, since you don't need other players for nearly anything.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Whats with all the Defiance hate? Did it touch you guys inappropriately as childred? I think im going to make you guys some jerseys with your favorite mmo company logos on them so you can bash all the games you dont like with more style, the grace part is going to be up to you though. 
  • LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    Whats with all the Defiance hate? Did it touch you guys inappropriately as childred? I think im going to make you guys some jerseys with your favorite mmo company logos on them so you can bash all the games you dont like with more style, the grace part is going to be up to you though. 

Whats with all of the Defiance love? Those shouting from the rooftops its the best thing since sliced bread are just as bad if not worse. As Burntvet said above, all the reason you do not need to not buy the game is that its a lackluster title for computer, and only solid on console because it has no real competition.

As for those attempting to defend Defiance and its wide open ability to be hacked by saying "other games can be hacked too" please atleast look at the tech involved. There are decent ways to limit its hackability. Keeping everything client side like it has just so it can claim the term "pixel perfect shooter" for marketing is honestly pretty dumb. Keeping everything server side instead severely limits what hacks and how they can be implemented. After being told about the wide open security holes I cannot help but look at the title as anything but a joke.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    PVE , so cheaters are not important

you do realize there is pvp right? large scale open world pvp fights.  and headshots do a billion damage?

in closed beta there were hackers in the pvp fights. they would head shot you while bunny jumping like crazy from behind building, rocks, you name it boom HEADSHOT!

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

This discussion has been closed.