Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you getting Defiance?

124»

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    not sure. have friends who like it and i certainly like the setting but gotta see some footage before I make a commit.
  • gizmovisiongizmovision Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by ch0sen0ne
    So, are you?

no, I'm not. At the beginning I really thought I would go all out on this game. I enjoyed the beta and alpha's. the biggest problem i saw was the interaction with other players. We all got together to battle for the Arkfalls but I couldn't interact with them. I couldn't call for help to be revived. (one of the biggest problems I had). The PvP wasn't that good. In the beta it was the guys that had the break-away rockets that won out. I never joined back in after that. If its not fun I don't want to play. there was no real social interaction between players. there was no central meeting place to trade (if you could?) or even hang out.( the main cities in most MMOs)

I wish them luck, I'll keep playing RIFT... I'll watch for the TV show.

I did address these issues in the forums and in the in-game feedback. they said they were going to work on most of these problems. I didn't go back for the last beta, this past week? I got the invite but spent time in RIFT for their second Anniversary celebration. Someone didn't talk to someone else in the project planning for conflicts of release dates and such there...
  • gizmovisiongizmovision Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I tried it in 3 different beta's.  The UI killed it for me alone.  the non colision also bothered me.  Having folk's drive an atv through me was odd.  Then the bugs being shot through the walls by npc's.  I got on one mission to do something at a raidio station, and it bugged out and there was 30 or so waves of mutants, the npc sat there and did nothing, so I was stuck with the story line. 

Sorry this game just had so many downers for me I gave up.  

i liked the non collision, you don't bang into others in most every other MMOs, its not Flat Out or Bumper Cars. Image everyone trying to get mail on a wolly mammoth in WoW  if everyone took up space that noone else could occupy. The UI is based so it can be played on a console system with standard radial input. I just missed the social part of the game.

• trikkitrikki Member Posts: 58
    First time around,this game looked pretty nice.After playing the beta,not interested anymore.
  • Alexander.BAlexander.B Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Technically no because I already have it. :]
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

from my beta experience

i dont count bugs cause this is something they can (?) fix

but the broken jumping it ruins any immersion for a shooter game and jumping like you are on the moon ...

also the fact that you can walk through an other character is annoying, i miss the old MMOs and i dunno why they have this these days, it sucks.

the character creation was awfull and the toons were in generall ugly ! wtf why ?

the dynamic event type system was ok

not worthy even for b2p, black retribution better scifi shooter in my opinion and better wait for Destiny ...

• falconhandfalconhand Member UncommonPosts: 50
    At the moment still not sure, but I am looking at the steam bonus items and when you get even the truck I my consider buying it you to have the bonus items.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Played Beta and Alpha, so....YES image

Having it redy via Steam tho and looking forward to get the TIER 3 Reward. As i type we are on 93% to it.

That will be a nice start in the Day on Tuesday.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Nope, I played the game in beta and to be honest I found it boring as shit just like firefall. Not going to waste 60 bucks on this game, I might pick it up when its like 10 or 20 bucks down the road, but at launch? hell no, lots of better games out there I could buy. Then again I only buy mmorpgs since the rest.. well, torrents are your friends lol. There isin't any mmo's I wanna play atm, been mostly playing my psp and 3ds. The mmorpg market has honestly gone to shit, every damn game is bascally wow in a new skin lately. Mind you defiance isin't wow in a new skin but its just boring due to a lack of abilities and such to play with.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by Beastn

Nah just kidding I pre-ordered it already, you see I actually have a job, and spending $60 on a video game isn't a life altering decision for me

I'm going to wait and see how it goes a month or two out of launch. I've learned at least that much in the past few years of the next shiny new game launch. 

I have found the general consensus of posters on this site to be correct -- i.e., in correlation with my own opinions.  Therefore, I will wait and see what people say before I spend.

By the way, I have a job, too. I make a comfortable living, as well. But no matter how much money I have, I don't throw it around like confetti. That may just be me, though.  ; )

Naw, its not just you, I am the same way, I am very picky what I spend my money on and defiance just is not good enough to warrant a purchaise. Going to suck missing out on the pre order items later on but meh, got better/more important games/things to spend my money on atm. Then again if my brother never talked me into loaning him money I may have gotten defiance anyway just because I am so damn bored atm. I want to play a mmo, but like all the ones currently out are so boring since its just wow in a new skin for the most part, and I am sick of that style of mmorpg. There is a reason why wow-clones have been falling over dead in less than 2 months lately.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

I bought the standard Steam preorder.

This should at least keep me occupied between the FFXIV:ARR betas.

• KreetureKreeture Member UncommonPosts: 59
    no interest whatsoever. FPS mmo?? no thank you.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Pre ordered on steam already. Got a free copy of rift and storm legion for doing so as well. Nice little bonus.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Nope, I played the game in beta and to be honest I found it boring as shit just like firefall. Not going to waste 60 bucks on this game, I might pick it up when its like 10 or 20 bucks down the road, but at launch? hell no, lots of better games out there I could buy. Then again I only buy mmorpgs since the rest.. well, torrents are your friends lol. There isin't any mmo's I wanna play atm, been mostly playing my psp and 3ds. The mmorpg market has honestly gone to shit, every damn game is bascally wow in a new skin lately. Mind you defiance isin't wow in a new skin but its just boring due to a lack of abilities and such to play with.

"No" would have sufficed!

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

yes i will be on it but on ps3 not pc enjoyed it a lot more and a lot less glitchy on ps3

• TE5LATE5LA Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by lordtwisted
     On the PC I had zero problems aiming at things, with or without a scope. I was popping mutants in the head with an SMG and iron sites with no problem, added a scope to my LMG and had no problem with it either. 

Then you are obviously not doing what I was talking about and what my video clearly demonstrates. Try getting behind cover and moving to the right to shoot. Even though your crosshair is clearly off the cover by a mile and aiming at distant targets, your shots will hit the cover. Just look at the video if you missed the link:

By the way, using hardsights or sniping mode isn't affected by this and can also be used to demonstrate the error. Firing from the hip, get behind an object and move to the right where you can aim at a target. Now switch to the scope and you wil be looking straight into the object to your left, not at the target. This shows the two methods of aiming are off.

Originally posted by Kreeture
    no interest whatsoever. FPS mmo?? no thank you.

It's Third-Person.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Nope do not like shooter and I dislike linear games even less.  Defiance has that in droves.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by Tatercake

yes i will be on it but on ps3 not pc enjoyed it a lot more and a lot less glitchy on ps3

What do you mean glitchy on PC? Graphics? I found it to be perfectly smooth. I get somewhere between 90-100 fps with all settings maxed. But then, I get 180 fps on Battlefield 3 maxed.

• emperionemperion Member Posts: 23

Yes I'm getting it.

I'm looking past the little quirks, and giving the trolls the middle finger.

I think what Syfy & Trion are trying to do is worth the support.

I did however fill out their survey, just like ANY MMO or otherwise needs improvement.

F@ck the Trolls!!!

"Whats That Mr. Death Knocking At Your Door, Who's Gonna Die Tonight?"

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i think there are like 3 polls already with the same question about getting Defiance.