Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Shroud of the Avatar: Paypal Added As Funding Source

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,622MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Portalarium has announced that backers can now choose Paypal as a funding option for Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar. The Paypal function is only available at the official site rather than at the KickStarter page.

“Providing a PayPal option for our fans opens up our crowd funding to a broader audience,” said Garriott. “Kickstarter is not as familiar to people outside the United States, but with this addition our fans in places like Germany, the United Kingdom, France and Japan now have a more convenient option to back our project. And on our Shroud of the Avatar site, we have the same funding tiers as the Kickstarter site plus a few additional items.”

Check it out on the Shroud of the Avatar site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 dublinPosts: 2,735Member
    Yes i am going to run right out and fund a guys game whom has enough money to take a trip to space.
  • Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Posts: 522Member Uncommon
    I'm very confused about this; you had a great run with Ultima, everything after was a flop imo. You decided that following in daddies footsteps was more important than your job. Now you want the community to fund your next project? I guess fools and their money will help your poor self along, but you're to far in my rear view mirror to care. Good luck and all that positive support stuff.
  • AlotAlot BredaPosts: 1,948Member

You know, when I clicked the link to this thread I thought it said "Papaya Added As Funding Source", I'm somewhat disappointed right now.

• MajiinXMajiinX new hyde park, NYPosts: 89Member
    I can't believe people are actually willing to give money to this clown. For a guy as rich and cocky as he is, he sure lacks confidence this games ability to generate revenue that he has to resort to crowdfunding, what a joke. I for one will not give a cent to this dude and I'm surprised so many other people are given his recent track record.