Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Designing the Living World

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new developer diary has been posted to the official Guild Wars 2 site. This time, Leif Chappelle does the honors and goes into specific detail about how the Living World Team goes about crafting the "living, breathing world".

The story of the world needs time to gain momentum, and so the Living World team started gradually while we took the time to develop out the large years-spanning plot and characters that we’re now prepared to unleash into Tyria.

What we’re creating is an actual chronology of the world. Flame and Frost has taken several months to develop, but it’s just one story arc within the overall plot beginning to unfold. The events of Flame and Frost will create repercussions throughout the world, bringing new tales and conflicts to light. Through the course of 2013, the concept of these Living World releases will grow in scope and grandeur as we move ahead and build up the groundwork to make this a key component of the developing and ever-changing world of Guild Wars 2.

Read the full post on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Great event!
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    [mod edit]
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

The entire concept is a great idea and keeps the monotony from setting in like most games. Well, at least I hope thats what it will do! :)  There is already so much to do in the game and they keep making it better every month! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I really liked this idea, and i did the 2 solo instances yesterday.  The one with Rox was challenging since she died early in the fight, but i still managed to finish it.

I just hope they have group content for the living story in future updates, because currently, it can be solo'd.

• CullandCulland Member UncommonPosts: 22
    The event is boring, uncreative, and largely underwhelming. How it different from the multitude of other quests in many other MMO's is beyond me
  • zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by observer

I really liked this idea, and i did the 2 solo instances yesterday.  The one with Rox was challenging since she died early in the fight, but i still managed to finish it.

I just hope they have group content for the living story in future updates, because currently, it can be solo'd.

I did both as well (solo), found it little easy and not in keeping with their usuall too hard regular stuff!

Not real sure why the have to insist on making pve so dam hard in places that it is impossible to solo, it just kills any incentive to play!!

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    New blog but no new info, just another bla bla bla bla. Show us, don't tell us ArenaNet!
  • VancePantsVancePants Member UncommonPosts: 43
    [mod edit]

:D

[mod edit]

Don't censor speech - I know it's a Korean developer but this is America god damnit and if we don't like something, we want to be able to say it.

So allow me to articulate on my previously moderated post.

This new content is boring and uninteresting and the story puts me to sleep.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by VancePants
    Originally posted by Icnoevil
    What you not gonna delete all the negative post? AGAIN? Like the man just said a one sided forum is no forum at all. You should see yourself better moderation or soon be left with nothing to moderate.

Don't censor speech - I know it's a Korean developer but this is America god damnit and if we don't like something, we want to be able to say it.

GW2 is made by an american developer.. and  just saying "zzzz" is trolling learn to put together a sentance with a least a phrase of simple constructive context then you won't get edited or removed. Like if you would of said what you put in that last sentance it probably wouldn't of been removed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArenaNet

located in Bellevue, Washington USA

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    What you not gonna delete all the negative post? AGAIN? Like the man just said a one sided forum is no forum at all. You should see yourself better moderation or soon be left with nothing to moderate.

GW2 is made by an american developer.. and  just saying "zzzz" is trolling learn to put together a sentance with a least a phrase of simple constructive context then you won't get edited or removed. Like if you would of said what you put in that last sentance it probably wouldn't of been removed

ArenaNet is a video game developer and subsidiary of NCsoft...

NCSOFT is a South Korea-based online, video and mobile game development company that has produced Lineage, City of Heroes, WildStar,Guild Wars and Aion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCsoft

"Learn to put together a sentence"

*edits quote*

Like if you would HAVE said what you put in that last senence (spelling, comma), it probably wouldn't HAVE been removed.

You lost some credibility there, homie. -.-

EDIT: Citation

Originally posted by Aerowyn

ArenaNet is a video game developer and subsidiary of NCsoft...

NCSOFT (KRX036570) is a South Korea-based online, video and mobile game development company that has produced LineageCity of HeroesWildStar,Guild Wars and Aion.

"Learn to put together a sentence"

*edits quote*

Like if you would HAVE said what you put in that last senence (spelling, comma), it probably wouldn't HAVE been removed.

You lost some credibility there, homie. -.-

ncsoft published the game.. Yes arenanet is a subsidiary and its offices are in the USA.. Have you ever even watched a developer video? Where do you think those guys are from?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

[mod edit]

id hardly call that an argument... But okay, anyway off to enjoy the new content

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    this is rather good for insomnia.
    ^ Yes, this forum discussion is about as exciting as the new content will likely be.