Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Info about Dragon Prophet????

TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

....Anyone heard about this SoE game???  It looks good, different but it is from SoE.  

Games website http://www.dragonsprophetthegame.com/ states it launches this spring and with beta soon, but its been stating that for months with no update.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Comments

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ......anyone??

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    The feature list was somewhat interesting but the ingame footage was lackluster, looked old and static.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

..so you gave your opinion, and didnt answer the question......[mod edit]

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by TheJoda
    ..so you gave your opinion, and didnt answer the question......[mod edit]

What question would that be, If I've heard about it? No I haven't, does that answer your question?

i klicked your link, I read the feature list and I watched their trailer and I posted my thoughts about what I saw and what I've read [mod edit]

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235

Here's some gameplay on the Oracle Class (Melee AOE):

This might be  late Alpha footage here, hard to tell.   I kept hoping to see a dragon and get it tamed or something but didn't happen in the clip.  Looks like it incorporates Dynamic Events in the form of a Boss for everyone to beat up on.

Slightly more Epic about the Actual Dragons:

Anyone hope that helps.

Originally posted by Doctorhoo

Here's some gameplay on the Oracle Class (Melee AOE):

This might be  late Alpha footage here, hard to tell.   I kept hoping to see a dragon and get it tamed or something but didn't happen in the clip.  Looks like it incorporates Dynamic Events in the form of a Boss for everyone to beat up on.

Slightly more Epic about the Actual Dragons:

Anyone hope that helps.

....nice find!

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    The pre-beta survey invites went out a week ago maybe. Word has it actual beta invites are starting to appear in inboxes as of a day ago.  That's all that can be written about without getting anyone into trouble.
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    The feature list was somewhat interesting but the ingame footage was lackluster, looked old and static.

Totally agree the footage of combat seemed generic nothing to get excited about,but the dynamic with the dragons might make this slightly more interesting will try it when it goes open or if I get in a beta.

p>
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by TheJoda

....Anyone heard about this SoE game???  It looks good, different but it is from SoE.  

Games website http://www.dragonsprophetthegame.com/ states it launches this spring and with beta soon, but its been stating that for months with no update.

Actually, SoE is only distributing it. Its from the makers of Runes of Magic. It is going to be a massive world, in game housing that can be upgraded in many ways...supposed to have 100s of different dragons that can be used for flying combat, 100s of different drakes for ground combat.

Other than that, do be careful with this one. As much as I thought Runes of Magic was decent, its Cash Shop was very different from most F2P games, even different from Asian F2P in that you didnt "buy" extra bags...you RENTED them, you had to buy Runes in order to recall to a location, had to buy repair hammers to repair armor. Go look at their version of the FOUNDER packs and check out some of the items you get. It points to their using similar shop methods.

Repair hammers, recall runes...then housing items as well looks like they are going to be shop items.

If you can deal with playing a F2P game that actually DOES force you to spend money, you may love this game. Personally I have no issues spending some money in a F2P game, but it better be optional otherwise I have issues with it.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• dovogamedovogame Member Posts: 6
    SoE game? i didn't hear about it!