Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you SWG Veteran playing?

cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181

Well, I did not play SWG... But in many forums I only read good things about it.

So I was wondering, is there anything close to SWG that I could enjoy?

Comments

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    If there was we wouldn't still be talking about how great swg was.  A few may be coming up, but who knows if they will be any good.  
  • DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Not playing any MMO atm, still waiting for a good one..
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

EvE, Age of Conan and Secret World

no more SWTOR for me except the occasional F2P warzone

waiting for: 

Star Citizen

Black Desert

Elite

World of Darkness

HOPING for Disney saving us and giving SOE a licence for SWG2

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Single player games for the most part. No MMO has been worth the time to download in years.
  • ezduzitezduzit Member Posts: 112

Decided to play with myself.

Every other game I play reminds me of communism. Nothing but centralized government telling me how to live, when to smile, when to secure the happyness, and when to log in MMORPG forums and fabricate lies about having a blast whenever they use the words Iconic and  expansion in the same sentence. 

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by cybersrs

Well, I did not play SWG... But in many forums I only read good things about it.

If a fraction of the people who talk (endlessly) about the greatness and inherent superiority of SWG had been playing it, it'd still be around instead of a long distant memory of something that survived (barely) for half a decade on near literal life support after two desperate, albeit reviled and laughably unsuccessful, attempts to make the game relevant.

But, hey, rose coloured glasses are remarkably resistant to even the strongest headlong impact with a reality wall.

• fuzzylogic11fuzzylogic11 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Minecraft with the tekkit mods. Good fun making mining robots.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Myria

If a fraction of the people who talk (endlessly) about the greatness and inherent superiority of SWG had been playing it, it'd still be around instead of a long distant memory of something that survived (barely) for half a decade on near literal life support after two desperate, albeit reviled and laughably unsuccessful, attempts to make the game relevant.

But, hey, rose coloured glasses are remarkably resistant to even the strongest headlong impact with a reality wall.

The SWG that people left had been WoW'ified, if they had spent the effort improving the Pre-CU it may have retained more players.  The NGE was an attempt to chase WoW numbers rather than attempt to save an un-relevant game.

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by RefMinor

The SWG that people left had been WoW'ified, if they had spent the effort improving the Pre-CU it may have retained more players.  The NGE was an attempt to chase WoW numbers rather than attempt to save an un-relevant game.

This.

SWG a.k.a The Jedi Grind Fest

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282
    For a while I wasn't playing any MMOs. But couple weeks ago I subbed to WoW again.

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by Arezon
    For a while I wasn't playing any MMOs. But couple weeks ago I subbed to WoW again.

Strange,

I expected to hear a single gunshot coupled with screaming after I read that...

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I am playing EQ2, yes I know it is an soe game but nobody else has anything that is as indepth.   I tried to play swtor and well that was just a mess, see my previous post history. 

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Playing War Thunder

while waiting for ArcheAge and Black Desert

• MacScarfeMacScarfe Member Posts: 100
    Wurm Online, after my long love affair with EVE ended
  • CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

The Secret World (love that create-your-own "class" setup)

EverQuest (mostly the old-school EQ Mac server)

EverQuest II rarely

Vanguard Saga of Heroes

City of Heroes from Dec.'05 to the end

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by RefMinor

This. SOE and LA got greedy, changed the game to attract another fanbase and it blew up in their faces. Case closed. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

No rose coloured glasses, as I have played other MMOs and none have come close to what SWG had. The NGE despite being an inferior version of SWG was still better than everything else, I just regret now not playing it more in 2006, all beause I hated the NGE at that time.

What are you SWG Veteran playing?

Nope. The closest to SWG to enjoy is SWG ;)

I am just mainly playing my console games now, and playing SimCity reminded me of SWG with the player buildings and cities. I only got Dead Space 3 due to its weapons crafting, which is cool, but still no where near as awesome as SWGs crafting, and no other MMO or any game has crafting like SWG (I am hoping EQ next will do) 

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Planetside 2 on and off, haven't really played any games for a while now, I was playing Guild Wars 2 and a bit of the *other* SWG. I also got SimCity 2013 and can't even bother to launch it anymore, I actually uninstalled it, it's so blatantly broken.

I think my interest in playing video games is falling to 0 pretty rapidly due to the direction many new games are going in.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Check out the development of The Repopulation. That's the closest I've seen so far to any company trying to make a game similiar to SWG without the IP. It's still early in development and the game could wind up being a complete mess, but there isn't anything out right now that comes close to replicating PRE-NGE SWG . If they are able to make a true player driven world without the annoying problems that SWG had they could be on to something.

Far as what I'm playing right now it's TOR. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ZoNEEZoNEE Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Im waiting for The Repopulation. Its the closest youre going to get when it comes to SWG.
  • fallen017fallen017 Member Posts: 1

edit: nvm, use google.

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by ZoNEE
    Im waiting for The Repopulation. Its the closest youre going to get when it comes to SWG.

same here

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Nothing. Watching Vikings and will be watching new season of Game of Thrones.

2 of the best shows on TV atm.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    I generally spend the time i could be gaming looking for something to play.
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    I didn't know they were playing anything. I thought they were still standing around crying over their lost love.