Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What mmo's are you playing and why??

Hey guys just wanted to see what everyone is playing. I am subbed to swtor dont ask why, but i wouldnt saying im playing it really. I will usally log in and level up once and get bored and go play minecraft(360). I tryed age of wushu couldnt get into it so uninstalled. I have swgemu but havent logged in to relive the old days yet. So whats everyone playing and why?

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

D3 - fun combat, good progression, very many builds to experiment. Not a MMO, but close enough.

STO - can play the story mission like a good fun Sp game. There no Star Trek game out there .. until the next movie tie-in comes out.

DDO - haven't gone back for a while .. good instanced scripted dungeons. Better scripting than just boss mechanics.

PoE - increasing progression and skill system. Not a poper MMO . but again close enough.

PS2 - like to jump in and snipe head shot others.

• DartmedDartmed Member Posts: 36

EVE - best sandbox option at the time being

Lots of Betas

• OcenicaOcenica Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Warthunder. Its a flight sim based on WW2 events. Best graphics ive seen in a very long time (since GW2). Its MMO and half the player base is non american which actually adds to the mmo feel for me. Lots of planes, lots of missions, bombers and fighters, lots of skills to max and quick to get in a match. It has an inexpensive payment model costing just under $9 per month for a sub. 
  • AmbitKnightAmbitKnight Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Dartmed

Lots of Betas

I like eve but my problem with eve, is it seems like no matter how much i play i will never be on the same level as the vets who have played from day one.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I haven't had a good mmo to play in years. There's been several I bought and tried for a month or so, but today's mmo's seem to be made by lazy companies looking for the PS3/Xbox locusts fast cash  :(

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• DartmedDartmed Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by AmbitKnight
    Originally posted by Dartmed

Lots of Betas

I like eve but my problem with eve, is it seems like no matter how much i play i will never be on the same level as the vets who have played from day one.

This is a misconseption, you can always find things to do . The only thing is to find the right people to play with. Even as a new character there is always a role to play . If it wasn't like this then the game would be populated only by old timers and believe me its not . 

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

beside a constant series of SP games some old ones im replaying some new.

im also always pokeing my nose into new MMOs, although i tend to wait for launch these days rather then beta since most betas are more preview then bug fixing, now.

the only actual MMO esk games im playing on regular arnt real MMOs, and those are a minecraft server, and a neverwinter nights 2 server, yes i said "2" not online, that thing cryptic is makeing is meh to me. the reason being for each is well minecraft speaks for itself you ether understand or you dont, and as for the NWN2 server its because i enjoy the way the game plays more then most MMOs comeing out now a days, and becuase i can find actual real RP this way, somehting that is very hard to find in all these action MMO games comeing out.

take it or leave it i prefer old school to new school.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Playing GW2 and actually enjoying it for what it is.

I'm an adventure person that enjoys the leveling process more than endgame so current MMOs don't offer much for me in the long run. Until then I may head back to old games just for the sake of reaching max level and shelving them. Kind of a meta game if you will lol

I so wish EvE came in a fantasy setting. If soni would not have the above problem :)
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I will probably end up playing Minecraft until EQN, or some form of long term MMO, comes out. Minecraft has gone leaps and bounds toward RPG goodness.
  • TholdarianTholdarian Member UncommonPosts: 67

Also subbed to SWTOR, although not really extensive, I just like my characters too much to let them rot in f2p :D

Other than that I´m derping around in LoL ranked and slowly trying to beat all the SP games on my drive.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

Right now, nothing at all. There's no MMO currently out that I find to be worth spending time playing or spending money on. Unfortunately there's very little in development that interests me very much either.

Neverwinter looks like more regurgitated crap we've seen before, ESO isn't ES enough being class based (CLASSES FFS?).

Star Citizen looks interesting but is years off. I may have a stab at Defiance for a change of pace and see how that pans out but TBH I'm getting pretty disheartened with the whole genre. Something really needs to change so we stop seeing reskinned versions of WoW.

Originally posted by Tayah
    I haven't had a good mmo to play in years. There's been several I bought and tried for a month or so, but today's mmo's seem to be made by lazy companies looking for the PS3/Xbox locusts fast cash  :(

Lazy? Do you know how much work is put into VO in TOR? I wouldn't call it lazy. May be useless work .. but work it is a lot.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

I actually played WoW for about 2 months. The expac went on clearence so I dug in and played to see what the Panda invasion had to offer. Un-subbed after the 2 months. Even with the dumbed down talent(less) tree Blizz can not balance the classes (especially in PvP). I play GW2 and hop around the beta scene. Neverwinter (of which I was a huge skeptic) had me hooked after last beta. I enjoyed the PvP and look forward to what else they will offer for the title. It still does not feel like a TRUE D&D game though, but it is fun.

If Eve was more of a fantasy setting game and not space I would jump in and try it out, but I just can not play sci-fi type MMOs for long.... even TSW I lost interest with after a short time playing. I am just more a fantasy genre gamer I guess.

I am looking forward to more of TESO, Neverwinter, and ArcheAge.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Currently I'm looking for a companion for GW2.  I thought Tera would be it, but the game really lacks something I can't put my finger on.  I think it's how on-rails it feels, you can't even jump down from cliffs, you hit an invisible wall and have to just find a "safer" way down.  And RaiderZ has better combat to me.

Playing Dragon Nest with a friend right now.  It's hectic and doesn't take itself seriously, better voice acting than most MMOs I've tried recently.

Also giving Path of Exile a shot.  Seems pretty hard solo. lol

Mostly waiting for more info on TESO and the release of Neverwinter.

The reason I'm playing GW2?  Well frankly, it lets me do what I want.  Apart from the loading screens, the zones are massive and hey, if I want my character to fall to their death, no one holds me back with some BS force-field.  Plus, the game keeps getting better because the devs are actually trying to make people happy.  Also, the tab/action combat is my fave system of the games currently out.

Originally posted by Eir_S

Also giving Path of Exile a shot.  Seems pretty hard solo. lol

You do have to proceed slow, and use your potions if you want to get through an area. I think it can use a difficulty setting, like in D3 though.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Currently playing......

2 NDA restricted MMORPG's.

Unfortunaly most current MMORPG don't offer me enough difference from single/multiplayer games and the little things I could enjoy in a MMORPG these day, single/multiplayer games just provide that something much better.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Still playing Lineage 2 and really looking foward to the upcomming update. Also waiting on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Uthgard - Dark Age of Camelot.  It's the only mmo that still feels fun for me.  I just wish there was more people around to play with or against.

Other than that, none of the new ones really interest me.  And if they do I quickly lose that interest so it's no longer worth it for me to spend money on them.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Skyrim cause Im getting my fix before ESO releases.

Simcity cause its pretty damned fun

GW2 not as much as I used to, about 2-3 times a week for a few hours.

Waiting on Neverwinter, hopefully it releases before June and Elder Scrolls Online.  Keeping a close eye on Wildstar and awaiting the big EQN announcement in August.

Other then that could care less about gaming at the moment.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Guild Wars 2.  That's about it for mmorpgs.  I was roleplaying my march madness bracked until most of my teams lost though.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    right now im only playing Defiance alpha.

• chafinchafin Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Scarlet Blade... because of boobs.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

No mmo right now, can't find one that is worth the time. I have been trying anything that looks interesting to me, which has not been many, but still havent found one that grabs me for any good length of time.

/rant

Most games now are F2P and I don't bother with any of them, F2P/Cash Shops are a cancer to gaming and I hope it brings down all the companies exploiting it soon so they concentrate once again on making good quality games.

The sooner people realise this, the sooner we all can move on from these Dark Ages of Cash shop gaming we are in now. I doubt this will change anytime soon, too many people keep tossings money at these companies to allow them to keep throwing out repainted, rehashed old systems resulting in sub par games for them to stop.

Maybe the recent and ongoing increase in Indie companies trying to get into the MMO market is a good thing. We will see soon when some of them start releasing. Some will probably just come out swinging trying to grab some quick cash cloaked behind games made by gamers for gamers type slogins, but there might be a few that are actually made by passionate people trying to make an actual great interesting game... Oh what the hell am I saying they are all after our wallets. Not sure how or where the genre can go from here. Maybe we havent hit bottom yet, if thats the case I don't think it can be that much longer before we do, than the only way to go is up.

I have been trying to stay positive though for the most part, there has to be a game or two coming out that will reshape or change the direction of the genre soon. Its been awhile since we had one of those and its only a matter of time before one comes along.  

/rant

So in a nut shell there is my answer to why I'am not playing any at this time. :)

If your into cash shop's being all up in your games, you must be in heaven.

• AmbitKnightAmbitKnight Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Fearum

No mmo right now, can't find one that is worth the time. I have been trying anything that looks interesting to me, which has not been many, but still havent found one that grabs me for any good length of time.

/rant

Most games now are F2P and I don't bother with any of them, F2P/Cash Shops are a cancer to gaming and I hope it brings down all the companies exploiting it soon so they concentrate once again on making good quality games.

The sooner people realise this, the sooner we all can move on from these Dark Ages of Cash shop gaming we are in now. I doubt this will change anytime soon, too many people keep tossings money at these companies to allow them to keep throwing out repainted, rehashed old systems resulting in sub par games for them to stop.

Maybe the recent and ongoing increase in Indie companies trying to get into the MMO market is a good thing. We will see soon when some of them start releasing. Some will probably just come out swinging trying to grab some quick cash cloaked behind games made by gamers for gamers type slogins, but there might be a few that are actually made by passionate people trying to make an actual great interesting game... Oh what the hell am I saying they are all after our wallets. Not sure how or where the genre can go from here. Maybe we havent hit bottom yet, if thats the case I don't think it can be that much longer before we do, than the only way to go is up.

I have been trying to stay positive though for the most part, there has to be a game or two coming out that will reshape or change the direction of the genre soon. Its been awhile since we had one of those and its only a matter of time before one comes along.  

/rant

So in a nut shell there is my answer to why I'am not playing any at this time. :)

If your into cash shop's being all up in your games, you must be in heaven.

To be honest i cant stand cash shops. I liked it better when the devs made a good game worth paying $15 a month and i was happy. Now to me anyways it just seems like dev's are making quick generic mmo's and making them f2p and adding cash shops to make a quick buck. The only game that i have been paying attetion to that looks like the devs took there time is dark fall unholy wars and i will most likely be playing that if i like it. I agree i hope this cash shop kick that most devs seem to be going for is just a phase and will pass. Im not expecting anything good this year for mmo's thoe...

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by chafin
    Scarlet Blade... because of boobs.

valid reason to play an mmo...hehe enjoy :)