Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance is coming out in a few days. General consensus on it?

zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Are you playing it?

Comments

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    I meant to also add: Waiting for price drop.....but I hit enter too soon.
  • wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I bought my copy for 27 euro so i will try it :).
  • severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Was in the beta, say was because I quit playing a while ago.  Not necessarily a bad game, not a good game just.... just another game.  Maybe there might be something in the writing for some folks, maybe the art style for others.  Nothing stuck with me.  
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    [mod edit] I preordered and am looking forward to launch.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Maybe, I need to know if there are any proper support roles or it is just all phew phew.

Regardless, I will watch the series and if it is any good, I might play it anyway.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

There is none. Different people like different games.

I will watch the show first .. and see if i like the setting. Probably will read some reviews before making up my mind.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Yamota

Maybe, I need to know if there are any proper support roles or it is just all phew phew.

Regardless, I will watch the series and if it is any good, I might play it anyway.

Chosen roles are dependant on the weapon type you use and there is a ton. There are no classes.

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

From what I've played, it's not worth the full retail box. Maybe when it drops in price or goes F2P on the PS3. As Severius said, it just didn't grab me.

• CryrothCryroth Member UncommonPosts: 51
    knowing its a trion product it will get plenty of content so i got my UE for pc
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

I've played it for a couple of months now.  I don't feel it's worth the $60, but it was reasonably fun, pew pew entertainment.  Probably the multiplatform release made them set the PC price way too high.  As a buy-to-play game at $20 or 25 it wouldn't be a bad investment, imo.   But it's not a deep game.  Will probably watch the show because of it though.   I wonder if Karl von Bach will have a role?

Oh, there is a sorta, kinda support thing you can do, but it's based on a particular alien weapon you use, so not really baked in to the gameplay.  It shoots foes, but you can use it to transfer energy to your friends.   It's possible that you can set up your EGO powers to boost the support role, but I didn't run across any of them while boosting my characters.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Its quite good. And its B2P.

I would surely buy it straight away if i didnt have so many games to play anyway.

So I will wait for reviews and see how it takes off. (Possibly some discount weekend that will surely come)

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I am a maybe.

I will wait and see how launch goes, read up on it more post release and decide then.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by McGamer

Chosen roles are dependant on the weapon type you use and there is a ton. There are no classes.

So are there support guns? Healing guns? CC guns? Buff guns? etc

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Pre ordered it along time ago from the local gamestop after doing the beta payed it off and bought the PS3 one as well.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Originally posted by McGamer

So are there support guns? Healing guns? CC guns? Buff guns? etc

Yep, there are BMGs, which basically do damage to enemies, and heal/restore shields when used on allies.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• lavosslayerlavosslayer Member Posts: 55
    Been playing since the first Beta and I still haven't found a reason to purchase it. Doesn't seem like there is much depth beyond the typical multiplayer shooter with skill trees. The world map is huge but it also makes the world seem empty at times. Story is ok, lots of things are built around small group gameplay. If you solo, you might find a few missions that end up being too much to handle. Just seems too mediocre for $60...better games coming out next month that I'd rather spend money on...maybe when steam has its summer sale it might become a bit more tempting...

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I am probably gonna try it eventually, but I am gonna wait for some reviews, and  possibly watch some twitch streams after launch to see if it seems worth a buy.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by zethcarn
    I meant to also add: Waiting for price drop.....but I hit enter too soon.

i was going to wait for one of those crazy steam sales but: 1) havent been able to stop playing the alpha (beta?), and 2) i may die tomorrow and if that happens the money in my pocket wont stay in my pocket.

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    I played the beta and it's another generic piece of shit
  • TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

i loved the game had a lot of fun in the betta

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Defiance is not a game, but a marketing experiment....   thank you to all that are participating!

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    yes,finaly I find shooter mmo,for what I am looking after TR servers down
  • DuffMcDDuffMcD Member UncommonPosts: 14

I am not into FPS games and their ilk, but wanted to give this a shot (no pun intended) since it was 3rd person. I really liked the idea of the TV show tie in and really hoped somehow it would sweep me off my feet enough to buy and be swayed away from just playing swords&sorcery games. Sadly I won't be. I didn't even bother giving beta test feedback because I didn't think mine would be appropriate to the game development, unless they were going to scrap it and make something completely different. 

If it were F2P I might have given it another chance once the show started and the hype built up, just to be absolutely sure I could not get into it, but I just don't see myself paying for it at all. However I tried Warframe and I liked the sword/gun combo and the feel was what I was hoping for in Defiance. I was able to just jump into the game without a long tutorial or too many buttons to push, and little ammo to use. Since that one is F2P I would more likely go back to that or just play PlanetSide 2 if I wanted something along those lines.

I really do hope the game takes off well and that the TV show tie in prompts more game devs to do the same thing, preferably next one a fantasy game for my sake. Looking forward to the show image

• SuperPanekiSuperPaneki Member Posts: 62

I'd like to point out again that the game is completely free to play from the get-go. The company will release dlcs from time to time to expand the world, but you won't have to buy them if you don't want to. You will always be able to play what you've payed for at the release. If you like one dlc and you don't like other, you can buy the one you like and nothing else.

I've already bought it on Steam. I'm going to enjoy myself as hell. I recommend this amazing game to everyone that like shooters, mmos in general, and to the lovers of driving like in the game Motorstorm.

• Nefarion84Nefarion84 Member Posts: 17
    I have an ultimate edition reserved and paid off myself, Ive enjoyed the game and cant wait to see the tv series as well