Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THE LAZY EAGLES OF LOTRO

simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

as a huge LOTRO movie fan, and as a responsible citizen, i have to draw your attention

to a problem, that simply has been ignored for too long

if ypu watch the LoTR trilogy, you will notice, that the big eagles do practically NOTHING

during all those hours

despite the fact, that they can beat the nazghul, they choose to let two princes , and countless other die

a horrible death

these supposedly "proud" birds simply have no social responsibility at all,,clearly a product  of the

"give me" generation

if i was aragorn, i would have used them as mail carriers for the next 20 years, as punishment for that lousy performance

despite the fact, that many countries use them on their flags , and as a national symbol,,these birds simply dont

care at all

this is a slippery slope gentlemen,,the same one ,that led to the roman empires defeat

i have chosen to take the consequences of their behavior

i will not entertain them as guests in my home

i will not answer their calls

and most importantly,,i will not do business with them anymore

lets see , if they get the message, when their wallets run dry

cheap moocher birds...

Comments

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by simplius

as a huge LOTRO movie fan, and as a responsible citizen, i have to draw your attention

if ypu watch the LOTRO trilogy, you will notice, that the big eagles do practically NOTHING

during all those hours

despite the fact, that they can beat the nazghul, they choose to let two princes , and countless other die

a horrible death

these supposedly "proud" birds simply have no social responsibility at all,,clearly a product  of the

"give me" generation

if i was aragorn, i would have used them as mail carriers for the next 20 years, as punishment for that lousy performance

despite the fact, that many countries use them on their flags , and as a national symbol,,these birds simply dont

care at all

this is a slippery slope gentlemen,,the same one ,that led to the roman empires defeat

cheap moocher birds...

and this is related to SWTOR in which way? I don't get it...

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

this is clearly a problem for the entire universe

and since swtor is a part of that,,

or would you rather wait for the lazy eagles to start nesting on coruscant, before doing anything?

if we do something now, we can stop it before it spreads

Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    I guess someone from EA saw somethig at PAX about the Eagles ?

umm,,the band, the birds , or the team?

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by FromHell

if ypu watch the LOTRO trilogy, you will notice, that the big eagles do practically NOTHING

during all those hours

a horrible death

"give me" generation

care at all

cheap moocher birds...

and this is related to SWTOR in which way? I don't get it...

Those who passively watch as evil takes over, then only crawl out from the roost when their own demise is imminent... but only after needless destruction already took place.

The "Give me naow!" generation is their own worst enemy to facillitate the destruction of the game they love .. or at least what I got from it.  "Everythings fine.  If you don't like it then just quit already" comments might factor in as well... which later turn into helpless cries about empty servers... or the same passive indifference being tossed back their way, when something they feel important needs to be talked about.

The ignorance around EA's decision to shut down the APAC servers could be cited as an example.  Fans / shills telling those complaining that a 400ms latency isn't bad at all. lulz ..

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Yyrkoon_PoMYyrkoon_PoM Member Posts: 150
    Even Ben Franklin found them to be birds of bad moral character. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Turkey#Benjamin_Franklin_and_the_national_bird_suggestion
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

the older a race the longer it takes them to make a decision (see treeants)

also, usualy in middleearth it was about "their war", "our war" and "what, another war?"

allways took them abit to get to "our war! because he will fucking nuke the whole continent..."

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Yyrkoon_PoM
    Even Ben Franklin found them to be birds of bad moral character. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Turkey#Benjamin_Franklin_and_the_national_bird_suggestion

thank you very much

the blue stamp from a scientist and U.S. president

eagles reallly do look evil,,now i know why

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

during all those hours

a horrible death

"give me" generation

care at all

cheap moocher birds...

can i haz your dealer's phone number?

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Ok I admit I am slightly amused.
    Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by Thane

the older a race the longer it takes them to make a decision (see treeants)

also, usualy in middleearth it was about "their war", "our war" and "what, another war?"

allways took them abit to get to "our war! because he will fucking nuke the whole continent..."

yes, but again,,the eagles should be the first to see the danger

unless, of course, they spend most of the time on the couch

a healthy , and active eagle of that size should be able to monitor a HUGE area

but , like so many other tasks these days,,it was done poorly,,or not at all

in fact , i would put the moral responsibility of this massacre just as much on them , as on sauron

he was the leader of the opposite team, and doing a decent job

the eagles simply took their pay, and let the good guys believe, that they would keep an eye on things

if the good guys had a decent scout force, they would had more time to prepare

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    I didn't realize there were LotRO movies.  I've seen the LotR trilogy and I've seen the Hobbit part 1, but I still have to watch the LOTRO movies.

sorry, that should be LoTR dont think there are other

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

you have surely put words to what we all have been thinking for some time :)

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187

thank you very much

Franklin never even ran for president. The eagles' lobbiests kept him off the ballot cause he was a hater.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by jandrsn

thank you very much

Franklin never even ran for president. The eagles' lobbiests kept him off the ballot cause he was a hater.

If hardcore white knighters had their way then everyone would still be finding entertainment via Charades by candlelight.

Thanks to the haters, we have electricity.  Active change > passive stagnation.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

thank you very much

And the turkeys were too scared to poke their necks out.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by shinkan

you have surely put words to what we all have been thinking for some time :)

i know

the question is: will we,,as a society, continue to live in fear under their mighty claws

or will we rise, and finally DO something about it

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    2 minutes of my life that I will never get back by reading this thread...

thank you very much

wow,,this conspiracy is bigger, than i thought

could one of you yanks turn on the bat-signal?

and lets hope, that hes not in it too

This discussion has been closed.