Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar is going to be a big hit!

Comments

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I am REALLY looking forward to Wildstar but it is OP posts like this that are going to have the haters make Wildstar their number 1 target. That is not what the game needs.
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by koljane
    I call Wildstar, World of Warcraft V2.0 and that is a good thing.

Please do yourself a favor and dont do this thing.

How wrong is it to lay such expectations on a brand new game, in a complete different setting, made by completely different people with completely different ideas?

Bias is Never a good thing.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by tordurbar
    I am REALLY looking forward to Wildstar but it is OP posts like this that are going to have the haters make Wildstar their number 1 target. That is not what the game needs.

Why on earth do people still see things as you do? Dont you evolve? No offense.

But who cares for people that hate on a game, YOU could and will enjoy?? Are the opinions of other people much more important for you than your very own?

What others think of something Never should determine how YOU see the world. Never, EVER!

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    I predict a solid initial population and a significant dropoff within a month. :D
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

^This people make me laugh when they said it's going to be hurt because it will be thought of as WOW 2.0.

Yeah it will suck people that people will think your game is a updated version of the greatest selling MMO of all time!

That sounds horrible!....

People can say what they want about WOW but remember women lie, men lie but numbers don't.  WOW was the most played MMO in history for a reason.  And WildStar looks like it will be brining more to the table at the start then WOW did, can't wait to play it.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by Wraithone
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by Squeak69

exept you know when you axe something that is makeing a profit but dont axe things that arnt makeing profit 2x2=3 ?

Because you know what is profitting and what isn't with NCsoft right? I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing.

Hope springs eternal...  I'm pretty sure the government knows what its doing too.... ^^ Only time will tell this tale.  Lets hope we don't see history repeating itself.

The government has many heads, NCsoft has one.. the goals are different. You can't really compare a government entity to a corporate one.

Either way I greatly dislike NCsoft, however companies like Carbine have to fall under someone and honestly I think they have a better shot under NCsoft than say someone like EA, SOE or PWE.

SOE had one massive turd and a misstep or two but they seem to be finally waking up

PWE has never been a bad entity per say, they are up front about what they give you and while you can bitch and moan all you want STO is getting an expansion which looks to be pretty freaking massive which is a massive up swing from where STO was pre-PWE. Also they're the first publisher to facilitate a more free F2P system with open in-game transactions between gamers.

EA... is still shitting the bed and blaming the bedsheet manufacturer for selling them soiled sheets.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by 4bsolute
    Originally posted by tordurbar

Why on earth do people still see things as you do? Dont you evolve? No offense.

But who cares for people that hate on a game, YOU could and will enjoy?? Are the opinions of other people much more important for you than your very own?

What others think of something Never should determine how YOU see the world. Never, EVER!

Very true. But keep in mind the daily battle thats involved in influencing and manipulating peoples perceptions and beliefs.  I can't speak for the other poster, but Wildstar *should* stand on its own merits. But the unfortunate reality is, that if the haters make enough noise, they may well keep others from even giving the game a chance.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • kompleksakikompleksaki Member Posts: 81

How wrong is it to lay such expectations on a brand new game, in a complete different setting, made by completely different people with completely different ideas?

Actually a lot of the Wildstar devs are former wow devs also image .

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

It doesn't make business sense...

Really? Thats why NCSoft is a failed company which is drowning in losses...

• EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29

Also "Keep an Eye on your E-Mails"

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

every time i see a this kind of thread predicting the future of a game makes me go imagethen laugh a bit.

I remember everyone and their brother on this forums saying how SWTOR was going to brutally slaughter WoW. Their opinions sank with the ship.

With the exception of the ! quests i like where this game is going and i hope it does succeed. I think i read somewhere that its going to have some sort of dynamic events or something like that. I hope it does so i dont have to waste my time with static yawn inducing chains from ! to ! then ! then ! and ! then ! and on and on and on.....

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by rojo6934

I remember everyone and their brother on this forums saying how SWTOR was going to brutally slaughter WoW. 

No they weren't. Yeah, there were fanbois (there always are) but there were PLENTY of people predicting it's issues. Recent interviews of SWTOR devs even confirm what many folks here were saying. WS has it's share of fans and fanbois, but putting WS in the same category with SWTOR already is a bit pre-mature.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• NyrrhoNyrrho Member Posts: 53

Wildstar is the first game I've seen in a long time with a large focus on end game (or elder game as they call it). Obviously, people are going to look at this game and see similarities to WoW (mostly the art style), but people say that about every game.

I am a big fan of housing, especially housing that serves a functional purpose. That, along with some other things I've seen about Wildstar, makes me hopeful that this game can deliver a genuine amount of fun.

My only gripe with this game is that it is being published by NCsoft. While a decent company, recent news of layoffs and downsizing don't bring a lot of optimism for Wildstar. 

Originally posted by kompleksaki

Actually a lot of the Wildstar devs are former wow devs also image .

I'll try not to hold that against them... ^^  Unless they fled Ghostcrawlers reign of error.  Then they might actually be worth seeing what they have in mind.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by coretex666

First off, I do not think ArcheAge will be that popular.

I think that despite the fact that disgruntled older MMORPG fans on this forum (including me) keep asking for virtual worlds, sandboxes, etc, masses still want games like Rift, GW 2, Tera,...

It is possible that Wildstar will have its fans, so that it survives in the market. However, I do not think it will be that popular either as it is too similar to WoW. I, personally, would not leave WoW for a game this similar to it. Its housing may be nice, but how important is housing in a themepark game.

Maybe I am wrong and it will be blast, but I do not believe it at this point.

Think you really need to watch some of the vids about housing cause they are very important.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyh4x6_wildstar-housing-devspeak_videogames (00:52)

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129
    yup looking forward to this alot.
  • EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29
    You guys think Beta start next week? :>
    Originally posted by Reklaw

I think that despite the fact that disgruntled older MMORPG fans on this forum (including me) keep asking for virtual worlds, sandboxes, etc, masses still want games like Rift, GW 2, Tera,...

It is possible that Wildstar will have its fans, so that it survives in the market. However, I do not think it will be that popular either as it is too similar to WoW. I, personally, would not leave WoW for a game this similar to it. Its housing may be nice, but how important is housing in a themepark game.

Think you really need to watch some of the vids about housing cause they are very important.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyh4x6_wildstar-housing-devspeak_videogames (00:52)

Thanks! That looks like a great deal of fun.

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I agree...I will try this....TESO: ehhh
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I kind of agree with this.  Forumers are a very negative bunch usually, but who cares?  Games aren't just marketed to them (us).  If the game is fun, most people probably aren't going to say "cartoons?  Lame?" and toss it aside.  If they did, WoW wouldn't be popular.  For that matter, other genres would suffer too.  The Borderlands universe is pretty cartoony.

Everything doesn't need to be Call of Duty or Skyrim to be a success.  There's room for all kinds.

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by funcon
    I have a feeling, this game is really gonna be big. Bigger than Rift and GW2. And will be bigger than Elder Scrolls Online. It will challenge ArcheAge for the 2nd biggest MMORPG behind WoW.

I agree with this in the long run.  Elder Scrolls Online will have a huge number of players at the start and may even break records in sales as far as numbers sold within the first few weeks or months.  But my feeling is that it will fall in numbers rapidly afterwards in a similar fashion that Guild Wars 2 did after launch.  The game play discussion along with how the combat works in ESO turns off a lot of players because it's locked the player into a specific style of targeting enemies which many don't like.

Looking at game play videos and information on the web about this game, it appears to have the making of a great MMO.  It really will come down to game play and how many different types of things a player can do in the game both during leveling and after reaching max level.  For example, collecting mounts/companions is a great way that players can continue to get achievements if it exists in the game.  For the MMOs that don't have mounts or pets, that's one less thing players can do.

Once word gets out as to how this game plays, I believe it will become very big.  I'm hoping the game is open to different play styles, not locked into a specific one like Tera, Guild Wars 2 or what Elder Scrolls Online appears to be going towards.

The other interesting comment made here was that Blizzard never mentioned any work being done on World of Starcraft and this game appears to give the player the option of a space type of MMO that kind of has the WoW cartoon look to it.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by funcon
    I have a feeling, this game is really gonna be big. Bigger than Rift and GW2. And will be bigger than Elder Scrolls Online. It will challenge ArcheAge for the 2nd biggest MMORPG behind WoW.

While I think the game has potential to be a sleeper hit I do not think it will rival GW2 let alone ESO which is going to be mega huge, at least in the begining.  I also think you greatly exagerate the potential of AA.  I personally think AA will be a massie failure in the west like all Asian MMO's ahve been.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    Elder Scrolls Online has the IP going for it, all sorts of people know about it compared to WildStar. Although I'm looking forward to W* myself, I think it needs to gain some momentum in the marketing field to get decent initial sales.

That didn't help SWTOR at all. A crappy mmo is a crappy mmo.

This is a 100% true statement!  Which is why WoW is not great because of the name Blizzard and Warcraft nor is it because of timing of the Internet speed boom.  WoW dwarfs the entire MMO genre of games in terms of players that play it versus the other MMOs out there because it's a good game with many ways to play it.  It doesn't lock the player into playing a specific way that newer game makers tend to think has to be there.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Thanks! That looks like a great deal of fun.

Must admit the first time I saw something from Wildstar it was it's cartoony look that made the game not so interested to me. But after seeing some of the things done to the game I feel that the game might indeed become bigger then some well known IP MMO's

• indojabijinindojabijin Member UncommonPosts: 97

It is time for the MMO scene to relive another WoW moment. I really hope Wildstar will be a sleeper hit and will be successful the longer it progresses.

Even if this game isn't a huge success - I hope another MMO in the horizon will be a hit. It's really time for change... and I think everyone lost hope of another WoW after the massive failure SWTOR suffered.