Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I thought this was going to be a great game but......

kidas52kidas52 Member UncommonPosts: 26
With the realization of no raiding, only 4 man dungeons, and " high end" world content in the form of what guild wars 2 is doing.  I guess I will just have to wait for Everquest next.

Jona ^_^

Comments

• BensorBensor Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Dude, there already is a thread dedicated to people who are concerned about raiding... Useless thread is useless.
  • Alexander.BAlexander.B Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by Bensor
    Dude, there already is a thread dedicated to people who are concerned about raiding... Useless thread is useless.

And yet I only clicked on this one...

Hmmm, no raids? As a solo player, I guess this doesn't affect me much but I do feel it necessary for any hardcore MMORPG :/

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by kidas52
    With the realization of no raiding, only 4 man dungeons, and " high end" world content in the form of what guild wars 2 is doing.  I guess I will just have to wait for Everquest next.

i thought they said there will be raids, just not WoW copy/paste raids. Something more on the lines of an ELder Srolls experience. Corrrect me if im wrong but i could swear they said something like there will be some kind of raids.

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    They said they will have Adventure zones, we don't know much about them; but their similar to raids on what i hear.
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by Bensor

I also just clicked on this one. So not so useless after all.  I'm really on the fence about this game . Have to wait and see

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Well that's up to you I guess.  I'm looking to give it a try myself, and some videos don't look TOO bad, but at the same time, if it's a subscription game, I'll probably only level and drop it anyway.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

Good, dont recall ever going on a raid in a TES game. How many more things can they change before the game is nothing but TES in name only? oh wait...

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by JasonJ

Good, dont recall ever going on a raid in a TES game. How many more things can they change before the game is nothing but TES in name only? oh wait...

Yeah, it makes sense with TES to not have raids, which is why I'm confused why some people would "skip" it after "thinking" it was going to be something it's not.  But even then, the portion of people who love raiding is probably much smaller than the people who want progression, and there's a difference.. the two don't have to go together, and as far as I know TESO's devs never stated that there will be no form of progression.  I still think a lot of people will be happy with the end result.  Just not OP, obviously.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Yeah, it makes sense with TES to not have raids, which is why I'm confused why some people would "skip" it after "thinking" it was going to be something it's not.  But even then, the portion of people who love raiding is probably much smaller than the people who want progression, and there's a difference.. the two don't have to go together, and as far as I know TESO's devs never stated that there will be no form of progression.  I still think a lot of people will be happy with the end result.  Just not OP, obviously.

Dont get me wrong, im not one either...basing the entire game on DaoCs closed factions/races with funneled PvP is going to keep me from even trying it unless its F2P. TES is about open world,open choices and war that takes place everywhere, not in some neverland where everyones homes are safe.

Raiding however is content few ever take part in and doesnt fit in with the IP as much as the other things I mentioned.

• SutexSutex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    There are raids...or will be. Maybe not what you expect from a raid, but raids none the less.
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    There will be large group instanced content located within the Adventure Zones, but they won't call them raids. Most likely the first one(s) will be released shortly after launch. That gives people time to gear up through the Heroics,  50+ and 50++ content.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Dont get me wrong, im not one either...basing the entire game on DaoCs closed factions/races with funneled PvP is going to keep me from even trying it unless its F2P. TES is about open world,open choices and war that takes place everywhere, not in some neverland where everyones homes are safe.

Raiding however is content few ever take part in and doesnt fit in with the IP as much as the other things I mentioned.

Agreed. This game almost has to follow the single player game or its fanbase would come unglued. The series is an rpg legend and the devs need to keep some of what made it great intact. 

IMO raids are slowly being left out of newer games because not everyone is an elite gamer. Most folks want to play a game that doesn't involve hours of gameplay to advance and keep up with everyone else. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• OhnoozeOhnooze Member UncommonPosts: 33

I'm ok with no raids IF there are other things to do. If it's going to be another GW2 then I'll pass....

If they have no real plans for endgame content though....well that would just be crazy stupid.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    No raiding? Only 4-man dungeons? Thanks for selling this game for me, OP!
  • DizorkmageDizorkmage Member Posts: 1

This is a deal breaker for me, gamers are becoming more lazy, they dont want to invest any kind of time or effort in to a game but they still want to wear the best gear, ride 400 differant mounts and basicly just have their hands held and told that their special no matter what.

Sporting the top teir gear in a game used to mean something, now MMOs have been ruined by game Devs pandering to these mouth breathers.

Face it, people use words like "Elitist" like its a bad thing but I would pay 59.99 not for a full game but a 10 minute video of these Mist of Pandera water heads in a 40 man Molten Core raid with vanilla level/gear, you could fill an olympic swimming pool with the amount of nerd rage tears that would be shed...

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

People should first read up, no raids at release doesnt say anything about the futrue, inam almost sure that by now Zenimax realises that raid and multi group content is unavoidable if they want to keep a large chunck of the playerbase commited to the game..

but they also realises that there need to be different options for other players to keep their commitment.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Ohnooze
     I'm ok with no raids IF there are other things to do. If it's going to be another GW2 then I'll pass....If they have no real plans for endgame content though....well that would just be crazy stupid.

that's the kicker, people complain because its not ES enough but ES has absolutely no endgame content.

the cyrodiil pvp will help but what else are they going to do to keep people entertained at endgame?

whatever it is it wont be a feature from an ES single player game and people here will complain.

/facepalm

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    I never picture'd TESO with raiding and if they add an obscene amount of endgame dungeons for 4 man's that substantually ramp up in difficulty then I see no need for raiding at all. The problem is no new MMO's have even a decent amount of endgame content in mind so i won't hold my breath.
  • swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78

I am sure they will add raiding to the game down the road in various game updates.  As is atm their focus would not be endgame (since there are no end gamers yet), and thus create a polished game for those starting up.

I have played a lot of MMOs that started with a secure endgame but their leveling to endgame was lousy...  Mostly a grind with no vision for the 1st impressions.

Raiding is a dire need for any succesful MMO, but it does not have to be polished on launch =P

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    It's funny. The 3 things the OP listed are things I'm happy with. I guess different strokes for different folks.

There Is Always Hope!

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

raids are a silppery slope anyways and I personally do not want to see them in this game other than maybe a warhammer online style of random chest events or something, but better rewards than GW2 because GW2 lacks any real reason to do dungeons or harder stuff other than skins.

But with that being said look at shit games for pvp like wow and rift , when you add in raids to a game you have to constantly spend tons of time and resources making content for like 10% of the population and gear. If you want balanced pvp , you do not leave the game gear based like old DAOC was before TOA etc. If you have constant raiding going on for powerful gear , you create a gear game for a game that is based around end game pvp for factions. Now you have to counter balance that gear gap treadmill with pvp only stats so raiders cant walk right into pvp and 1 shot or 2 shot people. Its nothing but a mess and only satisfies a small amount of the actual community to begin with. Lets face it who the hell is going to raid day in and day out like in wow or rift for armor skins or weapon skins? People do it to be powerful ...  Adventure zones sound much more fun to me and I would gladly keep raiding out of a game if DAOC style pvp is end game. Just for the love of god add some more gear than GW2 to all the events in game because that crap is pointless in GW2.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

It still is going to be a great game, it is just not a game for you or anyone that like the traditional theme park. I know people start threads like this to create drama and get the attention of the dev's of the game but it is getting old....to bad it will never die because forever people that is tired of drama queens there are 5 drama queens ready to pounce.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by keithian
    It's funny. The 3 things the OP listed are things I'm happy with. I guess different strokes for different folks.

Yup, those mad because the game isnt having raiding are those angry dwarves that wont understand it is just a differnet game and they are welcome to never play.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    I never picture'd TESO with raiding and if they add an obscene amount of endgame dungeons for 4 man's that substantually ramp up in difficulty then I see no need for raiding at all. The problem is no new MMO's have even a decent amount of endgame content in mind so i won't hold my breath.

They can abuse their 4 man content and recreate 8 man 16 man and 32 man content from most of them.. Only adding new mobs and slightly twist the stories behind the content...

If you played with neverwinters dungeon creator once you know that this cant be that hard. To repopulate an excisting dungeon. And so it really cant be that hard to turn those excisting dungeons intoo raid dungeons...... All they need to do is make new loot tables.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Hellidol
    Originally posted by keithian

Yup, those mad because the game isnt having raiding are those angry dwarves that wont understand it is just a differnet game and they are welcome to never play.

Maybe they are angry cuz they cant play dwarves in ESO :P