Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Herbalist vs Poison Maker

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
giving this game another go.. i narrowed down my crafting choice to these two..  anyone that has been playing for a decent amount of time have any input which they would suggest and overall which they would consider is more needed?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    giving this game another go.. i narrowed down my crafting choice to these two..  anyone that has been playing for a decent amount of time have any input which they would suggest and overall which they would consider is more needed?

Herbalist move a lot of pills, more than poison makers move poisons. Pills and poisons both sell dirt cheap though. Less than 1 L ea. on average. Either one, do it because you like it, not to get rich.

At this point in the game you see more people using pills than poison. I happen to use poisons more for my style of pvp. 

If you do go poison maker. Send me some scorpion powder please!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by bcbully

Herbalist move a lot of pills, more than poison makers move poisons. Pills and poisons both sell dirt cheap though. Less than 1 L ea. on average. Either one, do it because you like it, not to get rich.

At this point in the game you see more people using pills than poison. I happen to use poisons more for my style of pvp. 

any suggestion for another crafting prof aside from these two? whats your ingame name

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

any syggestion for another crafting prof aside from these two? whats your ingame name

Tailors seem to be making good money, blacksmiths and craftsmen too for the higher end stuff. It's a hard call though, real hard. The thing is blacksmiths, craftsmen and tailors put a lot of liang into what they make, and often lose money. 

Gatering professions like hunting, mining seem to do ok too. It's all profit, but it's all work too. 

My best advice is to go with what fits you i guess. I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me I was dead wrong with what I said about poison making and herbalism. There are many ways to make a buck off all professions. 

Don't need anymore people swaring blood oaths against me. I'll pm ingame name :p

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

any syggestion for another crafting prof aside from these two? whats your ingame name

Tailors seem to be making good money, blacksmiths and craftsmen too for the higher end stuff. It's a hard call though, real hard. The thing is blacksmiths, craftsmen and tailors put a lot of liang into what they make, and often lose money. 

Gatering professions like hunting, mining seem to do ok too. It's all profit, but it's all work too. 

My best advice is to go with what fits you i guess. I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me I was dead wrong with what I said about poison making and herbalism. There are many ways to make a buck off all professions. 

Don't need anymore people swaring blood oaths against me. I'll pm ingame name :p

You just posted a video of yourself playing without editing your name Dear Hemlock member of shinobi.

Originally posted by austriacus

You just posted a video of yourself playing without editing your name Dear Hemlock member of shinobi.

lol yea wasn't going to say anything :P

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

You start messing with bcbully, you start messing with me.  :P

Anyway, I'd say Herbalist and Poison Maker are equals.  Poison Maker has the edge on equipment upgrades as they are the secondary upgrader to tailor crafts.  Herbalism is upgrading on jewelry only.  Poisons will become more popular as the game progresses.  There are simply not enough pure internal players like me to damage that market.  People WILL want piosons on their weapons, they are simply too powerful.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by austriacus

Banzaiiiii!

Originally posted by Alamareth

You start messing with bcbully, you start messing with me.  :P

Anyway, I'd say Herbalist and Poison Maker are equals.  Poison Maker has the edge on equipment upgrades as they are the secondary upgrader to tailor crafts.  Herbalism is upgrading on jewelry only.  Poisons will become more popular as the game progresses.  There are simply not enough pure internal players like me to damage that market.  People WILL want piosons on their weapons, they are simply too powerful.

i decided to go poison maker.. now trying to decide between caligraphy and painting:P