It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
There are plenty of reasons you should not buy Defiance.
1. It is hackable, like all FPS games.
2. There are games better than Defiance but still failed due to hacking issue.
3. Planetside 2 is a good example. It is free to to play in a much bigger open ended world made by SONY.
4. However, Planetside 2 still failed because they cannot resolve the hacking problem.
5. If SONY, a much bigger company cannot make it, why do you think Trion can?
6. During the Beta period, there are already hackers around. The side mission boards showed their hacking records. They had achieved an unachieveable result. The #1 was like 500,000 points, the second and third had only 20K - 30K.
7. Planetside 2 survived barely half a year, and now for your $59.99 + tax, this is how much you can expect. Not to mention they wanna charge the season pass and stuff. For the same amount of money I would buy Guild Wars 2 and I can play it for at least 4-6 years. GW 1 was released in 2005.
8. Developer wise, Trion is not a successful company. Check out the other products like Rift, Warface, and End of Nations. This company doesnt have much a good past record and they dont make good products but aim for making good money.
9. For $59.99, if you wanna play FPS game, you can buy the most anticipated single player game Bio Shock infinite, which was relased this month 25th.
10. If you are a big fan of FPS game and dont wanna spend any money, go play Team Fortess 2, it was made by Value and the game is free to play and it is made by a more repectful company.
11. Add your reasons here, either postive or negative.
I hope you all made your own decision before purchasing the game. They are all my advice and are subject to personal opinion.