Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you improve the direction the game is taking?

Comments

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    First person mode only. Hate to say it but I would just take any Elder Scrolls game made and just make multiplayer work correctly on it because there is nothing wrong with the way the Elder Scrolls fanchise plays now. We don't need a theme park mmo with the Elder Scrolls name on it. We just need a good multiplayer to work with the current games. That is how I would do it.

I would love to see a few FPV-only Cyrodiil campaigns (automatically locking everyone into FPV when in combat).  That way there will be no disadvantages to playing this way in PvP. 

• alakyenalakyen Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    First person mode only. Hate to say it but I would just take any Elder Scrolls game made and just make multiplayer work correctly on it because there is nothing wrong with the way the Elder Scrolls fanchise plays now. We don't need a theme park mmo with the Elder Scrolls name on it. We just need a good multiplayer to work with the current games. That is how I would do it.

Well thats the proof this post is not for everybody, and it seems people like to talk without know anything, if you had read any pax podcast you would know there is already one first person mode.

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by alakyen

There are many criticism about the game, also many ignorance, for that reason I think would be interesting to make an organized feedback regarding all what we have read of the game, listing those things we would change or emphasize, now is under development. I plan to make a list of your ideas and make a survey with them and send it to zenimax

Just brief and not abstract points, there's mine:

-be able to talk and trade in over 50 zones with other players of opponents faction but not to attack them, to add race and trade variety to the game, maybe making posible the existence of wanderer merchants/peddlar

-option of not glowing effects or quest givers tracker

-solid combat/blowing effects/sounds

-enemies loot delivering their armor and weapons even they are bad quality

-if not raids a way to progress in pve in groups of a size at least addapted to medium guild number of active players while discovering exclusive story &/gear &/ cosmetics &/ achievements, that take enough time and effort to maintain player till new content addition

-importance of many dungeons and quest to discover by exploration in the game with chances to get great items or recipes or skills etc...

-importance of a thievery system and realistic npc routines

-a communication system that dont make of tamriel a forum discussion, allowing inmersion and physical ways to trade, and comunicate with close characters

-enough dificulty for pve combat.

-not infinite ammo and arrow crafting

Another bandwagon person worried about changing a game that has not been released yet. I would think that the time these people waste on these things could be used in more "constructive" things. I know it's the "cool" thing to create on-going threads about the same junk over and over again, seriously, find a better hobby or something.

As far as your topic, why don't you wait to actually play the game instead of going by just information you read? I'd bet you might have an actual glimpse of how the game will be once you have "actually" played it. It goes with the rest that are doing this as well. (I know, I know, tempt ban or warning) :)

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

I would go back to what they said initially, focus on PUBLIC DUNGEONS and get rid of ALL phasing and instancing. 

I'd also ditch the Megaserver. 

And I'd probably not allow people to check out the other realms without making an alt on another server. 

Originally posted by Razperil

Another bandwagon person worried about changing a game that has not been released yet.

The funny thing about bandwagons is that they come with dual seats.

Originally posted by Razperil
    Originally posted by alakyen

There are many criticism about the game, also many ignorance, for that reason I think would be interesting to make an organized feedback regarding all what we have read of the game, listing those things we would change or emphasize, now is under development. I plan to make a list of your ideas and make a survey with them and send it to zenimax

Just brief and not abstract points, there's mine:

-be able to talk and trade in over 50 zones with other players of opponents faction but not to attack them, to add race and trade variety to the game, maybe making posible the existence of wanderer merchants/peddlar

-option of not glowing effects or quest givers tracker

-solid combat/blowing effects/sounds

-enemies loot delivering their armor and weapons even they are bad quality

-if not raids a way to progress in pve in groups of a size at least addapted to medium guild number of active players while discovering exclusive story &/gear &/ cosmetics &/ achievements, that take enough time and effort to maintain player till new content addition

-importance of many dungeons and quest to discover by exploration in the game with chances to get great items or recipes or skills etc...

-importance of a thievery system and realistic npc routines

-a communication system that dont make of tamriel a forum discussion, allowing inmersion and physical ways to trade, and comunicate with close characters

-enough dificulty for pve combat.

-not infinite ammo and arrow crafting

Another bandwagon person worried about changing a game that has not been released yet. I would think that the time these people waste on these things could be used in more "constructive" things. I know it's the "cool" thing to create on-going threads about the same junk over and over again, seriously, find a better hobby or something.

As far as your topic, why don't you wait to actually play the game instead of going by just information you read? I'd bet you might have an actual glimpse of how the game will be once you have "actually" played it. It goes with the rest that are doing this as well. (I know, I know, tempt ban or warning) :)

Just because i dont want a bad game and even i dont consider myself so importat i thought with this i could be able to make a interesting of people with knowledge about the game what to change now we can, but this lacks of both, yes i would like to be something more interest... at least i do something seriously even being thinking about a game

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    Originally posted by Ilaya

WTF?

You have not even touched it. You have not seen it in real. You have not seen the Final Version of "whatsoever" and you are already asking for "How to improve the Game"

Are you kidding mate? Or did you had some bottles of Beer to much?

Man......

I think Devs and / or Publishers should not show anything anymore until one month before having the Game ready.

This only gets worse from Game to Game.......and im soooo sick of it tbh.

Hahah! I was thinking the same thing. [mod edit] . Just finish the game so we can play it so at least then people can complain after they have played the game. Right now we have too much pre-complaining for no reason. 

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

Originally posted by Grunch

Hahah! I was thinking the same thing.  [mod edit]Just finish the game so we can play it so at least then people can complain after they have played the game. Right now we have too much pre-complaining for no reason. 

If they don't want us critiquing the game then they shouldn't release any information.  It's human nature to want to express our opinions and put down others.

Originally posted by sapphen

Hahah! I was thinking the same thing. [mod edit]Just finish the game so we can play it so at least then people can complain after they have played the game. Right now we have too much pre-complaining for no reason. 

If they don't want us critiquing the game then they shouldn't release any information.  It's human nature to want to express our opinions and put down others.

It's human nature to want to express OUR opinions and PUT DOWN OTHERS., i would add and if a human dont have an oppinion quickly he creates the more closer and shifty one to put down others..

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

-AA system, opening up new abbilities

i am definitely on board with that. they could have a "realm point" system like they had in Daoc that only gives you benefits in pvp.

they wont do it for pve because it will imbalance things, but i don't know why they don't for pvp only.

• AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103

Hm, I only have 2 things I'd like them to change, because I am pretty happy with the rest of the game.

1. No race lock. Let us choose who we want to support in the war regardless of race choice.

2. Open PvE World from the start. Basically like it is now, just that you can start in any of the 3 zones and co-op with evryone.

Originally posted by Anakami

Hm, I only have 2 things I'd like them to change, because I am pretty happy with the rest of the game.

1. No race lock. Let us choose who we want to support in the war regardless of race choice.

2. Open PvE World from the start. Basically like it is now, just that you can start in any of the 3 zones and co-op with evryone.

I don't want to take ESO away from all it's supporters, but I would love a version of ESO with these features.

• AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103
    Actually it is pretty easy. I could think of a few ways employing the very same mechanics and features they have right now, just tailor them a lot more to the open world setting of TES, that -for me- is about choice. We will see how this game turns out in the end and if they have done themselves a favor with their design choices :)
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by morbidlymystic
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Game is not out yet and probally very few people here have actually played it..

What I find kind of funny is that you are right, and there isn't much info out there and no one has actually played it.  YET, the original poster is right as well, and there is a lot of criticism floating around this forum as well.

@OP

RAIDS

i m not interested in raids, in a game that heal would be aoe most of times tbh.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Any "improvements" suggested are likely going to change something that someone else liked. You can't make everyone happy, so anything one comes up with to "make things better" is purely for selfish reasons.

I'm of the opinion that, as a gaming community, we shut up and let the devs make the game they're going to make. Some people will love it, some won't. Those that don't love it will find something else to do with their time.

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

1.No raids,no battlegrounds,no communication or questing with the enemy faction,no loading screens between zones
    2.Interesting crafting ,player housing ,decaying armor, AA as in EQ2 AA ,collections,mini games,events from time to time ,as many things as possible for players to do at max level beside pvp and chasing loot

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

What improvements to the direction the game is taking? Removing the makers of DaoC and replacing them with somenoe, anyone else, dropping the vast limitations they brought to the game and actually making a TES game online for TES fans, not DaoC fans. And yes I also mean DaoC fans that also like TES....

Make a TES game based on TES, not another weaker IP that few people actually care about.

• papabear151papabear151 Member UncommonPosts: 110

I'd rename it LOTRO 2.0 since it's basically another fantasy shit clone of wow.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

More like redesign, not really improve.

Specifically, adding housing in limited fashion in certain locations designed for housing throughout the world.  Removing factions and allowing guilds to fight over open world objectives rather than forcing alliances, which also means changing the lore to support it.  Drastically reducing the amount of phasing and instancing, which likely means doing away with the 'Megaserver' structure.  This is a RPG at heart, and it should have RP servers, PvP servers and PvE servers.  

Those are the big ones, and my biggest gripes about this game.  Everything else, from what I've seen, is pretty solid.  

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Game is not out yet and probally very few people here have actually played it..

So i cant comment..

Sure you can.

There are countless articles out there about the features of the game, straight from the mouth of the developers.  There was just a PAX event where people were able to at least test some of the main introductory and core features of the game.  We have a wealth of knowledge of other game features from other games to draw from.  

We can easily list the features that we know of and discuss how to improve or change them.

Hahah! I was thinking the same thing. I think the best thing they can do is ignore the cry babies on this forum. Just finish the game so we can play it so at least then people can complain after they have played the game. Right now we have too much pre-complaining for no reason. 

I hear what you are saying but I actually like the way its going (more toward DAoC style). Of course I'm not a big Elders Scrolls gamer so I don't really care about the lore and I can understand why someone who does would be upset. I do not think this will be the game the Elder Scrolls fans are looking for in an mmo but I do think it is going to be a fun, cool game. I think a true Elders Scrolls game should be more of a sandbox style game where you can explore anywhere and have more freedoms, etc.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

Originally posted by JasonJ

What improvements to the direction the game is taking? Removing the makers of DaoC and replacing them with somenoe, anyone else, dropping the vast limitations they brought to the game and actually making a TES game online for TES fans, not DaoC fans. And yes I also mean DaoC fans that also like TES....

Make a TES game based on TES, not another weaker IP that few people actually care about.

The game is based entirely on TES, not the DAoC IP, although I'm sure you meant just the game mechanics.

Here's the funny thing, though. It actually sounds far more like TES than DAoC, even if all you're doing is comparing mechanics. The only thing it copies from DAoC is faction lock and RvR. The rest, from character advancement, skill progression, combat, exploration, etc. is entirely stuff that you'd more than likely find in a TES game.

At this point, I think dissenters are at the point where they're intentionally ignoring the evidence proving the game is more the way they want it than not, for the sake of being able to argue with someone on the internet.

Hahah! I was thinking the same thing. I think the best thing they can do is ignore the cry babies on this forum. Just finish the game so we can play it so at least then people can complain after they have played the game. Right now we have too much pre-complaining for no reason. 

Then there's speculation about what they're hiding by not giving us every detail. The TOR NDA complaints were incessant. Developers are fucked either way they go when it comes to the MMO community. They literally can't do anything without upsetting someone and starting a forum war somewhere.

So I guess I actually agree with you for once. Since it's inevitable, they should just shut off the info until the game is ready to release.

Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by JasonJ

The game is based entirely on TES, not the DAoC IP, although I'm sure you meant just the game mechanics.

Here's the funny thing, though. It actually sounds far more like TES than DAoC, even if all you're doing is comparing mechanics. The only thing it copies from DAoC is faction lock and RvR. The rest, from character advancement, skill progression, combat, exploration, etc. is entirely stuff that you'd more than likely find in a TES game.

At this point, I think dissenters are at the point where they're intentionally ignoring the evidence proving the game is more the way they want it than not, for the sake of being able to argue with someone on the internet.

Yup. I think people were expecting a sandbox ESO style game. I think the DAoC system they are using will be better for the long run. Players can spend a lot of time competing against each other then running through PVE and having to make expansion after expansion to feed the need for new PVE areas. A good example is EQ2 with its 123764541541814 expansions and mini expansions.

P.S. Plus rvr is more fun then pve. That is not just my opinion that is scientific fact. Google it.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Honestly this is one of those games that is either going to be a tremendous hit or burn in hell. IMHO, they should have made a different game not tied to elder scrolls, this way fans can't complain if they dont put something in that they wanted from the series. There is too much room for error for this game, but I am interested in seeing what becomes of it.