Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons YOU SHOULD NOT BUY Defiance

azlokiazloki Member Posts: 6

There are plenty of reasons you should not buy Defiance. 

1. It is hackable, like all FPS games.

2. There are games better than Defiance but still failed due to hacking issue.

3.  Planetside 2 is a good example. It is free to to play in a much bigger open ended world made by SONY. 

4. However, Planetside 2 still failed because they cannot resolve the hacking problem.

5. If SONY, a much bigger company cannot make it, why do you think Trion can?

6. During the Beta period, there are already hackers around. The side mission boards showed their hacking records. They had achieved an unachieveable result. The #1 was like 500,000 points, the second and third had only 20K - 30K.

7. Planetside 2 survived barely half a year, and now for your $59.99 + tax, this is how much you can expect. Not to mention they wanna charge the season pass and stuff. For the same amount of money I would buy Guild Wars 2 and I can play it for at least 4-6 years. GW 1 was released in 2005.

8. Developer wise, Trion is not a successful company. Check out the other products like Rift, Warface, and End of Nations. This company doesnt have much a good past record and they dont make good products but aim for making good money.

9. For $59.99, if you wanna play FPS game, you can buy the most anticipated single player game Bio Shock infinite, which was relased this month 25th.

10. If you are a big fan of FPS game and dont wanna spend any money, go play Team Fortess 2, it was made by Value and the game is free to play and it is made by a more repectful company.

11. Add your reasons here, either postive or negative.

I hope you all made your own decision before purchasing the game. They are all my advice and are subject to personal opinion. 

Comments

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    It seems all FPS games are plagued by ESP (wallhack) cheats and aimbotters these days.  However, with much of Defiance being PvE......I'm not really seeing the problem.  Has cheating been reported in the beta builds of the game?  Unfortunately I have not been on the forums for the game, however I did pre-purchase after the last beta event.  If the game was PvP with full loot or something like that, then yeah I could see how this would be a big problem (think WarZ/DayZ).  Not really sure I see the issue here, though. 
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Sometimes i get so tired of people like you..

Really let people decide for themselves, every game that releases this crap happens.. Leave it to the reviewers you useless waste of space.

Get it through your thick skull that not everyone shares your opinion and some of us like the game.

• mav1234mav1234 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Maybe I'm weird, but developer-wise, I like Trion.  I've not played End of Nations but I've liked what they have done with Rift overall.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    PVE , so cheaters are not important

• Nefarion84Nefarion84 Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by azloki

3.  Planetside 2 is a good example. It is free to to play in a much bigger open ended world made by SONY. 

4. However, Planetside 2 still failed because they cannot resolve the hacking problem.

6. During the Beta period, there are already hackers around. The side mission boards showed their hacking records. They had achieved an unachieveable result. The #1 was like 500,000 points, the second and third had only 20K - 30K.

7. Planetside 2 survived barely half a year, and now for your $59.99 + tax, this is how much you can expect. Not to mention they wanna charge the season pass and stuff. For the same amount of money I would buy Guild Wars 2 and I can play it for at least 4-6 years. GW 1 was released in 2005.

8. Developer wise, Trion is not a successful company. Check out the other products like Rift, Warface, and End of Nations. This company doesnt have much a good past record and they dont make good products but aim for making good money.

9. For $59.99, if you wanna play FPS game, you can buy the most anticipated single player game Bio Shock infinite, which was relased this month 25th.

10. If you are a big fan of FPS game and dont wanna spend any money, go play Team Fortess 2, it was made by Value and the game is free to play and it is made by a more repectful company.

I hope you all made your own decision before purchasing the game. They are all my advice and are subject to personal opinion. 

I respect your personal opinion and as such wont argue with most of your posts....number 8 however...IN MY OWN OPINION... is blatantly false, rift is doing pretty dang well for itself and you cant judge warface or Rise of Nations yet because they havent really released yet. as it comes to hacks, they can be tough to deal with but i think they will get it dealt with. I played the new bioshock and it was good...but REDICULOUSLY short. Im looking forward to a full world that will couple with a tv show for a play time much longer then that of Bioshock.

• CryrothCryroth Member UncommonPosts: 51
    trion not sucessful? did you see rift still a p2p game in the world where p2p are actually declining.
  • Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by Cryroth
    trion not sucessful? did you see rift still a p2p game in the world where p2p are actually declining.

This and nothing but this.  Oh and no... I don't play rift.

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

It's going to be up to Tirion to come down with heavy bans on people who cheat; and the players are going to have to do their part in reporting the people they see  that are cheating. Saying that "X company didn't stop bans; so Y company isn't going to be able to do anything about it!" is a terrible argument.  Suddenly, Sony is the expert MMO game company?  When on earth did this happen? 

BioShock Infinite is the most overrated game I've played in a long time.  Boring vigors, boring weapons, boring enemies, terrible story, way too short, and what should be only a one and done setting.  I liked the sky line fights, but those felt pretty rare. A game that you can beat in 5 or 6 hours with 0 replayability that you can only play by yourself is pretty expensive entertainment.   I could have spent 7 hours in a movie theater and spent less than $60.00.  Defiance on the other hand is $60.00 and I can play for as much as I want to and with a lot of other people. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    You had me at #1.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

I was going to reply to this thread sooner but I decided to do a bit of searching around 1st. I've found no evidence at all that Defiance has ever been hacked. I know where these losers hang out because I play quite a few FPS games and I like to keep up with the latest hacks pople are using. The quicker these things are pointed out to the anti cheat people the better for all of us.

Nothing anywhere about Defiance hacks. Nix, nada, zip, diddly squat!

Please provide evidence of these hacks or admit you're a troll. Something I think everyone can already see by the post count.

Edit:

Something else to think on, Sony may be utterly rubbish at dealing with hackers but Steam are not. Now, seeing as Defiance is for sale on Steam I think any potential hackers will be a bit more circumspect because Steam ban them from their account, not just the one game they were caught cheating. Out of all the FPS games out there I'd say Steam games encounter the fewest hackers. They have too much to lose if caught. That's been my experience anyway.

And were do we see people buying Defiance from? Steam.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

1. You said all FPS are hackable. Does that mean i have to walk away from FPS genre? no.

2. If its not massive, Third Person, with PvE, then to me is not better than Defiance (or even Firefall). Thats personal preference.

3. Planetside 2 doesnt have PvE and Third Person perspective so dont compare it to Defiance. Again, personal pref.

4. Same here.

5. Sony made a massive pvp FPS. They didnt make a massive PvE TPS. Stop comparing a PvP game with a PvE game.

6. I saw those ridiculous numbers. I barely made 40k once.

7. Again comparing a PvP game with a PvE game. Also, remember that Defiance runs along with the TV show. Trion can add more content as long as it doesnt affect the TV show's content. Im sure each season of the TV show will come with new season (big content) for the game to keep running both at the same pace.

8. Trion has put more content aggressively than anyone else in years (not sure if they are doing it anymore tho). And of course if you played the beta you should know the game plays well. They made Rift. Everything else you mentioned was made by a different company, they just published them. So judging a company for 1 past game is not fair, just opinion.

9. No matter how good Bioshock Infinite is i prefer to pay the 60 bucks in Defiance because i can play it for a long time. For me to pay 60 bucks for a single player-only game has to be the size of Skyrim. Maybe if Bioshock had multiplayer i would pay it. Definitely not for 1 short campaign. Thats my personal opinion. Im not saying the game is bad or not worth the money, its just me, personally.

10. Im not a fan of FPS, im a fan of TPS (Third Person). The only FPS i can say im a fan of is battlefield because of the size of the maps that add more tactical combat and the destruction thanks to Frostbite.

11. Im enjoying it.

Here i got me covered. Why shouldnt I buy Defiance again? :)

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259

they are not hackers they are exploits that alpha testers have been trying to sort out... yes some are still in the beta but they know about them and are working to resolve them

still funny how peeps bash a game they dont like instead of just moving onto a game they do like, maybe you should leave the beer alone befor you type.

• TineaTinea Member UncommonPosts: 86

Isn't any game hackable?  I know very little about hacking, but what makes Defiance more prone to hacking?  Is it that shooters attract more hackers?  Is it that Trion has a history of being hacked?  Is it just that hacking in a game with PvP is more likely to affect your game play than in a pure PvE game?

Also, the extremely high scores on the challenges/side missions don't nessarily equal hacking.  It could be an exploit, which is still not good, but that does not equal hacking.  I'd believe people were finding exploits before believing that they were hacking.  I read the forums about some of the challenges and there were posts by people explaining how they got the high scores, so it may not even be exploiting.

I will be playing the game, but I don't expect to be playing it for years.  Since its buy to play, I can see myself playing on and off for a longer time if the show is good and maintains my interest in the world.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Wait....Planetside 2 failed? When did that happen? And when will me and the rest of the playerbase be officially informed about it?
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I hate to break it to you, but ALL games are hackable. Every last one. There's never been a case of a game that wasn't hackable. A game being hackable, isn't a good enough reason to pass up any one particular game over another. The main question is whether or not it impedes gameplay / is severe enough to make the game unplayable.

The rest of your reasons seem to have little to do with the game itself.

This isn't to say that hacking isn't an issue, but if you are going to go on a forum trying to stear people away from a game, give some solid reasoning.

• AkatsiAkatsi Member UncommonPosts: 3

I would have to say, during the last beta, I pretty much stuck around in Shadow War/Observatory (Instanced PvP), and out of the 150-200 matches I played, I ran into only one hacker. It was a speed hacker. I ended up recording, reporting, etc. etc. You know the drill. Funny part was I still beat him down multiple times and my team ended up winning. =P Point is, I haven't seen hackers in every other game like I have in some other betas I've been in. 

As for the crazy scores in some challenges, those aren't hacks. As someone before me said, they're exploits. I would know, since one of the scores is mine. It was during one of the hotshot challenges. I had run out of ammo in my pistol, which usually ended the challenge, but I quickly switched to my LMG and the match glitched and kept going. I then used up the ammo in every single gun. I have around a 800-1000x multiplier and my score was around 1.2 mil when the second highest score was 300k. 

As for the rest of the OP's concerns, I don't really have an preference. I just wanted to give my opinion on the 'hacking' aspect of it. ^_^;

• revslaverevslave Member UncommonPosts: 154

Hello

Just a bit of info on the in game leaderboards, this was not due to a 3rd party hack, but because of an in game exploitable bug. Granted an exploitable bug is bad but to my uneducated computer illiterate mind most likely easer to correct.

I have no real need or desire to comment on any of your other points, and in the end only time will tell if you predictions come true

Cheers.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Wait....Planetside 2 failed? When did that happen? And when will me and the rest of the playerbase be officially informed about it?

round about the same time that Rift did.. oh wait, that didnt happen either image

tbh, most of the OP's arguments are more than a little suspect bordering on er.. lies, though i can think of several reasons not to buy defiance, on the PC for instance the UI shows its console heritage far too well, regardless of that my reason not to buy is because i don't like 3rd person shooters.image

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

quite frankly there are not enough hours in the day for me to waste my time pointing out all of the errors and complete inaccuricies in your post OP. 

I can see that this is the first time you have posted on these forums. I think perhaps you should have done a little more research before you took that 1st step?

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    o/ Number 6 = easy bans for hacking!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I want to know who at Trion ran over the OP's puppy.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

1.  All MMOs are hackable.  All video games in general are hackable.  Get over it.

2.  Defiance isn't even out yet, so your statement that something is "better" than Defiance is pretty much null and void.  And again, every game, including MMOs is hackable, so why should Defiance be any different/why should people not play it because it can be hacked?

3/4.  Last I heard Planetside 2 is a great game that is still going strong, or are you comparing its success to the sucess of games like TF2?  That's like saying Guild Wars 2 failed because it isn't as popular as World of Warcraft.

5.  Because Trion is focused 100% on computer gaming and Sony is not?

6.  Again:  Every game can be hacked.  Get over it.

7.  Again, Planetside 2 failing is news to me (news flash, it isn't, or at least nowhere near as bad as you claim it is).

8.  From what I heard, those games are actually supposd to be decent or good, especially Rift.

9.  If you want to play a SINGLE PLAYER FPS game, get Bioshock Infinite.  If you want to play a multiplayer FPS that does what no other FPS have ever done and make it tied into a hypded-and-suppoed-to-be-good upcoming TV show where events in oen affect the other and vice versa (for everyone wanting a unique experience, this is truly unique), buy Defiance.  Or play TF2 or Planetside 2.

10.  A more respectful company that has yet to deliver on long promised Half Life 3 ("more respectful" is subjective and doesn't equate to better, or should I mention the highly respectful company Bioware's gaffes in the Mass Effect 3 ending and SW:TOR?)

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Raserei

@OP, this is ultra opinionated.

Your calling Trion a bad company? Ar you being serious? They USED TO update Rift more than Blizzard updates WoW. Rift is an amazing game TO THE LESS THAN 200K THAT PLAY IT. 

Had to fix that for you.

Not saying the OP isnt over the top, but its now almost 5 months after SL's release (and 4 months after the mass layoffs)   and Rift is still waiting for its first big content patch.  Theyve had a raid added that was just delayed from SL launch and the third tier of PAs that were first seen on the PTR March....2012.  

Yes, the game is still p2p.  It certainly has less subs than games like LOTRO and SWTOR did when they went f2p though.  Trion just prefers to keep it p2p, most other developers would have bit the bullet (this is a big positive to Trion IMO that they have resisted the urge).

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

1) Trion is actually a good developer. Rift is one of the few sub based games holding its own. Not sure how you find the opposite true but Rift has done well and that is a fact. 

2) Cheating in Defiance I don't see as much of an issue. This isn't like a lot of other shooters. Are you worried about people using aim bots when assisted aiming is already in the game? Wallhacks when the PvP side of things is based around taking objectives that are clearly displayed for all to see? The game design itself actually makes many of the typical cheats pointless and useless. When someone is popping in and out of stealth aim botting becomes a lot harder to do, when someone is moving at turbo speeds again a lot of these cheats become useless. Then you have to take into account that this game is PvE centric making much of the common cheats/hacks pointless. 

3) As far as better games, frankly put there aren't any other games like Defiance. It's an MMOTPS that focuses on PvE and missions, has "dynamic events", ties into a TV show, has a scifi setting, vehicles, etc. The closest thing out there is FE and even that isn't close enough to be considered in the same sub genre as Defiance. Sure, there are probably better games out there depending on each individuals prefferences but, there aren't any other games out there like Defiance. Its a PvE MMOTPS thats a bit of a freeform themepark. Show me another?

4) Bioshock isn't an MMO, no idea why you would throw that out there. Thats like saying "Why play any MMO's when there are better done single player games" the answer is the same, they aren't MMO's. Would TESO be as hyped as it is if people didn't care about the MMO side of these games? Its a shadow of Morrowwind, Oblivion, and Skyrim... yet it's still hyped to all hell and back simply because it is an MMO. 

You are trying to convince people not to buy Defiance without stating any reason at all that pertains to Defiance. The core game design does a better job of dealing with hacks and cheats than anti cheat attempts from seasoned FPS developers. Trion is actually regarded by most as a good developer, they aren't greedy, have proven to be capable of delivering quality products, good flow with updates and content, decent at balancing, etc. 

In the end there are actually a good number of reasons not to buy Defiance, at least not off the bat. The OP however hasn't listed anything relevant. 

Reasons to Wait on Defiance

1) UI - The PC UI is awful. It is awkward, clunky, and simply awful. Most of those that have played are hoping this gets fixed and we have been asking for it to be fixed for awhile. 

2) PC FOV - The low Field of View in Defiance has caused a number of players headaches and nausea this happens with a lot of games believe it or not. Generally only FPS and close TPS games though. Players have been asking for this to be fixed as well. 

3) Lack of Banks - Theres nothing like a bank system in Defiance. You get a lot of drops and they are always in your inventory so you have to sale/break down things. This is a bit of an issue for horders or people wanting to save things for alts. 

4) Camera - The camera is off. For me my character was to far to the left, but beyond that aiming is off as well and I believe it may because of the off center character. It's not bad while scoping, but when firing from the hip the aiming is off and the closer you are the worse it is. 

5) VOIP - The in game VOIP is awful. It is always on by default, there is no push to talk option and the sound quality is just terrible. 

Until these issues are fixed (Which they likely will be by launch or shortly after) I would advise you not to get Defiance if you aren't already sold on it. 

For me, I got the game already. I liked it despite the actual issues and found it to be fun. There are actual reason to wait though, the OP obviously hasn't played and knows nothing about the game though since none of these were listed and the only reasons he managed to list simply A) Weren't true and or B) Had nothing to do with Defiance. 

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    Haters gonna hate, players gonna play.  At least I will not be seeing this guy while I am enjoying Defiance.
This discussion has been closed.