Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: The PAX East 2013 Awards

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Also what about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn?

I haven't seen any sites mention it, so I figure it wasn't there.

I didn't see any of it yet, but it did say on the PAX schedule that there was a Final Fantasy booth or whatever at some point, and that it featured FFXIV:ARR. But whether the game was playable there or not is another question.

• OMGweDEADOMGweDEAD Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg

I didn't see any of it yet, but it did say on the PAX schedule that there was a Final Fantasy booth or whatever at some point, and that it featured FFXIV:ARR. But whether the game was playable there or not is another question.

FFXIV:ARR was at PAX east, I don't believe they had a booth, or if they did i must have missed it. They did have a 1 hour panel where they talked about the game and gave everyone beta keys which is supposed to start in a week's time. I'm new to final fantasy so i can't say much about it other than that it seemed like a fun game and the fans attending were exicited. I will give it a try once the beta comes out. 

• akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Originally posted by Abefroman
    [mod edit]

uh and out of the competition listed, you would have picked .....?

Wildstar ofc.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

What about Black Desert Online? It looks better then any of those games listed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2DCNJx_0aQ

Was BDO @ pax? 

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Still curious to see what SoE pull out with Everquest Next for there fanfaire in August. Will have to wait and see though :P
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by akkedis86
    [mod edit]

Wildstar ofc.

My only issue with wildstar is...do they really have everything they say they do in the game at launch. from what I'm hearing ( and this isn't anyone in beta so just runor ) they wont.

If they pull that the game will go from awesome looking to total fail in my eyes.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by OMGweDEAD
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg

FFXIV:ARR was at PAX east, I don't believe they had a booth, or if they did i must have missed it. They did have a 1 hour panel where they talked about the game and gave everyone beta keys which is supposed to start in a week's time. I'm new to final fantasy so i can't say much about it other than that it seemed like a fun game and the fans attending were exicited. I will give it a try once the beta comes out. 

Sounds about right. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I disagree, and therefore this article must have been paid for...is what I am hearing a lot.

• OMGweDEADOMGweDEAD Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by akkedis86
    [mod edit]

Wildstar ofc.

My only issue with wildstar is...do they really have everything they say they do in the game at launch. from what I'm hearing ( and this isn't anyone in beta so just runor ) they wont.

If they pull that the game will go from awesome looking to total fail in my eyes.

that would be upsetting, if they don't deliver everything they promised. In their panel someone asked them why their game would succeed where other failed, their response to that was that a lot of games fail because they come out unfunished, and that their goal was to not do that. I'm looking foraward to wildstar, their comedy fits me, and the game looks awesome.

• VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79

This is an asian game. I haven't researched about it, but I don't think it even will come in english.

• kronos368kronos368 Member Posts: 1
    I believe you're thinking about The War Z screwing their fan(boys) over. DayZ hasn't done anything to screw theirs.
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Pretty amusing when the most innovative game has a picture that could easily be mistaken for a wow screenshot complete with exclamation mark over head quest giver. Innovation indeed.
  • quickthornquickthorn Member Posts: 1
    Neverwinter was considered best in show last year, and most anticipated now?  That makes me quite worried for this year's best, TESO.  I've been playing the Neverwinter betas.  DnD choices at present are extremely limited.  It's not an awful game, but it's very linear for a mmo, grouping is badly managed (not preserving instances upon area transition) the score is meh, outdoor graphics are nothing special and there are too many of the tired old 'kill x mobs/fetch x items' quests.  It's passable for a f2p, but then there are a lot of very poor f2p games around.
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by grimfall

The Repopulation was at Pax...

Wildstar does have a lot of innovation... showing a picture of "Hey, let's redo the World of Warcraft Barrens Zone" probably wasn't the best idea of showing the game's innovation.

The Repopulation was, but when I went to the booth on Saturday, I could barely get the Dev to even show me the character creator nevermind anything else.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

That my friend, is the 100 million dollar question.

Also:

what about World of Darkness?

what about ArcheAge?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839
    Neverwinter for the win
  • 1dragonspell1dragonspell Member UncommonPosts: 5

BEST OF SHOW Yessss way to go E

SO ;-)

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Might as well call Neverwinter 'Most annoyingly anticipated'. 2009 - it was announced and then remade ... come on realease date! Don't elude us so much!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by quickthorn
    ....  DnD choices at present are extremely limited.  It's not an awful game, but it's very linear for a mmo, .

You did not play my foundry quest "Maiden in the Moon"? It was completely non-linear, lot of choices and youchose what you play.

The reason official quests are linear because MMO players want linear games. But with foundry you can make extremely nonlinear quests like a snap.

Regarding graphics, cryptic games are very bad in detecting optimal settings. Graphics are decent otherwise, you have to check under your hood.

The skin tone color used for characters are a bit bright like cartoons though.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Most innovative? hmm

Wildstar seems to take on classic MMORPG features

while ESO does 4 player groups, no raids, build your class however you like, 3 sided Realm vs realm, one giant server, and finally makes a good AI. This time the NPCs will really work together. Not just the scripted ones.

What innovations did wildstar do?

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Wildstar has innovations in Housing, warplots, combat and the path system to name a few.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by Arcona

Most innovative? hmm

while ESO does 4 player groups, no raids, build your class however you like, 3 sided Realm vs realm, one giant server, and finally makes a good AI. This time the NPCs will really work together. Not just the scripted ones.

Wait, so if a game does 3 player groups that makes it innovative? No. No raids? not the first MMO without them. Build your class however you want? Nope, TSW and even Asherons Call did that 15 years ago. 3 sided RvR, old and outdated. Giant server except when you count those instances, erm, I mean campaigns which actually places people on different servers... Good AI? Really? have you SEEN IT YET? No...and THAT is why its not the most innovative, because it isnt.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

The only reason why Neverwinter is the most anticipated is because, like BW with SWTOR, they are relying on a renowned IP to carry out their sales.  I've done all the betas and Neverwitner I forsee many catering to because its D&D, FR, and its the new shiney but many will leave quickly.  I was actually yawning in their beta.  Neverwinter will have a niche crowd like STO but certainly not an all this or that game.  I like all my guildmates that tries Neverwitner will be sticking to DDO with Neverwinter as a distraction now n then.  When Wildstar or ESO hits the scene expect the exudos.

Most anticipated any yet its ranked pretty low on the hype meter here...

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Most innovative? hmm

Most, if not all, of the things you listed from ESO aren't innovations.  I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Most innovative? hmm

Most, if not all, of the things you listed from ESO aren't innovations.  I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

okay, if one mmorpg did them 15 years ago, its not innovative, even though the 5000 mmorpgs that came after did not do them?