Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No One Quits WoW

Comments

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    I thought I quit WoW, but after years here I am loving it once again.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    I quit every game that i get bored of. WoW is no exception. Just the same stuff in every mmo. Polygons. Yippy doo. Haven't played this horrible game in 4 years lol

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I have very little against the time I did spend in WoW, except that the community sucked and the whole quickie dungeon finder mechanic left a lot of bruised egos all around.. but yeah, once you step back from WoW and actually have a better altenrative to play (in my case GW2), you aren't addicted anymore nor are you bored enough to go back just because you've invested so much time in it.  Other than that, I just didn't care for the direction it was going.

The reason I kept going back was because I didn't like anything else more than I liked WoW, and since I already knew how to play... well...

Now the game just looks and feels old.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Been done with wow for about 4 years now. Never looked back..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

I quit over a year ago after playing since beta and I have no intention of returning.

It was a fun ride while it lasted.

No bitchers.

Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by Eir_S

I have very little against the time I did spend in WoW, except that the community sucked and the whole quickie dungeon finder mechanic left a lot of bruised egos all around.. but yeah, once you step back from WoW and actually have a better altenrative to play (in my case GW2), you aren't addicted anymore nor are you bored enough to go back just because you've invested so much time in it.  Other than that, I just didn't care for the direction it was going.

The reason I kept going back was because I didn't like anything else more than I liked WoW, and since I already knew how to play... well...

Now the game just looks and feels old.

The game feels better than any other mmo out right now, sorry nothing can beat the fluid response WoW offers. As for looks ya its old but the graphic quality they pull out of their antique engine is amazing. They do have some very beautiful scenes.. albeit there are some very ugly ones too.

I don't feel the same way.  I tried going back to WoW shortly after playing the GW2 beta.  There was absolutely no reason to play the game anymore since I enjoy the combat systems about most everything else.  It doesn't feel smooth to me anymore.  Almost everything is animation locked.  I remember thinking when I used the skills that weren't "Holy crap, I can use this skill while running, take that mofos!"

Now I have a whole game like that.  *shrug*

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

I quit 3 or 4 weeks after release and never came back. It's just not my game. I hate everything about it. The leveling, the quest hub hopping, crappy character design, shitty looking armor, bad textures and general low poly world that was outdated even when it released.

So, your statement is wrong. I quit WoW.

/next thread

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Its true for me atleast. I quit numerous times in BC for a couple months at a time for different mmos (LOTRO and Aion) but always went back. Stayed through the Crusaders Coloseum then quit again. Came back before Cata for a month then left. Then played Rift for a couple months then came back march of last year. Played for 2 months then came back for MOP launch as a saw some good improvements. ECT ECT.

Wow will always be my go to mmo. If Defiance doesnt hold my interest Ill probably play it til TESO or Archeage.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

I quit WoW mid-Cata. I will never go back.

Multi-season gladiator and fairly hardcore raider (top 50 world)

Best thing I ever did. OK maybe not best ever, but in terms of gaming, best decision was to quit WoW.

My life has gotten a lot better since. I play other MMOs, ones that don't require grind but provide more fun and more skill-based gameplay than WoW.

I'm healthier, more educated and just more sorted in RL than during WoW years.

That game forces you to grind endlessly to keep up, spending hours doing meaningless repetitive things that you really should be spending improving your life, your family, your career and your self.

WoW will be over soon, and for many it is already. It's old, it's ugly and frankly we've all done it all before. WoW is pretty crap now, and unless you have nothing else in your life, there is really no reason for you to play it.

If you have nothing else in your life than WoW, well you know what to blame for that.

Your life will continue for the next 30-50 years and more. Stop and think.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Nice video.. did however quit like 2 years ago and unless anyone pays me for playing WoW.. not coming back :P
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

False: I quit WoW. and I have no intention of ever going back.

I didn't quit because "lawlz wow is failzsauce" or because "omfg blizzard keeps ruining it bring back classic wow!" or any of the other reasons everyone always whines about quitting. I quit, simply because the reason I played isn't there anymore. I was a raider, pure and simple. A casual raider, yes. But that's what I enjoyed doing. Going into dungeons, with a competitent guild that was there to have fun, and kill shit. My guild members either quit, or stopped raiding, I had 4 max levels at the time and it wasn't worth a server transfer just to raid so I quit.

Beyond that, though. Its one of those things that just, after so long you get tired of playing just like any other video game. Doesn't matter how many patches or expansions they make people will eventually get tired of it.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

been well over a year clean.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• QuorinaQuorina Member Posts: 41

[mod edit]

I have personally stopped playing WoW several times now since 2005 because I found the game to have done something I did not like.  For example, the severe healing nerfs in early Cata. Funny thing is, I didn't stop playing even ONCE during Vanilla or TBC, but only when Greg Street (Ghostcrawler) took over. I found myself going back because I thought the game had improved or whatever, and it did for a while, but the next patch they screwed things up even worse. WoW was my first MMO so yes I still have fond memories of it and even some nostalgia, can't really blame me for that.

With that said, I am quitting for good this time. My annual pass expired last month and no way am I going back. I've only played around a month of Mists of Pandaria while I've had an active account for 6 months. This is, by far, the worst turd they've ever put out expansion wise. Faceroll dungeons, scenarios with little rewards, forcing dailies down our throats, ridiculous amount of grind with very little reward, not alt-friendly, Looking for Raid (that a lot of people act like is the pinnacle of end-game ...fuck them), raiding guilds becoming concentrated on a select few servers, Asian-themed expansion being marketed to Westeners, dated graphics, worsening community and a lot of vets quitting are just SOME of the reasons why I've quit. Before it was just simply boredom, now I hate EVERYTHING this game stands for and it needs to be revolutionized or I will never go back.

In the meantime, I've played TSW, GW2, SWTOR, Rift, LotRO and WarZ and I only made it to max level with RIFT and SWTOR (I came close with LotRO, though...too bad the questing and ability delay just killed it for me). The only one that has managed to hold my interest for long is RIFT, where I had 2 max level characters. At its core, though, the game is too similar to WoW so I'm tired of it, too. I'm now hoping for a game that is NOT a turd or a WoW clone. I'm waiting for Defiance and TESO. 

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

I left WoW during WotLK.

Miss the people I used to play with.  Never missed WoW.

It's a good game but after a while (hehe ok maybe more than a while) it all got 'samey', seeing the lich king die in heroic was enough for me. (Still hate the end of that saga, I mean really, really bad ending).

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Been playing since launch, always had my sub up at least.  I've taken breaks here and there, and I've played other games as well.  I also currently play Rift too.
  • ZeroGForceZeroGForce Member Posts: 8
    some do quit wow,me and my freinds have not played it in over a year and have no plans of going back.
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    I enjoyed the BGs. That was about it. PvE was horrible, but that's all MMOs.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Golelorn
    I enjoyed the BGs. That was about it. PvE was horrible, but that's all MMOs.

Funny. WoW has the best PvE of the genre. So saying it's horrible is about as usefull as my saying it's the best. It's just a matter of opinion...or in my case...FACT! image

Well best is a matter of opinion, but it's a fact that WoW has the MOST PVE content, easily.  Sadly, a lot of it is just obsolete.. unless you're going back to get skins for transmutation.  Not really the same thing as beating the content, IMO, when you're level 90 doing a lvl 70 raid, but whatever.  You can still pull some lowbies along with you (they'll still have to roll against the 90's which sucks).
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

After the first expansion, I left. A few months later I got my account hacked/taken from me and got some notification emails etc. about gold being sold and stuff like that. Didn't care. Eventually got a notification email about my account being deactivated from gold selling and stuff. Didn't care. Don't play :)

Maybe no one quits WoW, if they have to always be playing an MMORPG and don't have another game to fill that with.

I've been off MMORPGs as long as (or more) for a time period than I've been on them since UO.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Well best is a matter of opinion, but it's a fact that WoW has the MOST PVE content, easily.  Sadly, a lot of it is just obsolete.. unless you're going back to get skins for transmutation.  Not really the same thing as beating the content, IMO, when you're level 90 doing a lvl 70 raid, but whatever.  You can still pull some lowbies along with you (they'll still have to roll against the 90's which sucks).

Yes, I do miss the older (i.e. slower) leveling pace from Vanilla / BC where running dungeons such as Sunken Temple and Maraudine was worth it because the gear /quest rewards would last you a while.

Stil, the currant questing is better than anything out there IMO.

Originally posted by Eluldor

Maybe no one quits WoW, if they have to always be playing an MMORPG and don't have another game to fill that with.

Yep, that's why I played WoW for as long as I did.  There simply wasn't an alternative that I felt was better at the time.  Now there is.  A few actually.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501
    I played from Vanilla until patch 3.2 left a few weeks before the pre Cat patch never went back.  I thought WOTLK was a horrid expansion with bad class ideas from Ghostcrawler and company and all I saw over the horizon was more garbage.
  • ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

I did not quit.........WoW quit me.

It is a good game, but it is no long able to give me the thrill it once did.

• osiriszoranosiriszoran Member Posts: 86
    i played for all of wow vanilla and TBC. Quit half way through raiding content in TBC. Came back for WOTLK and quit again before cata. Came back for Cata and level up to 85 and raided for about 2 weeks. Quit and havent looked back. Fighting the urge right now to buy MOP and check it out and level my 85 up to 90 : ( Help me fight the urge guys! I have a MMORPG urge to fill and there is nothing decent out.