Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Supposedly were in for a surprise!

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

Numerous people who were in alpha testing said the beta we played on PC is months behind the alpha buil but wouldn't go into detail. Maybe alpha is still under NDA?

One guy even said "Were in for a surprise if you played beta"

It is Trion Worlds were dealing with. Probably the best MMO company, known for fast updates to there games, such as Rift.

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,537Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Raserei

Numerous people who were in alpha testing said the beta we played on PC is months behind the alpha buil but wouldn't go into detail. Maybe alpha is still under NDA?

It is Trion Worlds were dealing with. Probably the best MMO company, known for fast updates to there games, such as Rift.

Yes as an alpha tester i am still under NDA, there is so much under wraps because of Syfy show tie in that is kept from the public eye. 

It makes sense as it would suck for stuff to get out before the show even reveals some major stuff.

• cm01cm01 sidmouthPosts: 47Member
    Believe those people and you really will be in for a surprise, not a good one either.
  • ghost047ghost047 montreal, QCPosts: 603Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano

Yes as an alpha tester i am still under NDA, there is so much under wraps because of Syfy show tie in that is kept from the public eye. 

It makes sense as it would suck for stuff to get out before the show even reveals some major stuff.

But the game release 2 weeks before the show, NDA or not, we will know that stuff before the show reveals it!

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano

I have to agree totally.  The released version should be purdy guuud :D

• ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,232Member Uncommon

you guys know saying that you are in alpha is already a breach of nda?

BAN EM! :)  (kidding)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Richmond, VAPosts: 527Member
    Hope they put this information out before launch because no offense I am very skeptical....  Beta was"okay" but nothing great so hopefully this will be pretty good and not just hype with no meat behind it....
  • GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Thane

you guys know saying that you are in alpha is already a breach of nda?

BAN EM! :)  (kidding)

Yeah but if they're going to do that then they would have to ban like half thier playerbase before the game even started lol.  I've only heard good things from alpha players.

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon
    unless its actually a totally different gaming nothing will make this more than an average mmo/tps hybrid..
  • RyowulfRyowulf Greensburg, PAPosts: 668Member

Interresting post.  "This game is soo much better than you know.  The game you tried is just an old copied they had sitting around"

That's a great way to hype a game.  Anyone in alpha who actually follows the NDA can't disagree and to someone who would break the nda to deny it, well you can't trust them anyway right?

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Richmond, VAPosts: 527Member
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    unless its actually a totally different gaming nothing will make this more than an average mmo/tps hybrid..

Agreed there to be honest....  Again not a horrible game but nothing just stood out and blew you away as I need to buy this game NOW....

• IsturiIsturi Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,509Member
    I am keeping a close eye on this game. I have the feeling it will be a sleeper hit.

• AmegashieAmegashie naPosts: 282Member Uncommon
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet and especially not the guys you heard this from.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Isturi
    I am keeping a close eye on this game. I have the feeling it will be a sleeper hit.

I won't be at all surprised if this game becomes a huge hit on consoles. It may well make Trion a ton of cash. But on PC ? Not so much, there's simply too many alternatives available to PC-based players.

As for "Supposedly we're in for a surprise!", I don't believe a bit of it. Not gameplay wise, anyway. WYSIWYG.

Perhaps Trion will be the first company in the history of MMO's to reveal how awesome their game REALLY is only after it's launched ? The first company that deliberately shows potential buyers an inferior version of the product on which to base their "buy/don't buy" decisions ? Perhaps, but it's highly unlikely.

• KeyhKeyh Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 140Member

Yeah... don't believe everything you hear.

If you like what you played, you're probably going to enjoy it.

But I wouldn't expect anything more than just more of the same. I'd confirm whether or not I'm in Alpha but I can't. If you catch my drift.

• Four0SixFour0Six Missoula, MTPosts: 1,181Member Uncommon

When I hear things like this, I wonder if the TV show will have a direct effect on the game....meaning content and areas of play open only after that episode has been released.....

That would be one way to kill a content locust...and the game too....

Just my 2 pennies

• JonokuJonoku Cool, PAPosts: 645Member
    Originally posted by Four0Six

When I hear things like this, I wonder if the TV show will have a direct effect on the game....meaning content and areas of play open only after that episode has been released.....

Just my 2 pennies

Ya just note that it takes place in different places.

TV show= St. Louis

Game= San Francisco

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• DAS1337DAS1337 Parma, OHPosts: 2,404Member

Just my 2 pennies

I think a new season in a TV series is around right on par with big content upgrades in MMO's.  Every 8 months or so, you should see the following season.  I see no reason why they can't add small scale content in-between to bridge the gap.  It is Trion after all.  What have they done to make you believe they will fail?

• nolic1nolic1 Kingman, AZPosts: 687Member Uncommon
    Well from what I have seen in videos and the fact yes it will have a show with the same story and content is what made me follow this game from day one. Guess what I am also a fan of many others games including GW2, TSW, TERA, DDO, DCUO, and my list goes on but one thing that makes me even more excited is that fact they have said many times they will have content being added to the game through out the year and that includes 5 DLC's or thats what I read at least 4 times now on different sites and heard in many videos from the dev's so that sounds like they have things planned out to follow the launch which now I am getting both the PS3 and PC version of and might get another if my wife likes it so we can run together on PC. As for the surprise yeah I was when I played the beta alone I was cause I have wanted an open world game now for a while and to make it SiFi is even better and cant wait for it.

To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.

• MyriaMyria Lowell, MAPosts: 570Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DAS1337

[mod edit]

Not saying it will happen or is likely -- don't know, don't care -- but there is an extremely long list of shows canceled after only a few episodes. Many of them quite expensive, most of them with any number of episodes already in the can.

Nothing is guaranteed.

• TatercakeTatercake Auburn, WAPosts: 279Member

it will be a glirchy start i  was suprised how much better the ps3  version ran then the pc

• lordtwistedlordtwisted Redding, CAPosts: 577Member
    Originally posted by SonicTHI

Originally posted by r3dl4nce

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

I have been playing online since it was text based in the late 80's early 90's, and was there at the inception of graphical mmo's in the early 90's. I was an alpha tester, and beta tester for the majority of the online games developed since 1993 when you literally hd to fill out an application to be accepted into the testing phases. 

At one point I was even approached by Sony to test a couple of games do to my previous interaction with them and their team members in finding bugs, and properly documenting and reporting them. 

I have a little programing experience in several languages, as well as server administration, maintenance, and configuration certifications. 

Not to mention working as customer service, tech support, and in house testing for another company for a couple of years...

I think I have enough experience to justify my opinion. 

My opinion is that this game, as well as this TV show will develope a cult type fanbase just like many of the Syfy channel shows have, and to claim all of the Syfy channel series suck, is not only idiotic because it is an all inclusive statement, but it is also idiotic because it is saying your opinion is above the thousands of followers most of the Syfy series have developed over the years. 

I don't think Defiance will be a huge success based on what I have seen from the beta, but I do feel Defiance has a place in online gaming, and is in a boat all by itself. It will be interesting to see what Trion, and Syfy do with this design. 

What I think will be even more interesting is to see what the other developers bring out after this, I think Trion opened up a lot more then even they realized for the industry. 

Not so nice guy!

• AsheramAsheram Posts: 1,971Member Uncommon
    Edited- I think I will stick to playing the game and leaving the forum game to others.

• lordtwistedlordtwisted Redding, CAPosts: 577Member
    Originally posted by Asheram
    Originally posted by Volgore

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

You are more or less on track. 

Consider the fact that when you buy a product, any product...the average person will buy a product, if they enjoy it they go on. 

If they hate it the first thing they do is go online and complain about it to everyone. 

When it comes to video games, you buy a game and you have a lot of fun? You typically tell friends, family, go online toy uor usualy fourms, clan sites, guild sites, etc.. and spread the news. 

If you buy a game and you hate it, you go to every online site that mentioned Defiance in a quick google search and tell everyone how you much you hate it. 

Not so nice guy!

• besteverbestever prescott, AZPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by Volgore

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Those are pc players and today they complain about any and every game that comes out. It could be the greatest game ever made and pc players would complain. On xbox alone it will have a huge player base since its a shooter. Xbox is a shooter console and the players are far from picky thats why cod still uses the same old same old copy and paste and make big money from it.

• stragen001stragen001 ReadingPosts: 1,720Member
    Originally posted by Jonoku

Just my 2 pennies

Ya just note that it takes place in different places.

TV show= St. Louis

Game= San Francisco

Trion have already said that there are going to be crossovers. 

NPCs from the game will appear in the TV show. 

Characters from the TV show will appear in the game

Developments in the TV show will affect the game world

Outcomes of specific events in the game world (inbetween series and in mid season break i beleive) will affect the TV show

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom