Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I thought this was going to be a great game but......

Comments

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Xarko
    Originally posted by Hellidol
    Originally posted by keithian
    It's funny. The 3 things the OP listed are things I'm happy with. I guess different strokes for different folks.

Yup, those mad because the game isnt having raiding are those angry dwarves that wont understand it is just a differnet game and they are welcome to never play.

Maybe they are angry cuz they cant play dwarves in ESO :P

With Mods anything is possible. I just tried the tropical Mod for Skryim..completely changed the entire look of the game. Wolfs became Pandas lol. However, I felt like it took away from the realism so I uninstalled it :-). If I wanted Pandas Id go back to playing WOW :-)

There Is Always Hope!

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    There is no point developing content for raiders, because they will quickly consume the content and then complain about the game having no end game while bad mouthing the game on every forum until the next wow expansion launches.
  • LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    There is no point developing content for raiders, because they will quickly consume the content and then complain about the game having no end game while bad mouthing the game on every forum until the next wow expansion launches.

Stop confusing raiders with scrubs thanks. Especially since those same scrubs tend to do the same things with pvp, and rp, and questing and...

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

This is so funny.  I mean really, you made my afternoon so much better by reading this..Hah!

You have an apple.  You love the apple.  I have an apple too.  But I cut mine up into pieces, because I like it that way.  You get mad.  You insist that it's not an apple.  I laugh at you.  Because you are stupid.

There are raids.  It's called adventure zones.  There are also small group raids.  Which you pointed out.  

What the hell is your problem again?  Oh yeah, you're mad because it's not the raid you've grown accustomed to.  Thus...

It's not your favorite apple.

Originally posted by jackashflash2000
    Adventure zones are supposed to be sort of like raiding.  If Zen has a brain in their head they will make sure it is, thats all I can say.  They will be shitting the bed otherwise as everyone jumps ship, and this turns into just another free ro play pile of shit.

Why is it that everyone believes that without raiding, a game can't be successful?  Or the notion that the majority of gamers love raiding?  You do realize that most gamers don't enjoy locking themselves into raids, right?  Ultima Online didn't have raids.  Neither did DAOC, until TOA, and many blame TOA for killing the game.  EQ didn't have raids in a traditional sense.  All pretty popular games for their time.  I'm sure there are plenty of other games as wel that have been successful without the modern 'raid'.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Yet another thread where we talking about raiding. I hope we get at least 3-4 more threads on this topic this week lol. 
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by kidas52
    With the realization of no raiding, only 4 man dungeons, and " high end" world content in the form of what guild wars 2 is doing.  I guess I will just have to wait for Everquest next.

Well that's up to you I guess.  I'm looking to give it a try myself, and some videos don't look TOO bad, but at the same time, if it's a subscription game, I'll probably only level and drop it anyway.

Hm, $15 for a good game is never a bad thing in my opinion.  I guess I can spare it though.  I mean, it's 50 cents a day.  If I can't afford that, I should probably look into selling my computer to pay bills..

You make the content challenging.

Then you make more content. 

Then people keep playing, and GASP PAYING!

Then the cycle continues forever.  Welcome to WoW's success model.

Herp Derp shit the bed.

Yes because following the WOW model has been so successful in the past. People say they want something different but what most of them want is wow 2.0

Originally posted by JasonJ
    Originally posted by JasonJ

Good, dont recall ever going on a raid in a TES game. How many more things can they change before the game is nothing but TES in name only? oh wait...

Yeah, it makes sense with TES to not have raids, which is why I'm confused why some people would "skip" it after "thinking" it was going to be something it's not.  But even then, the portion of people who love raiding is probably much smaller than the people who want progression, and there's a difference.. the two don't have to go together, and as far as I know TESO's devs never stated that there will be no form of progression.  I still think a lot of people will be happy with the end result.  Just not OP, obviously.

Dont get me wrong, im not one either...basing the entire game on DaoCs closed factions/races with funneled PvP is going to keep me from even trying it unless its F2P. TES is about open world,open choices and war that takes place everywhere, not in some neverland where everyones homes are safe.

Raiding however is content few ever take part in and doesnt fit in with the IP as much as the other things I mentioned.

There are no homes in TESO =P

Just had to.  Sorry!

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Adventure zones are supposed to be sort of like raiding.  If Zen has a brain in their head they will make sure it is, thats all I can say.  They will be shitting the bed otherwise as everyone jumps ship, and this turns into just another free ro play pile of shit.

Why is it that everyone believes that without raiding, a game can't be successful?  Or the notion that the majority of gamers love raiding?  You do realize that most gamers don't enjoy locking themselves into raids, right?  Ultima Online didn't have raids.  Neither did DAOC, until TOA, and many blame TOA for killing the game.  EQ didn't have raids in a traditional sense.  All pretty popular games for their time.  I'm sure there are plenty of other games as wel that have been successful without the modern 'raid'.

EQ raiding (original).

Lord Nagafen.

Lady Vox.

Phinigel Autropos.

With the realization of no raiding, only 4 man dungeons, and " high end" world content in the form of what guild wars 2 is doing.  I guess I will just have to wait for Everquest next.

Well that's up to you I guess.  I'm looking to give it a try myself, and some videos don't look TOO bad, but at the same time, if it's a subscription game, I'll probably only level and drop it anyway.

Hm, $15 for a good game is never a bad thing in my opinion.  I guess I can spare it though.  I mean, it's 50 cents a day.  If I can't afford that, I should probably look into selling my computer to pay bills..

It has nothing to do with being affordable but it has everything to do with not wanting to pay for shit no matter the cost. i don't pay for music channels because all they ever play is rubbish pop music and reality tv, yes i can afford it but that doesn't mean i want to pay for it.

You make the content challenging.

Then you make more content. 

Then people keep playing, and GASP PAYING!

Then the cycle continues forever.  Welcome to WoW's success model.

Herp Derp shit the bed.

Yes because following the WOW model has been so successful in the past. People say they want something different but what most of them want is wow 2.0

Yeah I agree.  If that's all it took, everyone would be a mega success with 10 million subscriptions.  We would all be broke from paying for a dozen subs as well =(

• triton54xtriton54x Member UncommonPosts: 39

im confused people want raids but yet they so they want this game to be elder scroll like

It has nothing to do with being affordable but it has everything to do with not wanting to pay for shit no matter the cost. i don't pay for music channels because all they ever play is rubbish pop music and reality tv, yes i can afford it but that doesn't mean i want to pay for it.

Music channels?  Bad comparison.  Music channels, assuming you mean TV, you don't pay for to begin with.  Music stations, radio, you also don't pay for, as they are free.  Unless of course, they are satellite stations.  And duh, of course you don't pay for something you don't want.

Again, missing the point.  My obvious is apparently not as obvious to others as I would like to think.

What I meant is, if I'm going to play a game, it's going to be because I want to.  Not because it's P2P, B2P, or F2P.  This just made me think of my mother.  She buys things BECAUSE they are on sale, not because she needs them.  That's kind of what I mean.  If you don't want to play, I don't see why cost would matter.

Originally posted by triton54x

im confused people want raids but yet they so they want this game to be elder scroll like

am i missing somethign here?

No, you aren't.

They are.

• triton54xtriton54x Member UncommonPosts: 39

15 bucks a month is nothing

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    Originally posted by triton54x

am i missing somethign here?

No, you aren't.

They are.

I would imagine that a good amount of the elder scrolls players don't care about raids. so they are not confused. I woudl say that those who lean toward being MMO players want them.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Miblet

EQ raiding (original).

Lord Nagafen.

Lady Vox.

Phinigel Autropos.

They were more like world bosses and not traditional raids, right?  I think the people who need raids are focused more on large 20+ man events that take you through trash mobs, mini-bosses and culminating with the big baddy at the end.  Not just a super hard mob that you have to wait in line for =P

DAOC had dragons, but it wasn't really raid content.  Again, before TOA brought raids, which more still more like world bosses...

Originally posted by cura

Music channels?  Bad comparison.  Music channels, assuming you mean TV, you don't pay for to begin with.  Music stations, radio, you also don't pay for, as they are free.  Unless of course, they are satellite stations.  And duh, of course you don't pay for something you don't want.

Again, missing the point.  My obvious is apparently not as obvious to others as I would like to think.

What I meant is, if I'm going to play a game, it's going to be because I want to.  Not because it's P2P, B2P, or F2P.  This just made me think of my mother.  She buys things BECAUSE they are on sale, not because she needs them.  That's kind of what I mean.  If you don't want to play, I don't see why cost would matter.

Obviously Eir_S doesnt hink its a good game so what is a purpose of your comment? And yes you havent discovered america here.

What?

What is the purpose of his post?  What is the purpose of your reply to mine?  What is the purpose of these forums?

Shit, what is the purpose of life?  

See, I can pretend that I don't have a brain too!

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

same feelings just this time i think i ll wait a couple of months to see how it goes. no more money spent until they show me what they got

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

i find this funny cause people where freaking that there was going to be faction locked zones and that was not whole the elder scrolls series played, but here people are upset that there wont be large raids, once agian not how elder scrolls played,

are both these due to it going from SP to MMO prob but i still find it funnny.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

Originally posted by Squeak69

i find this funny cause people where freaking that there was going to be faction locked zones and that was not whole the elder scrolls series played, but here people are upset that there wont be large raids, once agian not how elder scrolls played,

are both these due to it going from SP to MMO prob but i still find it funnny.

I would hazard a guess that they are different groups of players. Possibly with some overlap.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

Why do people who have no clue what they are talking about chime in with totally false statements?  Stop posting about EQ as it is obvious you did not even play it.

EQ didn't have raids in the traditional sense?  Please put down the crack pipe.  EQ1 invented raiding.  EQ had two dragons at release, Nagafen and Vox.  The fish guy came a bit later as that zone was not completed, same as the early plane content.

They were raids.  You got a lot of people together, got to the end of the zones and set up your raid force, got buffed and attacked the dragons.

That is pretty much the definition of a raid.  Organization and planning were what made you win those two fights.  Along the way there were some tougher mobs, especially the fire giants in Nagafen's Lair.

Jeesh...

Easy there grandpa, don't shit the bed.   We aren't old enough to remember EQ release.

You were 26.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by morbidlymystic
    Originally posted by cronius77

raids are a silppery slope anyways and I personally do not want to see them in this game other than maybe a warhammer online style of random chest events or something, but better rewards than GW2 because GW2 lacks any real reason to do dungeons or harder stuff other than skins.

But with that being said look at shit games for pvp like wow and rift , when you add in raids to a game you have to constantly spend tons of time and resources making content for like 10% of the population and gear. If you want balanced pvp , you do not leave the game gear based like old DAOC was before TOA etc. If you have constant raiding going on for powerful gear , you create a gear game for a game that is based around end game pvp for factions. Now you have to counter balance that gear gap treadmill with pvp only stats so raiders cant walk right into pvp and 1 shot or 2 shot people. Its nothing but a mess and only satisfies a small amount of the actual community to begin with. Lets face it who the hell is going to raid day in and day out like in wow or rift for armor skins or weapon skins? People do it to be powerful ...  Adventure zones sound much more fun to me and I would gladly keep raiding out of a game if DAOC style pvp is end game. Just for the love of god add some more gear than GW2 to all the events in game because that crap is pointless in GW2.

First off, a slippery slope is a logical fallacy.

Second, we all know you are talking about WoW.

Third, if its a slippery slope to anything, then its to success.

How is WoW PvP shit again? 

PvP Isn't gear based?  What are you smoking?

Most of the best PvP gear in WOW is PVP gear, not PvE gear.  So this fantasy you have that raiding is directly linked to pvp success is just wrong.

Most people in Raid enjoy some form of raiding nowadays. 

if you think that wow's pvp is good and fair you are the one smoking shit . Second if you look at games out there that have tried to balance their pvp like rift by removing pvp stats on pvp gear you will see it doesnt work because it gives all raiders with supurb gear a HUGE advantage. So who is smoking what ? Go ahead and add tiers of raiding to TESO and see what happens when a gear gap is created between pvp players who could give two shits about raiding ever and players who min/max and want to raid all the time. You put them in pvp with even a 10% power gap over normal pvp players and see what transpires. WOW is a pve game btw if you think that wow has EVER been known as a pvp game you are sadly mistaken as their pvp has been a tranwreck since burning crusade.