Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Dear ZOS, Please Don't Let Paul Sage Wreck This Game...

1356

Comments

  • BetakodoBetakodo Poor land, FLPosts: 338Member
    I may not be a master of lore for Elder scrolls games, but aren't the factions in ESO set up so the 3 most popular races are separated for population's sake?
  • AnakamiAnakami BielefeldPosts: 103Member

    What I got from the video is that the devs are still tweaking the PvE experience until release, and that can very well mean that they are going to open up communication and PvE questing, maybe as early as lvl 1. And it would indeed be a very smart move, because right now they don't really play to the strength of the IP they have.

    Assuming they want to target the huge Elder Scrolls fan base, and also assuming they did not lie when they said that they wanted this to be a very social experience, they really need to set up the PvE part differently than the PvP part.

    Right now friends can't play together unless they happen to all like the same 3 races within one faction.

    Guilds can only ever consist of 3 races.

    You cannot talk to members of the other factions because suddenly there is a magical language barrier.

    For some fun, social PvE play those restrictions are really in the way of enjoying Elder Scrolls with a bunch of friends or just for socializing with other people.

    Luckily, they have separated their PvE and PvP already, so there won't change much. PvP is still only happening in Cyrodill and PvE will be everywhere else, just that now everyone can play without restrictions and experience a game that feels more like Elder Scrolls.

    I am pretty sure the last word isn't spoken yet in regards to how they handle PvE, so there is hope that they will bring in some changes until release.

    For me it will be the difference between giving this game a pass until the next SP game versus pre-ordering and staying subscribed for quite some time. Same goes for my friends who are all fans of Elder Scrolls. They have already given up hope but maybe we'll get lucky and Elder Scrolls Online becomes reality. We will see :)

  • wordizwordiz Eugene, ORPosts: 464Member

    -Signed

    I like the idea of being able to do it at 50, or possibly be given the choice to change factions later, but not at level 1. It would make no sense to the story. 

  • QallidexzQallidexz Austin, TXPosts: 253Member
    Originally posted by Sentnl

    Cryodiil doesn't sound anything like gw2's wvw zone, it sounds much larger... and by the look of the map, I would say if it fits the same ratio, its pretty damn big.

    It makes up 1/3rd of the game world, according to ZOS.

  • PhryPhry HampshirePosts: 6,288Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Anakami

    What I got from the video is that the devs are still tweaking the PvE experience until release, and that can very well mean that they are going to open up communication and PvE questing, maybe as early as lvl 1. And it would indeed be a very smart move, because right now they don't really play to the strength of the IP they have.

    Assuming they want to target the huge Elder Scrolls fan base, and also assuming they did not lie when they said that they wanted this to be a very social experience, they really need to set up the PvE part differently than the PvP part.

    Right now friends can't play together unless they happen to all like the same 3 races within one faction.

    Guilds can only ever consist of 3 races.

    You cannot talk to members of the other factions because suddenly there is a magical language barrier.

    For some fun, social PvE play those restrictions are really in the way of enjoying Elder Scrolls with a bunch of friends or just for socializing with other people.

    Luckily, they have separated their PvE and PvP already, so there won't change much. PvP is still only happening in Cyrodill and PvE will be everywhere else, just that now everyone can play without restrictions and experience a game that feels more like Elder Scrolls.

    I am pretty sure the last word isn't spoken yet in regards to how they handle PvE, so there is hope that they will bring in some changes until release.

    For me it will be the difference between giving this game a pass until the next SP game versus pre-ordering and staying subscribed for quite some time. Same goes for my friends who are all fans of Elder Scrolls. They have already given up hope but maybe we'll get lucky and Elder Scrolls Online becomes reality. We will see :)

    image image

  • azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,066Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Qallidexz

    There was a TON of confusion recently, based on the recent article where Richie Procopio of Massively said: 

    "Sage assuaged most of my fears, however, when he mentioned that once you hit level 50 and decide to play in another alliance's areas, you'll be able to play with friends in that faction. So at the endgame, things begin to open up and you can group up, chat, and run dungeons with players of other factions. The one area where things remain separate is, of course, the Alliance War in Cyrodiil."

    However, at that same Media Event Maria Alipraondo gave a VERY different story, saying that people will NOT be allowed to talk with, or even see, people from other factions, but that the 50++ other-factions zones, would instead be instanced for Alliance, and Matt Firor seemed to indicate the exact same thing in his interview...

    HOWEVER, today, the same guy, Richie Procopio, said in a video uploaded to youtube, that he caught up with Sage at PAX for some clarification on this, APPARENTLY, according to Sage, he's now  thinking of NOT ONLY allowing players at 50 to group with, and chat with, people of other realms, but ALSO, allow people to do this FROM LEVEL 1! I don't think I have to tell anyone here how that will utterly destory the faction-based PvP (do I?). Sounds like this is something Sage wants personally... 

     

    HE WANTS all 3 factions to be meaningless in a purely PvE focused, hold-hands with the enemies and skip through the meadows picking flowers together type game... HE WANTS to destroy EVERYTHING Brian Wheeler and his team worked so hard on for years, in one fell swoop... PLEASE DO NOT MAKE PVP A COMPLETE JOKE, AND BACKSTAB ALL THE RvR FAN SUPPORT YOU'VE GOTTEN OVER THE PAST YEAR... PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW Paul "The Carebear" Sage TO RUIN THIS GAME. If people can group with, talk with, play with, people from other factions, then at the end of the day, Faction pride won't exist, and PvP will be 100% meaningless, like it is in GW2. Please don't turn on your entire PvP fanbase with one quick decision. You might as well HAND Camelot Unchained  your entire PvP-loving playerbase if you do this...

     

    IMO ESO already tipped their hand to caving to whiners with the introduction of 1st Person View...which is horrendous for an MMO and no one in their right mind will use it, it will devolve to one of those systems that players only use to take screenshots once the novelty of the idea wears off and the realization it makes MMO play horrible.

     

    They also caved to the faction lock, whereas 6 months ago I could see this as a spiritual successor to DAoC now it will be just a horrible RvR game like GW2 is.

     

    Because of the ability for a vocal minority to change development in such a way there is a growing chorus to cater to the raid or die mentality crowd which as we all know if that happens everything else will take a backburner and raiding will be the only reliable gameplay to see any developmental updates.

     

    As it stands now I will play the game but not with any great aspirations of it being the next DAoC due to some of these changes and I will msot likely treat Cryodill as a PvE zone with PvP gankings.  My hype for the game has taken a serious nosedive in the past 2 weeks.

    Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

    Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

    Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

    image

  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,606Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Phry

    So it seems that finally they realise that faction locking the races is going to cause problems, fine if they really want to capture the DAoC playerbase (all 250k of themimage)  but if they want to grab a significant portion of the Elder Scrolls players (millions..image) then maybe they have to make the game enough like Elder Scrolls to entice them in, and if that means opening up the world rather than faction locking the areas, then thats what they will have to do,  Elder Scrolls players will often have a 'racial favourite' type which they play from game to game, if they want to do this in ESO and still be able to play with their friends who might also have a 'personal favourite' then the game is going to have to be able to support it.

     Its fine to leave cyrodil as the PVP area, i don't think anyone is really complaining about that, at least not much, but by allowing the PVE players to just play the game without some crazy restrictions will only make the game more popular. Some of them might even end up joining the PVP'ers in Cyrodil, how is that not a Win Win for both camps?image

    Umm yeah. Another fluffy lobby game. Maybe add a chopper or 2, some cute cartoon characters. You can never have too many of those.

    It works for WOWites (all 10,000,000 of them image) so why not have another one? Yeah... WOW in a Tamriel skin, that's the ticket.

  • QallidexzQallidexz Austin, TXPosts: 253Member
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Qallidexz

    There was a TON of confusion recently, based on the recent article where Richie Procopio of Massively said: 

    "Sage assuaged most of my fears, however, when he mentioned that once you hit level 50 and decide to play in another alliance's areas, you'll be able to play with friends in that faction. So at the endgame, things begin to open up and you can group up, chat, and run dungeons with players of other factions. The one area where things remain separate is, of course, the Alliance War in Cyrodiil."

    However, at that same Media Event Maria Alipraondo gave a VERY different story, saying that people will NOT be allowed to talk with, or even see, people from other factions, but that the 50++ other-factions zones, would instead be instanced for Alliance, and Matt Firor seemed to indicate the exact same thing in his interview...

    HOWEVER, today, the same guy, Richie Procopio, said in a video uploaded to youtube, that he caught up with Sage at PAX for some clarification on this, APPARENTLY, according to Sage, he's now  thinking of NOT ONLY allowing players at 50 to group with, and chat with, people of other realms, but ALSO, allow people to do this FROM LEVEL 1! I don't think I have to tell anyone here how that will utterly destory the faction-based PvP (do I?). Sounds like this is something Sage wants personally... 

     

    HE WANTS all 3 factions to be meaningless in a purely PvE focused, hold-hands with the enemies and skip through the meadows picking flowers together type game... HE WANTS to destroy EVERYTHING Brian Wheeler and his team worked so hard on for years, in one fell swoop... PLEASE DO NOT MAKE PVP A COMPLETE JOKE, AND BACKSTAB ALL THE RvR FAN SUPPORT YOU'VE GOTTEN OVER THE PAST YEAR... PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW Paul "The Carebear" Sage TO RUIN THIS GAME. If people can group with, talk with, play with, people from other factions, then at the end of the day, Faction pride won't exist, and PvP will be 100% meaningless, like it is in GW2. Please don't turn on your entire PvP fanbase with one quick decision. You might as well HAND Camelot Unchained  your entire PvP-loving playerbase if you do this...

     

    IMO ESO already tipped their hand to caving to whiners with the introduction of 1st Person View...which is horrendous for an MMO and no one in their right mind will use it, it will devolve to one of those systems that players only use to take screenshots once the novelty of the idea wears off and the realization it makes MMO play horrible.

     

    They also caved to the faction lock, whereas 6 months ago I could see this as a spiritual successor to DAoC now it will be just a horrible RvR game like GW2 is.

     

    Because of the ability for a vocal minority to change development in such a way there is a growing chorus to cater to the raid or die mentality crowd which as we all know if that happens everything else will take a backburner and raiding will be the only reliable gameplay to see any developmental updates.

     

    As it stands now I will play the game but not with any great aspirations of it being the next DAoC due to some of these changes and I will msot likely treat Cryodill as a PvE zone with PvP gankings.  My hype for the game has taken a serious nosedive in the past 2 weeks.

    +1000

  • AnakamiAnakami BielefeldPosts: 103Member

    I don't really get all the "Doom and Gloom!" cries from the more extreme PvP camp. It's PvE changes that won't really affect your PvP experience.

    Assuming you have no interest in PvE at all -at least that's the tone I get from most of the "hardcore" pvp people- you will probably jump into the PvP part of the game at the earliest convenience, which is from what I heard, very early, maybe even the moment you step outside the tutorial zone.

    So, you will be in Cyrodill, a huge map where you can pvp all you want. You will never know the enemy you see, you won't be able to talk to them, you will have constant, endless war, just like you wanted it.

    So...how exactly does anything regarding the PvE aspect of the game, which is forever outside of Cyrodill, bother you?

    Seems illogical to me, tbh.

  • EladiEladi ArnhemPosts: 1,099Member Uncommon
    To me it sounds like "pvpers" wining about something that ain't impacting pvp at all. the PvP zone stays faction locked, you enter it you are part of a single faction and you will fight against rl friends if they are in the other faction. faction pride stays exactly the same only the change will allow people to meet up whit friends and play pve stuff in the other factions pve zones.

    Its utterly ridicules to even have a form of racial locks in the first place in a Elder Scrolls games.

    Now I can go PvE, RP in all zones and Enjoy PvP. more content and choice.

    I personaly hope they will disband any form of racial lock and make factions based on location and believe rather then races.
  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,606Member Uncommon

    I gues that those who don't understand that crossfaction fluffy grouping and chatting trivializes the game just won't understand it. There's nothing "hardcore PVP" about it, just a lack of integrity in a factional game.

    Here's how it works:

    Factions at war...yes or no?

    If no, then anything goes and neither faction lockout nor chat restrictions make any sense whatsoever.

    If yes, well then do it with integrity and don't trivialize the factional warfare by having friendly little picnics with the enemy in the PVE areas.

    I guess that really must be a difficult concept to understand.

    I mean for pete's sake it's not as if these guys are inventing factions. Many MMOs hvae factions with no cross-faction grouping or chatting. I really have to wonder if this forum is full of MMO virgins.

  • QallidexzQallidexz Austin, TXPosts: 253Member
    Originally posted by Anakami

    I don't really get all the "Doom and Gloom!" cries from the more extreme PvP camp. It's PvE changes that won't really affect your PvP experience.

    Assuming you have no interest in PvE at all -at least that's the tone I get from most of the "hardcore" pvp people- you will probably jump into the PvP part of the game at the earliest convenience, which is from what I heard, very early, maybe even the moment you step outside the tutorial zone.

    So, you will be in Cyrodill, a huge map where you can pvp all you want. You will never know the enemy you see, you won't be able to talk to them, you will have constant, endless war, just like you wanted it.

    So...how exactly does anything regarding the PvE aspect of the game, which is forever outside of Cyrodill, bother you?

    Seems illogical to me, tbh.

     

    It's not 100% seperate like that, the whole game will basically stop caring that factions exist if everybody is getting to know eachother, picking flowers together, etc. PvP'ers and PvE'ers will lose any sense that the enemy is anything other than brainless mobs, and so goodbye PvP.

  • Po_ggPo_gg Twigwarren, WestfarthingPosts: 2,714Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Arglebargle

    As always:

     

    It's called Elder Scrolls Online, not Dark Age of Camelot 2.   They were trying to get the huge TES fanbase into the game, and as such they have to actually pay attention to the interests of the Elder Scrolls fans.  If they'd done their game with a new world and campaign, no one would be here complaining.   Of course, they might not sell nearly as many copies, hence the leveraging of the Elder Scrolls world.

    There are many interested in the game who don't care about manufactured 'faction pride', or the other shoehorned-in PVP aspects.   We'll see how much of a strategic error that turns out to be.  Failure of vision, imo.  The game should have really used something like the Vanguard model for its design.   While it wouldn't appeal to the DAoC crew, it would definitely fit the fans of Morrowind, Skyrim, et al.  

    Very much this.

    I mostly gave up on the game when daocdude took charge of it and start to make a DAoC2 upon the attention wave of the ES IP. And while I'm still not convinced, now after the recent news it's a high chance that I will buy ESO and at least try it out.

     

    I'm with Phry on the numbers :) OP complaining that daoc lovers would ditch the game. Riight. All the 200k? :)

    I don't want to waste time to dig up numbers, but Oblivion alone was sold ~4million (without the pirated versions, I think I red somewhere back then that the real player number was somewhere around 5.5-6million). Do the math... and yep, there will be some Camelot game as I heard, I'm pretty sure they will love to accept those 200k :)

  • VyllynVyllyn Pasadena, CAPosts: 10Member
    ok let me set the record stright sence everyone is only looking at this post from massivle, who has some wrong information, once u hit lvl 50 yes you can go to the other factions zone, but it is a lvl 50+ zone and only members from your own faction will be there too... so stop screaming about stuff that isnt even going to be in the game and look into shit a bit more befor u start a flame post that gets alot of heat based on wrong informations.
  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,606Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vyllyn
    ok let me set the record stright sence everyone is only looking at this post from massivle, who has some wrong information, once u hit lvl 50 yes you can go to the other factions zone, but it is a lvl 50+ zone and only members from your own faction will be there too... so stop screaming about stuff that isnt even going to be in the game and look into shit a bit more befor u start a flame post that gets alot of heat based on wrong informations.

     I'm guessing you didn't watch the video I linked?

    It's not a "post from Massively." It's an article from Massively where the author claimed the game's creative director, Paul Sage, told him that the 50+ adventures into the other zones would include chatting and grouping with players from the other factions.

    Every other site said the opposite: you will only see, chat with or group with your own faction.

    So the original writer from Massively went back to Paul Sage at PAX and now claims that Paul Sage reconfirmed the 50+ bit and implied that they're now thinking about doing it right from level 1.

    Mind you what the guy is reporting is what he wants to see happen--idiotic though it may be. He's not exactly unbiased nor is he providing any concrete evidence.

  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,606Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by Arglebargle

    As always:

     

    It's called Elder Scrolls Online, not Dark Age of Camelot 2.   They were trying to get the huge TES fanbase into the game, and as such they have to actually pay attention to the interests of the Elder Scrolls fans.  If they'd done their game with a new world and campaign, no one would be here complaining.   Of course, they might not sell nearly as many copies, hence the leveraging of the Elder Scrolls world.

    There are many interested in the game who don't care about manufactured 'faction pride', or the other shoehorned-in PVP aspects.   We'll see how much of a strategic error that turns out to be.  Failure of vision, imo.  The game should have really used something like the Vanguard model for its design.   While it wouldn't appeal to the DAoC crew, it would definitely fit the fans of Morrowind, Skyrim, et al.  

    Very much this.

    I mostly gave up on the game when daocdude took charge of it and start to make a DAoC2 upon the attention wave of the ES IP. And while I'm still not convinced, now after the recent news it's a high chance that I will buy ESO and at least try it out.

     

    I'm with Phry on the numbers :) OP complaining that daoc lovers would ditch the game. Riight. All the 200k? :)

    I don't want to waste time to dig up numbers, but Oblivion alone was sold ~4million (without the pirated versions, I think I red somewhere back then that the real player number was somewhere around 5.5-6million). Do the math... and yep, there will be some Camelot game as I heard, I'm pretty sure they will love to accept those 200k :)

     In a sick way, I almost hope you get the POS MMO you're designing in your mind. That would be truly just.

  • DeniZgDeniZg ZagrebPosts: 669Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vyllyn
     once u hit lvl 50 yes you can go to the other factions zone, but it is a lvl 50+ zone and only members from your own faction will be there too..

    If that's how the game will turn out, that will be the most ridicolous design decision ever made. I would rather have enemy zones locked, than walk into ghost towns.

    Anyway,  IMHO cross-faction communication (perhaps not grouping) for the sake of ES lore should have priority, instead of no cross-faction communication for the sake of some silly cross-faction pride to please couple hundered of DaoC fans.

    You can have cross faction pride even with cross-faction communication. ES lore had many opposing factions/groups which were able to communicate and still get to fight each other.

     

  • QallidexzQallidexz Austin, TXPosts: 253Member
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by Arglebargle

    As always:

     

    It's called Elder Scrolls Online, not Dark Age of Camelot 2.   They were trying to get the huge TES fanbase into the game, and as such they have to actually pay attention to the interests of the Elder Scrolls fans.  If they'd done their game with a new world and campaign, no one would be here complaining.   Of course, they might not sell nearly as many copies, hence the leveraging of the Elder Scrolls world.

    There are many interested in the game who don't care about manufactured 'faction pride', or the other shoehorned-in PVP aspects.   We'll see how much of a strategic error that turns out to be.  Failure of vision, imo.  The game should have really used something like the Vanguard model for its design.   While it wouldn't appeal to the DAoC crew, it would definitely fit the fans of Morrowind, Skyrim, et al.  

    Very much this.

    I mostly gave up on the game when daocdude took charge of it and start to make a DAoC2 upon the attention wave of the ES IP. And while I'm still not convinced, now after the recent news it's a high chance that I will buy ESO and at least try it out.

     

    I'm with Phry on the numbers :) OP complaining that daoc lovers would ditch the game. Riight. All the 200k? :)

    I don't want to waste time to dig up numbers, but Oblivion alone was sold ~4million (without the pirated versions, I think I red somewhere back then that the real player number was somewhere around 5.5-6million). Do the math... and yep, there will be some Camelot game as I heard, I'm pretty sure they will love to accept those 200k :)

     In a sick way, I almost hope you get the POS MMO you're designing in your mind. That would be truly just.

     

    I know rite? Part of me has been wanting these Elder Scrolls players to get EXACTLY what they're asking for in every way... Then, of course, the $300 million investment would be lost, and the future ES games would suffer in quality, or ZeniMax Media would go bankrupt entirely, and no more Elder Scrolls games... Ah... that would be rich. NO better yet, they LOSE the investment, and are forced to sell the Elder Scrolls IP to...Blizzard Entertainment! Ahh, that would be rich. heh 

  • MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member

    Any of you guys blaming the changes made to the game design on the "Small minority of forum complainers" think that perhaps, just perhaps their design is changing due to Alpha and Beta testing where they are realising which parts of their original design are working and can be improoved upon and which parts don't work and need changing?

     

    Guess not, you are too blinkered to actually take a moment to think about these changes clearly.

  • Po_ggPo_gg Twigwarren, WestfarthingPosts: 2,714Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Iselin

     In a sick way, I almost hope you get the POS MMO you're designing in your mind. That would be truly just.

    I hope as well (I know what you ment, but I really would be happy about it :) ). Maybe it's hard to understand from a daoc point-of-view, but a big chunk of ES fans are only wants from ESO what exactly the name is, and Elder Scrolls game, Online. (I'm not even sure that they'd want an mmo of it since a lot of ES players don't play mmo's.)

    Of course there's no chance ESO will be such a game, though every bit of change from DAoC2 towards ES is good in my eyes. It's only me (an ES fan since Arena, and never liked DAoC) but I think these changes are welcomed by a much bigger population in the ES part than the whole daoc-craved group :)

  • DalekThayDalekThay Bangor, MIPosts: 52Member

    Once again, so called 'hardcore' PvPers attempt to ruin PvE for the sake of their own little minority part of the playerbase. Hopefully Zenimax realizes that pissing off potentially millions of PvE players isn't worth satisfying a hundred thousand PvPers.

    Plus you know, this isn't DAoC 2. This is TESO. You want true faction PvP, wait for Camelot Unchained. Or go play a game where you can make your own factions. Or hell just go play DAoC, it's obviously what you want.

    Furthermore, being able to communicate with the other faction opens up whole new possibilities, such as spying. Isn't making PVP content more dynamic a good thing?

    Games like this are carried by their PvE, not their PvP.

  • MethiosMethios Brandywine, MDPosts: 157Member
    Sounds different and not what I was expecting so I can't judge it till I try it myself.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,066Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Iselin

    I gues that those who don't understand that crossfaction fluffy grouping and chatting trivializes the game just won't understand it. There's nothing "hardcore PVP" about it, just a lack of integrity in a factional game.

    Here's how it works:

    Factions at war...yes or no?

    If no, then anything goes and neither faction lockout nor chat restrictions make any sense whatsoever.

    If yes, well then do it with integrity and don't trivialize the factional warfare by having friendly little picnics with the enemy in the PVE areas.

    I guess that really must be a difficult concept to understand.

    I mean for pete's sake it's not as if these guys are inventing factions. Many MMOs hvae factions with no cross-faction grouping or chatting. I really have to wonder if this forum is full of MMO virgins.

    THIS and only a true fan of DAoC RvR will understand that the core concept of what made that game great was the pure unadultered hatred of the other 2 realms, not a single game has ever grasped the concept that Factions are and should always be at war and no amount of carebear mechanics will ever change that.  Sadly ESO jsut became another game in a long line of games to not understand that concept and it shocks me more knowing that Matt Firor let this happened.

    Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

    Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

    Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

    image

  • QallidexzQallidexz Austin, TXPosts: 253Member
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Iselin

    I gues that those who don't understand that crossfaction fluffy grouping and chatting trivializes the game just won't understand it. There's nothing "hardcore PVP" about it, just a lack of integrity in a factional game.

    Here's how it works:

    Factions at war...yes or no?

    If no, then anything goes and neither faction lockout nor chat restrictions make any sense whatsoever.

    If yes, well then do it with integrity and don't trivialize the factional warfare by having friendly little picnics with the enemy in the PVE areas.

    I guess that really must be a difficult concept to understand.

    I mean for pete's sake it's not as if these guys are inventing factions. Many MMOs hvae factions with no cross-faction grouping or chatting. I really have to wonder if this forum is full of MMO virgins.

    THIS and only a true fan of DAoC RvR will understand that the core concept of what made that game great was the pure unadultered hatred of the other 2 realms, not a single game has ever grasped the concept that Factions are and should always be at war and no amount of carebear mechanics will ever change that.  Sadly ESO jsut became another game in a long line of games to not understand that concept and it shocks me more knowing that Matt Firor let this happened.

     

    Yea, if this truly is the case, if they truly are backstabbing their entire PvP fanbase like this, and Matt is letting it happen by not leaving the company, then it's safe to say that his fans will never trust him again. And with good reason.

  • ForumPvPForumPvP KingstownPosts: 871Member
    TESO PvE ,player can attack monsters and monsters can attack players.

    TESO PvP ,players must join environment, join some area first like asking from a girl "can i dance with you?" ,even NPCs have more freedom than players on that kind of system.

    imagine Conan the Barbarian films with those systems in place hehee.

    next step will be that monsters will ask from players if you allow them to attack you a little.

    Edit: and no way Conan ,you are not going to that Doom place,because your level is not high enough and your race choice is wrong,and when you maybe can, there wont be anyone there because you dont want to see them and they dont want to see you, -Conan "but"
    -Voice "no buts C,we have perfect areas for you and your friends where you can do dungeons and stuff.

    Let's internet

This discussion has been closed.