Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What mmo's are you playing and why??

2»

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Chivery: medevil warfare. How did i ever miss this game? so much fun.
    not an mmo but best 10 welsh pounds i have ever spent.
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

at this time i am playing GW2 as the only mmorpg.

Altough i login alot more to POE, the skills and challenge this game brings me is just freakin awesome imho.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    right now im only playing Defiance alpha.

So, how is Defiance? is the questing ok? or is it just as i think....a massive shooter online with public quests?

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

Didn't get hooked by anything since Aion's very first months.

But right now I'm having a blast with Age of Wushu :

1/ old school feelings : non instanced open world (only instances are actually instanced), miriads of NPCs and secret quests.

2/ Open PvP dramas all day ! Pure drama really since dying is meaningless in the game. So even if you are being PKed a lot, witch will hardly happen due to the infamy system : it's no problem if you have no anger-management issues.

3/ awesome gameplay : not a "generic asian crap" like haters says but something mixing old school tab-target with arcade/Action gameplay. Really short GCD, parry, feint, dash... keyboard/pad skills DOES matter. Skilled players will shine in duels. Lamers too :o 

4/ tons of fun PvP events (live pop ups or in-game opportunitys and scheduled events)... for single players, groups or ZERGS.

sure the game is far from being perfect and balanced, but if you take it on the bright side : it's awesomely refreshing.

WARNING !

The PvE is pretty crappy until the higher tier stuff. Only there it starts to be a little challenging and fun. But PvE, as it is now, is definitly not the point of AoW.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

None.

When I want action, I play DOTA2 or TF2.

When I want to challenge my brain, I play MTGO.

When I want to relax, I play Skyrim.

If I'd have to play an MMO these days, it would probably be Fallen Earth.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Originally posted by maji

If I'd have to play an MMO these days, it would probably be Fallen Earth.

FE is actually something to check out since it's pretty funny to be a noob and make your way to the end of the road in this game.

But I hardly see any reason to play FE on a long run but of course RPing.... not even sure if the game is still really active.

Well, I must admit I didn't check the game since some times after Bloodsports' release.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by oubers

So, how is Defiance? is the questing ok? or is it just as i think....a massive shooter online with public quests?

The questing is less public, more phased. Sometimes others doing the same thing at the same time can join you, but you can be with someone in your party and they'll disappear in an area if they're out of phase. A bit disconcerting. It is, mostly, a massive shooter online, but the persistent world gives it a nice MMO feel. And to be honest... it's a lot of fun. It really is. It'll be my second game to go with Guild Wars 2.

Main MMO is and will continue to be GW2. I could go into details, but long story short it's a great game that tosses out a lot of stale and stagnant MMO concepts and replaces them with an active combat and a world that feels like it's living and breathing. Best MMO on the market, period, in my opinion.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    STO, because I find it fun.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

is defiance still considered in Alpha? doesnt it release in likw 2 weeks?  I really didnt like the UI in the weekends i played especially the chat window..its practicly useless.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    In a lull at the moment. Playing EVE and (of all things!) SWTOR. Don't think that I will be playing either for much longer. After that I don't know.
  • JjixJjix Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Vindicar

Vind, do you know the difference between Age of Wushu and Age of Wulin?

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Among MMOs, just GW2. I have largely run out of stuff to do in the game and I don't pvp, but I still find it to be one of the best games. I love the combat on my thief, I like GW lore and the world is pretty.

Mostly playing Skyrim and Fallout 3 with lots of mods, trying to finish Witcher 2 and recently started a new game of Neverwinter Nights 2.

I'm waiting for Neverwinter and TESO but I know both of them will be 1-2 months of fun and then I'll be done with them both. They just don't make MMOs like they used to :(

• JjixJjix Member UncommonPosts: 142
    I tried Neverwinter beta twice. Both times I literally fell asleep, not figuratively, literally. I have narcolepsy, though, so it happens . . . but very rarely while being entertained. I did manage to report a bug before I gave up though . . .
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Active playing ,The Secret World ,something is deep there.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Aion, because it's as fun, full featured and populated as any other standard theme park game and F2P to boot.

Just holding me over until something new comes along that appeals more to my particular tastes.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RonlyJonlyRonlyJonly Member Posts: 2

I wish I were playing an MMO right now. Or rather, I wish there were an MMO worth playing right now.

I'm trying so hard to still enjoy this genre but the last few years have been hard. I don't want to accept the fact that I've eithe grown and changed as a person or that the games have grown and changed as a genre.

I've tried just about every pay to play MMO and a very large chunk of free to play ones, and I see no hope in sight.

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Jjix

One is for NA one is for EU.

Originally posted by Hefaistos
    Originally posted by Jjix

One is for NA one is for EU.

yep... but also : AoWushu release =10th of april and is allready playable.

AoWulin seems to be vaporware. CB been delayed over and over for 2 years now.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I'm still having a blast in Everquest, started at launch and always seem to gravitate back to it.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

None at this moment.

Im subbed to Anarchy Online but i barely login.

Firefall, War thunder, Tera, TSW .. maan i have more but .. no fun anyhow.

Sometimes Im Nico Belic, no MMO but ... well, entertaining at least.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    I'm currently playing LoTRO. I still my UO account active and log in once or twice a week but I havent really played it in a few months.