Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is AoC's population growing NOW? (18 Feb 2013)

13»

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

OK, well I was about to go download the game and give it another try, but I can't seem to find the client download location.  There's a place for new accounts to be created, but I have an existing account.

If anyone from Funcom is reading this, you really need to make it more obvious how to actually download the game.  You just lost a potential subscriber before I even had a chance to get the game.

You make me like charity

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

Multiple reason's,

Steam

The attention that TSW is receiving spilling over into AoC

I believe they eased up on some of the ftp restriction's.

Add's up to a positive response :)

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by asmkm22

OK, well I was about to go download the game and give it another try, but I can't seem to find the client download location.  There's a place for new accounts to be created, but I have an existing account.

If anyone from Funcom is reading this, you really need to make it more obvious how to actually download the game.  You just lost a potential subscriber before I even had a chance to get the game.

The download link is inside your AoC account screen.  Just login and download.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Ortwig

What Ortwig said. Log in to your account (https://register.ageofconan.com/account) and there will be a big download button :)

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by Ortwig

What Ortwig said. Log in to your account (https://register.ageofconan.com/account) and there will be a big download button :)

There's no such button.  I did find it on Steam, however.  Kind of silly that they make no mention of that on their website.

You make me like charity

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by DaSpack
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    I checked the chart and I see that AA is still locked.  That's not very fun in my opinion.

If you don't.. I think you must have 0 Funcom points. Only way to get there is that you never ever have spent a single dime on them. The game get regular content patched in so why not support them if you want post level 80 content.

There is some truth at Torvaldr, AA is sub only, it doesn't matter if you've "ever spent a single dime" or not. On my main acc I have the Rise of the Grindbringer expansion ( :) ) but I play with my other acc atm, so my main isn't subscribed. AA is locked on that. The boxes I already unlocked are slottable, but I cannot put xp or time to unlock new ones.

I don't think it's a big restriction, never liked AA much anyways :) and for the base Adventures in Hyboria you don't really need AA, default feat tree is just fine.

If I can unlock the AA permanently by subbing for a month then I might consider that.  I just don't like stuff I can never unlock without a sub.

I did sub to AoC for quite a while before they went free play.  I didn't like how they structured their free play model after the initial conversion.  I do still have some FC Points which I mostly spent on TSW and still have about 600 left.

I see your point and I agree. Thats not what I ment.

What I ment to say is that some people are very vocal about not being able to play stuff into the game well after 250 hours of free gameplay.... We are only talking about a few bucks basically.. That can be somewhat provoking when you know the developer struggles and that the lack of support basically undermines any updates for the future... Hell, maybe even the future of the game.  But anyways, no hard feelings :) Enjoy my favorite game :) Look me up on wiccana.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Just want to add that AoC is still at approximately #90 most played games in Xfire. It seems like the players that joined a few months back still are hanging around. Perhaps we'll see the game grow further on next dragon spine update :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Just want to add that AoC is still at approximately #90 most played games in Xfire. It seems like the players that joined a few months back still are hanging around. Perhaps we'll see the game grow further on next dragon spine update :)

AoC is easily among the 5 most feature rich and content rich MMOs, nothing better than a MMO which had some years to mature and grow.

The combat is still the best most satisfying experience out there. I love the story. The graphics are top notch, better than many brand new releases. The level of immersion is also very high and the world just feels alive, especially in the massive regions after Tortage.

I don´t see any reasons why AoC couldn´t grow, they just need to do more marketing so more people check it out. or come back to give it another chance. If some new players are seriously testing it, the chances are very high they will stay.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• MrSchnuffiMrSchnuffi Member Posts: 25
    I can confirm from the german server Mitra that there are a lot new players around. Hopefully FC can use this momentum to their benefit. It would be really sad if AoC has to suffer from a lack of new content for the veterans. Even I as player who is not really into the pvp thing hope they can give these folks some new stuff.
    Originally posted by MrSchnuffi
    I can confirm from the german server Mitra that there are a lot new players around. Hopefully FC can use this momentum to their benefit. It would be really sad if AoC has to suffer from a lack of new content for the veterans. Even I as player who is not really into the pvp thing hope they can give these folks some new stuff.

Wiccana is also packed..!! :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

Originally posted by MrSchnuffi

Wiccana is also packed..!! :)

Fury too (EU Standard PvP server)

how is Tyranny doing these days? Got the US corpse loot FFA PvP more popular?

The Return of ELITE !

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

Wonder how long it's going to last.

Originally posted by shalissar

Wonder how long it's going to last.

Still lasting. Jump in and hope for the best :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

Already did! :) Can't stay away from this game's combat- as gear grindy as it is the pvp requires an amount of skill that's rare nowadays.

On Fury though there is a big hacking problem so I hope that gets fixed. I'll still enjoy it in the mean time!

Originally posted by shalissar

Already did! :) Can't stay away from this game's combat- as gear grindy as it is the pvp requires an amount of skill that's rare nowadays.

On Fury though there is a big hacking problem so I hope that gets fixed. I'll still enjoy it in the mean time!

Sorry to hear about Fury... Addictive.. Tell me about it :P Been wasting 4 years of my life on this shit by now.. haha..

The Ultimate Breakdown

• HrvatinaHrvatina Member Posts: 13
    Is it true that all classes are free now? Because in my account management (EU), there's a F2P - Premium comparison which says Free - 4 classes.
    Originally posted by Hrvatina
    Is it true that all classes are free now? Because in my account management (EU), there's a F2P - Premium comparison which says Free - 4 classes.

All classes are free now. But you have just 4 character slots on your F2P account as in... You can't have all classes in level 80 ;)

The Ultimate Breakdown

All classes are free now. But you have just 4 character slots on your F2P account as in... You can't have all classes in level 80 ;)

4 classes? I think he means 4 country origins  (Cimmerian, Stygian, Khitan, Aquilonian)

Games has a whopping 12 classes, all completely unique:

3 rogue classes (Barbarian, Ranger, Assassin)

3 priest classes (Priest of MItra, Tempest of Set, Bear Shaman)

3 soldier classes (Guardian, Dark Templar, Conqueror)

3 mage classes (Necromancer, Demonologist, Herald of Xotli)

Some classes are only available to specific country origins, that is not a F2P restriction

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by FromHell

4 classes? I think he means 4 country origins  (Cimmerian, Stygian, Khitan, Aquilonian)

Games has a whopping 12 classes, all completely unique:

3 rogue classes (Barbarian, Ranger, Assassin)

3 priest classes (Priest of MItra, Tempest of Set, Bear Shaman)

3 soldier classes (Guardian, Dark Templar, Conqueror)

3 mage classes (Necromancer, Demonologist, Herald of Xotli)

Some classes are only available to specific country origins, that is not a F2P restriction

Yes there are no restriction on classes and you can choose among the 12 classes there is.... BUT, there are only 4 characterslots for F2P players. As in you can have 1 main and 3 alts. people subbing can have 8 character slots.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Nope, he referred the former f2p model before the revamp, it had only 4 classes for f2p (guard, barb, pom and demo, one from each type). It was a lame restriction indeed :)

Edit: and f2p's got only 2 character slots.

Nope, he referred the former f2p model before the revamp, it had only 4 classes for f2p (guard, barb, pom and demo, one from each type). It was a lame restriction indeed :)

Edit: and f2p's got only 2 character slots.

Nope.. 4, just checked like 3 to 4 days back installing the game for a Friend.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Strange, just checked on my f2p acc, and it has only 2.

F2p chart says 2 as well: http://www.ageofconan.com/playfree/

I don't need a second mule acc right now, but maybe in the weekend I'll create one just to check it. (it's free anyways :) )

Edit: yep, I made a new f2p account from scratch, not surprisingly it has only 2 slots, as expected.

Better question, what the <bleep> will I do with a 3rd account? I haven't played hox in years, maybe I just start one and replay Tortage, love to sabotage Mithrelle's plans and blow up the volcano :)

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Strange, just checked on my f2p acc, and it has only 2.

F2p chart says 2 as well: http://www.ageofconan.com/playfree/

I don't need a second mule acc right now, but maybe in the weekend I'll create one just to check it. (it's free anyways :) )

Edit: yep, I made a new f2p account from scratch, not surprisingly it has only 2 slots, as expected.

Better question, what the will I do with a 3rd account? I haven't played hox in years, maybe I just start one and replay Tortage, love to sabotage Mithrelle's plans and blow up the volcano :)

Maybe he has some "veteran bonus" slots.

Looks like the game is still growing :). Read this thread made by someone that have same observations as myself ingame.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181627

The Ultimate Breakdown