Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it even possible to make an F2p without selling advatages?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,651Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Scot

Indeed it was their choice not to have a sub, and that choice led them to allow guns to be bought in the cash shop. I see this as cause and effect you see it as a a holoistic design decision. Thats where we differ.

Lotro's cash shop started of well but has got worse. Deja Vu anyone? After a while they allowed you to get the upgrades you need for your legendary weapon in the cash shop. As far as I know all the upgrades you need can be bought online. You may still need to get the basic weapon as standard loot, but they just drop as you quest.  And I still think you can get a better basic weapon by doing raids, but I might be wrong there. But as you can see, selling weapons and XP boosts is here already, what next?

DOn't you think they design in the selling of guns from the getgo? In fact, what is wrong with it? It is a pretty much standard practice in online shooter.

• YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,587Member Uncommon
    Is it possible? Yes. But sooner or later greed makes them sell stuff for getting advantages. Even League of Legends allow you to, indirectly, buy runes by selling various boosts which allows you to buy them quicker. And yes, being able to get something quicker, IS an advantage because time is always a factor.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 oasisPosts: 2,028Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by gessekai332

Is it possible to make an F2P where you dont result in ultimately granting a person an advantage?

It can be argued to what degree a cash shop sells advantages, but the basis of the design is to sell players in-game content.