Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not understand why you call Raiding against TES IP, but they are making a PVP Focused Game.

kidas52kidas52 Member UncommonPosts: 26

How is that more like TES IP exactly?? Don't quite remember TES being famous for its PvP content.

"Your first hours in TESO, at least, will be PvE focused before the option to transition into competitive play. "Yeah we don't know exactly when that point is," says Firor. "Right now it's on level 10, which is about 15 hours of gameplay. Our thinking is at least a few hours of PvE to get the controls and how combat works – we don't want to throw 'em out there too soon, but we always want it all to be up to the player to choose."

All well and good, because for many prospective players the focus is overwhelmingly on PvP" - Mark Firor TESO Game Director

Oh looks like you get atleast your first few hours in the RPG immersion everyone has come to associate with The Elder Scrolls Franchise.  Then you better put your troll hats on and get ready to for all chat "pwnt you noob!"

Jona ^_^

Comments

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by kidas52
    How is that more like TES IP exactly?? Don't quite remember TES being famous for its PvP content.

There is no point in making TES an MMORPG at all unless it involves PVP.  Otherwise why not just make another single player game?  Or a cooperative mode option in a single player game or something if people want to explore with friends.  MMORPGs only make sense if PVP is involved.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Because the guys who are making TESO are daoc devs, so just get over it.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by BigHatLogan

There is no point in making TES an MMORPG at all unless it involves PVP.  Otherwise why not just make another single player game?  Or a cooperative mode option in a single player game or something if people want to explore with friends.  MMORPGs only make sense if PVP is involved.

Yeah because EQ and AC were not MMORPG's at all with little PvP.  PvP does not make an MMORPG.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    as if rehashing DAoC needed explaining. it's what mythic people do.
  • kidas52kidas52 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by Horusra

Yeah because EQ and AC were not MMORPG's at all with little PvP.  PvP does not make an MMORPG.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jona ^_^

Originally posted by Horusra

This game is being made by a development team who are experienced in rvr mechanics, they are making the game they have experience in making, you cannot fault them for that. The wow dev team is made up of ex everquest players, hence the focus on raiding.

Originally posted by Rthuth434

Could be worse they could be rehashing wow like everybody else has been doing lately.

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

The game will cater to both PvE and PvP.  Both camps that want it to focus only on them will need to realise that.

It's a modern MMO which means it will try to appeal to as many as is possible.

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Could be worse they could be rehashing wow like everybody else has been doing lately.

Who exactly is rehashing WoW?  I would love to play a game copying WoW vanilla,  absolutely everyone is doing PvP focused,  with horribly easy raiding.

Jona ^_^

Originally posted by Miblet

The game will cater to both PvE and PvP.  Both camps that want it to focus only on them will need to realise that.

You are wrong, it is def 70% RvR PvP focused for late game.  IF you read the interviews it is 70% of what they care or talk about.

Jona ^_^

In my experience catering to both pve and pvp is a reciepe for fail, you put all your devotion into one area with a little tease of content to the other now and then. but trying to balance both evenly will enviditably end up pleasing neither

You are wrong, it is def 100% RvR PvP focused for late game.  IF you read the interviews it is the onyl thing they care or talk about.

Damn then I must have heard wrong when they mentioned adventure zones with their take on raid content.

Or the multiple PvE faction zones to be done post 50.

The multiple ways to progress your characters in the game depending on playstyle.

You are right, I should pay more attention.

You are wrong, it is def 100% RvR PvP focused for late game.  IF you read the interviews it is the onyl thing they care or talk about.

Damn then I must have heard wrong when they mentioned adventure zones with their take on raid content.

The multiple ways to progress your characters in the game depending on playstyle.

Adventure zones are NOT  guanranteed.

Jona ^_^

Who exactly is rehashing WoW?  I would love to play a game copying WoW vanilla,  absolutely everyone is doing PvP focused,  with horribly easy raiding.

But villa wow didn't have 10 million subs, modern day wow has 10 million subs and that is the format devs are trying to emulate. Achievements, raiding, leaderboards. nhow fast can you get to max level. how big is your epeen post it on facebook.

The game is primarily focused on rvr hence why there are 3 factions. The lead developer for this game was lead developer for DAOC. I'll let you do the math.

But villa wow didn't have 10 million subs, modern day wow has 10 million subs and that is the format devs are trying to emulate. Achievements, raiding, leaderboards. nhow fast can you get to max level. how big is your epeen post it on facebook.

Excuse me,  WoW had the highest increase of Subs in Vanilla.

Jona ^_^

Excuse me,  WoW pre Wrath of the Lich King had the highest Subs of any mmorpg ever in history,  it has gone down since that expansion which was the dn of WoW Vanilla,  thanks.

Wrath wasn't the first wow expansion. Wow didm't have 10 million subs before the burning crisade, the burning crusade was touting 7 million subs. pre burning crusade was a lot lower than that.

Adventure zones are NOT  guanranteed.

Adventure zones won't be in for launch, that is true.  They have stated they wouldn't be ready at that time as they needed more time.

Given the amount they get mentioned I doubt they would drop them yet given that they are hyping them up in the very interviews you mentioned earlier.

For those saying there will be no PvE progression, you do remember DAoC started adding PvE content right?  Raid content.  I know there are those who desperatly want a DAoC 2 but why close your eyes to what is coming, it will only lead to dissapointment.  Look forward to the game for what it is TESO, not what you hope it will be.

The common argument i see coming up here is wow players wanting TESO to be wow.

Excuse me,  WoW pre Wrath of the Lich King had the highest Subs of any mmorpg ever in history,  it has gone down since that expansion which was the dn of WoW Vanilla,  thanks.

Wrath wasn't the first wow expansion. Wow didm't have 10 million subs before the burning crisade, the burning crusade was touting 7 million subs. pre burning crusade was a lot lower than that.

WoW vanilla is considered Pre 10 man dungeon grinding with a matchmaking raid system.

Jona ^_^

No i want it to have optional raid content just like WoW vanilla and Everquest.

Jona ^_^

WoW vanilla is considered Pre 10 man dungeon grinding with a matchmaking raid system.

There was no match making in wow vanilla the only real raid in wow vanilla was molten core.

• greenstonedgreenstoned Member UncommonPosts: 21

pretty much

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

What I want: F2P Skyrim Online.

What I will get: (likely) P2P World of The Elder Scrolls

What will be the outcome: F2P World of The Elder Scrolls in under 1 year just like the TORtanic.

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

That is just an opinion. Most of the best MMORPG do not involve pvp and the MMO factor is 100% required in a pve environment where the content requires a group or raid in order to accomplish the goals.