Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you getting Defiance?

ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87
So, are you?

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Im still uncertain.   Im not a real shooter type fan, but it does have RPG elements.   Ill probably wait for launch and see what happens and hoepfully pick it up at a discounted price.  

• lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by flizzer

Im still uncertain.   Im not a real shooter type fan, but it does have RPG elements.   Ill probably wait for launch and see what happens and hoepfully pick it up at a discounted price.  

Due to the game being linked to the TV show I would not expect to see a drop in price on this game until after the first season of the show is over. 

This gives the Syfy channel an entire season to advertise the game and the show. 

Not so nice guy!

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I tried it in 3 different beta's.  The UI killed it for me alone.  the non colision also bothered me.  Having folk's drive an atv through me was odd.  Then the bugs being shot through the walls by npc's.  I got on one mission to do something at a raidio station, and it bugged out and there was 30 or so waves of mutants, the npc sat there and did nothing, so I was stuck with the story line. 

Sorry this game just had so many downers for me I gave up.  

• ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Wish I had got to try one of the free trials, errrm I mean beta... was playing other games and just had to move homes during the last one...
  • RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    You need to add a don't know option or your little survey is pointless.  I am interested in it because it is Trion, but I am waiting to see what the general impressions of the game are before I decide.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114

Preordered on GMG some days ago with a voucher for 25% discount.

Game can be bought on G2play for € 32 ...

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I am waiting for reward 2 on steam so I have an expansion to trade for a game so if Defiance fails for me, I don't feel like I wasted alot of money.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Will maybe try it when they have a free trial.
  • thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    I would like to but I just can't.  The price is the sticking point for me.  $60 could go to Defiance in hopes that it will entertain me for the full month.  Or I could sub to four games for a month that I already know I'm going to enjoy. Or to one game that I love for 4 months.  Or play another half-dozen decent F2P/B2P titles and go nuts kitting multiple characters out with account unlocks and cosmetic doodads.  I'm admittedly thrifty with nearly ever game purchase, so it probably wouldn't matter what game was coming out.  I know why Trion has to charge the full ticket price in this instance but I think it's going to cost them quite a few potential players once the dust clears.
  • ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87

After watching some videos I think I'm going to get this. 

One thing about FPS that I hate is they tend to be frustrating when so competitive even if I'm owning it up.

As a shooter this game just looks fun, not having to worry about your KD ratio all the time.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I played Beta.

it's just another overly scripted, Solo questing, Linear, cut scene generic mmo.  just like TSW, swtor, gw2..

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    I would like to get it but  going to wait until it drops in price. Had fun in the beta but not enough to justify that kind of cash outlay at this juncture.
  • TE5LATE5LA Member UncommonPosts: 46

I like this game except the aiming crosshair is WAAAAAY off the target. If you try to shoot from near cover, you will end up shooting the cover instead. Look at this video:

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It's not a sandbox mmo, so No.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Like I've said, when it comes down in price.  Unless there's a trial before then and it blows me away.  So probably, but not yet.
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    No.  After watching the TRION livestream this week Defiance the game looks bad.  I'll watch the show though.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    I pre orderd but then changed my mind. Not that i didn't enjoy the beta but because i am already swamped with so many games. Don't have time to get in a new one.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I like how everyone is being careful about buying new titles, I'm in the same boat as everyone else, idk yet I got a few days to decide to preorder tho.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111

I was going to pre-order it but then I noticed the price....$60....that's a sticking point for me I'll give it a few months and get it in the bargin bin....

Get it?

Nah just kidding I pre-ordered it already, you see I actually have a job, and spending $60 on a video game isn't a life altering decision for me

Originally posted by Jonoku
    I like how everyone is being careful about buying new titles, I'm in the same boat as everyone else, idk yet I got a few days to decide to preorder tho.

It's not that it's a new title.  It's that I'm not hearing the best things.  *shrug*

• LoganKonlanLoganKonlan Member Posts: 28

I don't think it would be fair to base my purchase on the beta...for many reasons, however I'm not really a FPSer and suspect I'm going to be playing ESO instead.

I did enjoy many elements of my limited time this past weekend with Definance, and I have the DVR set to record the show...at least until I decide otherwise. I'm not really sure if I'm going to or not.

A post had mentioned a free-trial which might be the best way to get a real feel for the game. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a pvper (usually - vanilla WoW was an exception) and I suspect the Shadow Wars might be a reason many do buy the game.

I wish it the best!

If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand.

• deviltheorydeviltheory Member Posts: 33
    I've been playing the Beta for the PS3 version, and I'm not all that impressed.  It's really nothing more than a half-baked tps with MMO tacked onto it.  No cover system is the biggest let down, hit detection is off a bit (enough to make it noticeable when you're lining up that careful headshot), and overall it's not really that pretty to look at either. 
    Originally posted by LoganKonlan

A post had mentioned a free-trial which might be the best way to get a real feel for the game.

Exactly, and if they do it soon enough and I love the game (haven't tried the betas) then they'll have earned my $60.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Depends on reviews and player reaction..

if it boils down to another dime a dozen themepark,then it'll be an emphatic NO.

• DalekThayDalekThay Member Posts: 52
    Nope, for several reasons. First, I really can't afford it (I blame Kickstarter). Second, I really don't like the game for a lot of reasons (but I'd try it again on a demo weekend or limited trial basis to give the release version a fair shake). Third, my Ultimate Songbird Edition of Bioshock Infinite arrives Monday, and if the reviews by both professionals and my gaming peers are anything to go by, that's going to keep me busy for quite some time to come.