Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin Expansion & Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has announced that the latest expansion to Final Fantasy XI has officially launched. To celebrate the release of Seekers of Adoulin, Square Enix also released a spiffy new trailer. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    I wish I never gave my character away back in 2006, or I would have went back to XI a long time ago, but when I gave my character away I had no clue how far the mmorpg genre would fall.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    I heard that with some of the new content you can make it to 99 in just a few days. Might want to give it a whirl. It's not months long grind like it used to be.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    I heard that with some of the new content you can make it to 99 in just a few days. Might want to give it a whirl. It's not months long grind like it used to be.

Honestly... that demeans the game to me. I never got why people like being handed stuff. That sense of achievement was HUGE in games. I have yet to this day feel a real sense of accomplish in a game like I did hitting 99 trans in Ragnarok Online. Its a feeling I really think people forget about now a days as its all' max or its no good' and I feel its harming the gameplay and really tarnishing such an amazing feeling of accomplishment.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by toddze
    I wish I never gave my character away back in 2006, or I would have went back to XI a long time ago, but when I gave my character away I had no clue how far the mmorpg genre would fall.

Sadly........ I also thought MMO gaming had nowhere to go but up but boy was I wrong. i guess I shouldn't be to surprised given SNES RPG's are still better then PS3 ones.

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I quit this game for FFXIV....big mistake that was...been so long since ive played I dunno if I can go back, but atleast they are working on it unlike Star Wars Galaxies that was cancelled when SWTOR came out....good thing Square was smart  about this one.

Mystery Bounty

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I'd never thought I'd hear myself say it, but the game is really starting to show its age.
  • RaveiceRaveice Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    I'd never thought I'd hear myself say it, but the game is really starting to show its age.

Ye but an 10 years + old game im only concern about this game is server populations. 

They peaking between 600 to maybe 2000 player per server.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    did the Ui changes/upgrades come with the expansion?
  • BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163
    Happy to see the game still getting new content.  It was my first love... and FYI there is nothing at all wrong with the UI.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have not gone in yet but the videos show what i always expect,great effects and great effort making textures.

This is a low poly game,nothing hi resolution no shaders yet it blows the doors off textures in any other low poly game and in many cases is a better effort than other games with high end graphics.

I worry about the Geomancer being an exact copy from FFV,didn't like that class and i am pretty sure it looks the same.

it is  really tough for Square to elaborate on classes anymore,they have done almost everything.

I should be in checking out the new content today,i hope they do not dissappoint,the last several xpacs have been lazy ,especially Abyssea.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by BrooksTech
    Happy to see the game still getting new content.  It was my first love... and FYI there is nothing at all wrong with the UI.

FYI the ui /control scheme is horrible unless you play using a controller. Theyve already stated that a new improved ui/control scheme was in developent but havent gave a date for it the last I checked. My question is did the expanion include it.  no need to get all defensive.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by TribeofOne
    Originally posted by BrooksTech

FYI the ui /control scheme is horrible unless you play using a controller. Theyve already stated that a new improved ui/control scheme was in developent but havent gave a date for it the last I checked. My question is did the expanion include it.  no need to get all defensive.

Yeah, not sure why he's getting defensive.  I LOVE the game but have always hated the UI and control scheme.  I refuse to pick it up again until they make changes to both.  Once they do, I'll be back in a flash.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by Raveice

Ye but an 10 years + old game im only concern about this game is server populations. 

They peaking between 600 to maybe 2000 player per server.

I think that acually is why they went solo-friendly, and I support their decision. 

• jayvierljayvierl Member Posts: 31
    How can I get this on my ps3?
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

its a ps2 game afterall ...

the new jobs looks cool but meh