Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you improve the direction the game is taking?

Comments

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by sapphen
    Originally posted by Grunch

Hahah! I was thinking the same thing. I think the best thing they can do is ignore the cry babies on this forum. Just finish the game so we can play it so at least then people can complain after they have played the game. Right now we have too much pre-complaining for no reason. 

If they don't want us critiquing the game then they shouldn't release any information.  It's human nature to want to express our opinions and put down others.

Then there's speculation about what they're hiding by not giving us every detail. The TOR NDA complaints were incessant. Developers are fucked either way they go when it comes to the MMO community. They literally can't do anything without upsetting someone and starting a forum war somewhere.

So I guess I actually agree with you for once. Since it's inevitable, they should just shut off the info until the game is ready to release.

It's a horrible practice to walk your clients through the design process.  No other gaming genre designs a game like this and it's two fold; things change and people become 'devoted' to certain design ideas BUT they gain valuable feedback, even when people think it's just whining and complaining.

Starting forum wars is part of the process.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by JasonJ

What improvements to the direction the game is taking? Removing the makers of DaoC and replacing them with somenoe, anyone else, dropping the vast limitations they brought to the game and actually making a TES game online for TES fans, not DaoC fans. And yes I also mean DaoC fans that also like TES....

Make a TES game based on TES, not another weaker IP that few people actually care about.

The game is based entirely on TES, not the DAoC IP, although I'm sure you meant just the game mechanics.

Here's the funny thing, though. It actually sounds far more like TES than DAoC, even if all you're doing is comparing mechanics. The only thing it copies from DAoC is faction lock and RvR. The rest, from character advancement, skill progression, combat, exploration, etc. is entirely stuff that you'd more than likely find in a TES game.

At this point, I think dissenters are at the point where they're intentionally ignoring the evidence proving the game is more the way they want it than not, for the sake of being able to argue with someone on the internet.

Incorrect on ALMOST everything you posted. If it was based entirely on TES, they wouldnt have had to CHANGE THE LORE to fit the DaoC game design...thats how UN-TES it is, they even had to change the LORE.

1. Character advancement is still unclear, they never bothered to ask if there was a limit to skill points, and the trees are still set up for CLASSES with branching trees that allow customization.

2. Exploration? No, sorry. Not TES. Starting areas for low levels that funnel you to the next area with higher level mobs all leading to the same place, a magical wall that allows you to actually go to war with others. Not even remotely close to TES.

The entire core game is DaoC. If you remove the TES skins and names, you wouldnt say "hey this game is a TES ripoff" you would say "this game is just another DaoC".

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Anakami
    Actually it is pretty easy. I could think of a few ways employing the very same mechanics and features they have right now, just tailor them a lot more to the open world setting of TES, that -for me- is about choice. We will see how this game turns out in the end and if they have done themselves a favor with their design choices :)

its not as easy as you seem to think.then what do you do with the lore? the race factions would be meaningless, what would be the point of the war in cyrodiil? the lore of the game is centered around these racial actions.

the only fix to this that i can see is to allow people to betray their race in a quest you can get right away.

upon finishing it, it will teleport you to whichever faction you want to defect to.

the only issue with that, however is the fact that so many people would betray and that would kind of diminish the racial factions they have in place.

honestly, their mistake was making the factions bound by race instead of letting the player choose from the very start and its permanent due to building the games lore around it.

this is really my only gripe with the game so far, judging from the info out there so far.

• papabear151papabear151 Member UncommonPosts: 110

What improvements to the direction the game is taking? Removing the makers of DaoC and replacing them with somenoe, anyone else, dropping the vast limitations they brought to the game and actually making a TES game online for TES fans, not DaoC fans. And yes I also mean DaoC fans that also like TES....

Make a TES game based on TES, not another weaker IP that few people actually care about.

The game is based entirely on TES, not the DAoC IP, although I'm sure you meant just the game mechanics.

Here's the funny thing, though. It actually sounds far more like TES than DAoC, even if all you're doing is comparing mechanics. The only thing it copies from DAoC is faction lock and RvR. The rest, from character advancement, skill progression, combat, exploration, etc. is entirely stuff that you'd more than likely find in a TES game.

At this point, I think dissenters are at the point where they're intentionally ignoring the evidence proving the game is more the way they want it than not, for the sake of being able to argue with someone on the internet.

Incorrect on ALMOST everything you posted. If it was based entirely on TES, they wouldnt have had to CHANGE THE LORE to fit the DaoC game design...thats how UN-TES it is, they even had to change the LORE.

1. Character advancement is still unclear, they never bothered to ask if there was a limit to skill points, and the trees are still set up for CLASSES with branching trees that allow customization.

2. Exploration? No, sorry. Not TES. Starting areas for low levels that funnel you to the next area with higher level mobs all leading to the same place, a magical wall that allows you to actually go to war with others. Not even remotely close to TES.

The entire core game is DaoC. If you remove the TES skins and names, you wouldnt say "hey this game is a TES ripoff" you would say "this game is just another DaoC".

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

The great thing is that the idiocy of consumers and their pushing the markets into bad directions used to drive me nuts. Now I rarely if ever invest in games, and usually only look at mmos due to the play time vs cost ratio. Otherwise i've started investing the money that I would've spent on this crap into selling people crap like this.

I used to look at people like this and see the rampant consumerism and one of the leading issues to the downfall of America. Then I realized that American's suck and started seeing people like this as "$$$". Now they can wreck their economy and pay my ticket out of here.

Anyone smart enough to see how much games like this are literally the screw-gig game industry taking advantage of people should probably start putting that information to better use.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by rygard49 Originally posted by JasonJ What improvements to the direction the game is taking? Removing the makers of DaoC and replacing them with somenoe, anyone else, dropping the vast limitations they brought to the game and actually making a TES game online for TES fans, not DaoC fans. And yes I also mean DaoC fans that also like TES.... Make a TES game based on TES, not another weaker IP that few people actually care about.
    The game is based entirely on TES, not the DAoC IP, although I'm sure you meant just the game mechanics. Here's the funny thing, though. It actually sounds far more like TES than DAoC, even if all you're doing is comparing mechanics. The only thing it copies from DAoC is faction lock and RvR. The rest, from character advancement, skill progression, combat, exploration, etc. is entirely stuff that you'd more than likely find in a TES game. At this point, I think dissenters are at the point where they're intentionally ignoring the evidence proving the game is more the way they want it than not, for the sake of being able to argue with someone on the internet.

you are trolling bro, its quite obvious.

who told you that you are "funneled" to the next area? because the devs have said on multiple occasions that is not the case and so have the people that actually played the game at pax.

also, no the core of the game is not Daoc LMAO!!

like the above poster attempted to point out to you, the only things they took from Daoc was the factions and faction pvp (RvR)

that is it.

what are you trying to accomplish with this garbage?

if these are legit concerns of yours and you are not just trolling, i think you are getting worked up over nothing.

• AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by baphamet

Actually it is pretty easy. I could think of a few ways employing the very same mechanics and features they have right now, just tailor them a lot more to the open world setting of TES, that -for me- is about choice. We will see how this game turns out in the end and if they have done themselves a favor with their design choices :)

its not as easy as you seem to think.then what do you do with the lore? the race factions would be meaningless, what would be the point of the war in cyrodiil? the lore of the game is centered around these racial actions.

the only fix to this that i can see is to allow people to betray their race in a quest you can get right away.

upon finishing it, it will teleport you to whichever faction you want to defect to.

the only issue with that, however is the fact that so many people would betray and that would kind of diminish the racial factions they have in place.

honestly, their mistake was making the factions bound by race instead of letting the player choose from the very start and its permanent due to building the games lore around it.

this is really my only gripe with the game so far, judging from the info out there so far.

Yes, race factions would be meaningless. That's why they should change it into political factions, or factions based on a specific agenda. In the identity crysis thread I gave an example how a lore background for that would look like AND ties in with their whole setting of Molag Bal threatening all of Tamriel.

I think the lore of their game centers around Molag Bal and the Imperials supporting him. The 3 Factions want to stop the threat of Molag Bal, and at the same time claim authority over all the other factions. Why this has ot be a racial thing I don't know, because they could just as easily make this a player choice based on peference of a particular agenda.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

Yes, race factions would be meaningless. That's why they should change it into political factions, or factions based on a specific agenda. In the identity crysis thread I gave an example how a lore background for that would look like AND ties in with their whole setting of Molag Bal threatening all of Tamriel.

I think the lore of their game centers around Molag Bal and the Imperials supporting him. The 3 Factions want to stop the threat of Molag Bal, and at the same time claim authority over all the other factions. Why this has ot be a racial thing I don't know, because they could just as easily make this a player choice based on peference of a particular agenda.

This ^

The setting feels lifeless to me without the player's ability to choose their own faction.  Since they've opened up exploration for level 50s, I will play the game but part of me will always want unlocked factions.

• LordYellaLordYella Member CommonPosts: 5

I didn't read all the posts due to the constant bashing of other posters, and I don't know if this has ever been discussed. 

One of my favorite things about the ES series has always been the player made mods.  Don't get me wrong, I like the armor and weapons that the developers make, but i've always found player made armor/weapons to be more attractive.  I would like for there to be a mod tool that would allow players to create armor/weapons and then have them submitted to the developers for review.  This way we as players can add our own flair to the game, even if the final say so is done at the developers level.  Lets say that the developers do like a piece thats been submitted, they could add the item in game for the whole community.

The creater could be rewarded by the developers either through some special perk or title or whatever they deemed appropriate.

Just a thought.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I would remove the ability to join more then one guild. Its a mess in GW2 and one thing I really hate in this game. Unless ESO can come up with a better way to do it then GW2 did.

Agreed, one of the few things I've heard that I really do not like.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by baphamet

you are trolling bro, its quite obvious.

who told you that you are "funneled" to the next area? because the devs have said on multiple occasions that is not the case and so have the people that actually played the game at pax.

also, no the core of the game is not Daoc LMAO!!

like the above poster attempted to point out to you, the only things they took from Daoc was the factions and faction pvp (RvR)

that is it.

what are you trying to accomplish with this garbage?

if these are legit concerns of yours and you are not just trolling, i think you are getting worked up over nothing.

Was about to write a long refute but noticed everything after the typical "youre a troll" was nothing more than made up BS. Not even going to bother linking the very PAX article on this very site that points out that the game still isnt feeling more like TES with the 1st person being added.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Was about to write a long refute but noticed everything after the typical "youre a troll" was nothing more than made up BS. Not even going to bother linking the very PAX article on this very site that points out that the game still isnt feeling more like TES with the 1st person being added.

What was made up there? All he said was the only thing DAOC about this title is that it has the three faction PVP setup, which is pretty much true.

Should we also link the whole article on this very site, stating that a lot of the TES feeling people expect is captured in this title? Most articles I've seen from PAX on the net have stated as much.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by alakyen
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

So there is enough information to criticize the game call it wow/DAoC copy, say it sucks, mmo generic and people saying not going to play it but not to say how would you improve some the aspects they have comment or there are in the game, now we are in time before the release...??

I am starting to guess to be of the only ones that sustain his thought and oppinions in what he have read from hand of the developers and videos and not just judging to nowhere by some trolls comentarys, that is what is hilarious, i cant say i dont like to have infinite arrows, but is not hilarious to say this game is a themepark, under the same argument... 

This is why people and world is how is, argument are just false excuses to make rule your opinion....

No there is not enough information to criticize the game either. But you can not stop people from posting their rants regardless. But that also doesn't mean we have to take it seriously. Any legitimate crticism or suggestion of improvements can only be made once atleast players have beta tested the game extensively.

So if people and dev say there is unlimited ammo and i dont like i cant complain? or i dont want a world/zone chat now that is still in development, but of course i have read every feedback watch every interview, to know how the game is going and what things are in development and which already with a clear idea, all people agree to complain about a game but no how to change those things you could not like, as i say really awfull but i should have imagined, for criticize there are allways time not to create.

None of your suggestions were even on same page as say fix 'unilimted MMO'. I know it was just an example but still.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Thebrave246Thebrave246 Member Posts: 174
    Just put in some big end-game raids and I'm set!
  • Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    from what i have seen 5 min or so vid it looks awesome yeah im actually getting excited about this one im sure there will be things in the game i dont like but im sure others will love your never going to please everyone so give them a chance before you start knocking it
  • OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by Miblet

Have not played it and given the media blackout (which has been pretty successful thus far) have seen little beyond the marketing hype, which is advertising.  Until it comes out nobody should be able to offer anything as nobody knows what will clash with existing systems or is already in game.

I could offer them one big tip though.

Don't listen to forums like this, make TESO and be judged by that.

Wise words. I would also like to say if ZSO are reading. Do not try to copy/clone those that have gone before you. It will end in failure.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    First person mode only. Hate to say it but I would just take any Elder Scrolls game made and just make multiplayer work correctly on it because there is nothing wrong with the way the Elder Scrolls fanchise plays now. We don't need a theme park mmo with the Elder Scrolls name on it. We just need a good multiplayer to work with the current games. That is how I would do it.

And what would you say to the thousands of players unable to complete a quest because some asshat decides to kill all the NPC's?  Or what about all those players unable to sell or buy items from NPC vendors because they've been killed or ran out of money/goods to conduct business with you?

You see MMO's by their very nature must have limitations placed on them to support thousands of players living in the same world.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Thebrave246
    Just put in some big end-game raids and I'm set!

And make another failed WoW clone.  No thanks!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    To the OP:  Simple.  Fire ZeniMax and put Todd Howard in charge and let him build his team, his engine, and his game.  Anything else and you have Elder Scrolls in name only.
  • PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103

There are many criticism about the game, also many ignorance, for that reason I think would be interesting to make an organized feedback regarding all what we have read of the game, listing those things we would change or emphasize, now is under development. I plan to make a list of your ideas and make a survey with them and send it to zenimax

Just brief and not abstract points, there's mine:

-be able to talk and trade in over 50 zones with other players of opponents faction but not to attack them, to add race and trade variety to the game, maybe making posible the existence of wanderer merchants/peddlar

-option of not glowing effects or quest givers tracker

-solid combat/blowing effects/sounds

-enemies loot delivering their armor and weapons even they are bad quality

-if not raids a way to progress in pve in groups of a size at least addapted to medium guild number of active players while discovering exclusive story &/gear &/ cosmetics &/ achievements, that take enough time and effort to maintain player till new content addition

-importance of many dungeons and quest to discover by exploration in the game with chances to get great items or recipes or skills etc...

-importance of a thievery system and realistic npc routines

-a communication system that dont make of tamriel a forum discussion, allowing inmersion and physical ways to trade, and comunicate with close characters

-enough dificulty for pve combat.

-not infinite ammo and arrow crafting

Excellent question!!!  "How would you improve the direction the game is taking?"  AWESOME!!  This is what every MMO developer should be asking the community.

My answers:

1. Add as many options as possible to the game.  In other words, everything such as combat targeting methods like a tab (or any key) targeting system as well as a targeting circle for those that enjoy playing that way.  It should not be one way or the other, allow the system to support as many game play styles as possible.  It can be done!  By having only a soft targeting option with a target circle, only the players that enjoy that way of combat will end playing the game.  By supporting different options and game play styles, the game opens up to more players that enjoy different ways of playing an MMO.

2. Allow players of opposite factions to attack main towns with objectives such as a king or other main target in the city.  Players can elect to participate in defense of their own faction cities boss but they don't have to.  This adds a lot to competitive game play.

3. Support a follow system, macros and addons for further customization by the player.  This goes with the "as many options" category but above all, please don't just add a slighly different way of doing combat and state "our game is different because our combat style is different".  Just make that an option, don't force players into a specific way of playing or the game will lose many players when they find out they are locked into the game developers way of doing combat.

• allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by Ilaya

WTF?

You have not even touched it. You have not seen it in real. You have not seen the Final Version of "whatsoever" and you are already asking for "How to improve the Game"

Are you kidding mate? Or did you had some bottles of Beer to much?

Man......

I think Devs and / or Publishers should not show anything anymore until one month before having the Game ready.

This only gets worse from Game to Game.......and im soooo sick of it tbh.

I feel that one of the main purposes of these forums is to give us gamers a place to voice our opinions.  I see nothing wrong with the OP's thread.  Of course nobody has played the final release version but that does not mean that we cannot discuss what we like or dislike about what we HAVE seen.  If the thread does not interest you, then please move to another, there is no need to bash the poster for asking a legitimate question.  So what if we like to pick apart the good and bad of a game prior to release?  That is what this whole site is for.

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

this thread is yet another example of why mmos are  so crappy nowdays.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    By emailing myself a beta invite every weekend the beta is playable.
  • pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111

Hope for pve like this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApAhG_T0WGs

• SentnlSentnl Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by pokrak

Hope for pve like this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApAhG_T0WGs

That pve looks effing awful, cheap gimmicks.

You should leave the room before I put you over my knee, unless you were kidding.

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Free to play open world, open dungeons and pvp sandbox style(darktide FFA would be best) as solo games specially morrowind other wise i won't touch ESO and stay away as far as i can.

Worse decision they made is going themepark and sperate factions and pvp.