Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you getting Defiance?

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by DalekThay
    Nope, for several reasons. First, I really can't afford it (I blame Kickstarter). Second, I really don't like the game for a lot of reasons (but I'd try it again on a demo weekend or limited trial basis to give the release version a fair shake). Third, my Ultimate Songbird Edition of Bioshock Infinite arrives Monday, and if the reviews by both professionals and my gaming peers are anything to go by, that's going to keep me busy for quite some time to come.

I think you should keep up support for old school gaming and avoid this modern MMO it will only taint your support and cause.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Game is not for me, so no. But I do wish Trion the best with it, and kudos to everyone who will be onboard and excited for it's launch!
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

I'm in.

I find it interesting that many of the comments from folks who do not want to get involved feel the game is "lacking" something, and it feels like they came into the beta with a notion of what Defiance "should be", and when it does not match that level of expectation, they are let down.

I had no pre-conceived notion of what Defiance would be, I may have heard of it awhile ago, but I paid no attention to it. I saw the key's, figured why not, and tried it. I could go on and on about what it does not have, how in some cases it feels like it plays like a Hellgate: London game almost. How I dont feel that it is a deep MMO, or even an MMORPG at all.

When I started on Friday, I almost did not care for it, on Saturday I was on the fence, and on Sunday night I did not want to stop playing. I dont think it's the best game I've every played, I dont know how long it will hold my interest, but if I take it for what it is, I thought it was fun, and it's something I can play with a few friends casually, and if we take time off, so be it, we can pick it up in a few weeks or months down the road.

If I came into the game expecting a shooter like BF3, or an MMO as deep as say a SWG, UO, or DAoC back in the day, I'd be hugely disappointed, but I dont see Defiance trying to be that. I think it's probably a niche game, and it oughta appeal pretty well to folks who want what it offers.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

yes , it has to be main  casual shooter MMO,for what I am looking long time

Finaly I am get it!

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I voted NO but its actually a maybe.

I quit preordering games long ago. I will wait until release and see what the reaction is. I have gotten mixed signals on this one so I will wait a month or so and revisit it. If the bugs are worked out and all is well then I will probably pick it up.

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555

When it drops to $10-$20 and they fix most of the glaring issues, maybe. The game is just not worth it on computer. So many more games give similar to better experiences.

• MystaisMystais Member Posts: 72

I thoroughly enjoyed the beta and did preorder.  It's nice having a pve-centric shooter mmo around again where folks actually spend more time working together than trying to take each other's heads off.  Off course pvp is included but consensual.

I'm also glad this is on the consoles.  Hopefully between this and DUST 514, mmorpg developement will increase on the consoles as well which grows the mmorpg market as a whole.  

Considering the likely horsepower of the next gen consoles, hardware limitations would not be as much of a  hurdle for console mmorpg development as it is today.

Tabletop RPG gaming since Chainmail and D&D was a blue book with some cheap plastic dice and a crayon. MMORPGing since MOOS/MUDS, when forums were just bulletin boards and players actually roleplayed their characters.

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I pre-ordered.  Its got a high fun factor.
  • sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132
    i wish the best for trion but i am skipping this one
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

The game is fun and there isn't another PvE centric MMOTPS with the quality and setting that Defiance has. It does lack polish and the UI among other things needs a lot of work, but in the end I can see myself enjoying this enough to warrant the $60 price tag but I gambled a bit and got the DD edition for $100 (Actually less thanks to Green Man Gaming, DDE for about $75  :P). 

So... Yes. 

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by DMKano

Not surprising as this post can be summarized as folks who like to play third person shooters and those who don't.

As a TPS Defiance is top notch, as an RPG its not.

50% folks like shooters, the other half prefer RPGs.

Its nowhere near that cut and dried. I really have to question your fanatical devotion to defending the game.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

Not surprising as this post can be summarized as folks who like to play third person shooters and those who don't.

Ya, Defiance reminds me of Mass Effect TPS without those RPG elements. Its a fun game I'm just questioning it. I like all types of games I just dont know right now.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

I wouldn't say that personally. Defiance has a great deal of issues they need to work out for many. Some find the issues to be deal breakers. I personally like the game despite the myriad of problems, but I understand why a lot of TPS fans are passing on Defiance. It's not polished yet and there are some bad design choices in things like the UI and etc. 

• imdaevilpoptartimdaevilpoptart Member Posts: 7
    Ive pre-ordered mine i could careless abou tthe tv show i think the game is way cool something outta the ordinary for a change just hope they keep up with all the dlc that they have promised, since i paid for the dlc as well i have been in the alpha for a while now and i really like what they have come to from what they started with. Whats more fun than shooting zombies.
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

I wouldn't say that personally. Defiance has a great deal of issues they need to work out for many. Some find the issues to be deal breakers. I personally like the game despite the myriad of problems, but I understand why a lot of TPS fans are passing on Defiance. It's not polished yet and there are some bad design choices in things like the UI and etc. 

I do hate the UI, and yes I did oversimplify the breakdown. I just don't see why somebody would waste money on Defiance if they don't like shooter games. I understand that there are other factors, the game is far from perfect.

Polish may or may not happen, who knows?

The reason a lot of Non shooter fans are interested in Defiance is because it's an approachable shooter developed by Trion and tied into a TV show. 

What I mean by approachable is... 

Aim Assist that can be toggled on and off. 

PvE centric game with "Questing" and "Dynamic Events"

It also isn't as non RPG as many think. At first glance the game seems shallow with little in the way of progression, but as you delve deeper into the game you find many of the same things you'd find in an RPG. Defiance has the story elements to be considered an RPG and it also has the character development to be considered an RPG. The classes can even be reproduced in Defiance. You can be a tank, healer, DD, or support. You can be any combination of the 4 at any point in time as well. Again, character development does look shallow on the surface but, once you start gaining "levels" you get to put points into the ego system. Different perks can increase damage while behind a foe, others can increase damage or critical hit rate while crouching. Some increase defense while others increase speed and so on. Then mods and weapons come into play. 

In the end, Defiance is just as much RPG as it is shooter. It has potential to appeal to many shooter fans and non shooter fans. 

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Already purchased. I had a lot of fun in the Beta, it's a good game.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Baikal

I'm in.

I find it interesting that many of the comments from folks who do not want to get involved feel the game is "lacking" something, and it feels like they came into the beta with a notion of what Defiance "should be", and when it does not match that level of expectation, they are let down.

I find it interesting that if you replace Defiance with just about any MMORPG title, you have these forums. lol

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    This time, i just gonna wait.
  • poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    Yes
  • dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Got defiance from g2play.net for $37.12, the code is 100% legit as there is no region locking and i am preloaded and ready to go..

Its a fast and furious scifi shooter game so i find defiance to be a nice "no sub" companion to GW2 which is still my main mmo..

Playing GW2..

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    I've been in the betas and alpha and pre-ordered it some weeks ago. It's a fun game that will keep me occupied for a few weeks play at the very least. That's well worth the money from my perspective. I ordered the retail box from Amazon, which is much cheaper than the digital download for some reason.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

I'm going to pass on this one for now.There's just so many game's to play right now that I can't come close to keeping up.The price tag is also a factor,if it were $20-$30 then maybe.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I bought already.

I expect this game will make its money off of console sales. I hope all those console players don't mind subsidising the PC side of the game image

• ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87

$40.96 from g2play.net and no tax, woot can't beat that.

http://www.g2play.net/store/Defiance-Digital-Download.html

So those waiting for price drop... there ya go!

Applied my keybode and now says I have Defiance Pre Order

EDIT#2: They are giving access to people in waves for preload, so no worries.

EDIT#1: just tried to login to client and it gives error, here is more info about it. Contacting support now

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?10904-Wanna-buy-Defiance-Is-G2Play-legit&p=133223#post133223

Support ticket response says it should be cleared up in the next couple days

• SubAtomicAshSubAtomicAsh Member Posts: 3
    Yes!