Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Can I Purchase?

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Hello all, been looking for a good open PvP game to try and a friend told me about Darkfall 2010.   Now, I played the original Darkfall up until the population died and I enjoyed it for awhile despite all the issues, so I figured why not try the Darkfall 2010 sequel?   But I can't find any downloard of purchase links anywhere!  It looks like they even made a 3rd game called Darkfall: Unholy Wars that was launching last year (I think in December?) but it doesn't look like that 3rd game is released either.

Were these games only available in Asia or something?  Shame they never made another EU-NA Darkfall, but maybe a company with a better track record could pick up the IP cheap since its dead now and re-launch or something. 

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Do yourself a favor.

Take the money you would have spent on DF:UW, find a homeless person on the street, Pay him to kick you in the balls.

That way at least he profits and your only in pain for a few hours.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by RollieJoe

Hello all, been looking for a good open PvP game to try and a friend told me about Darkfall 2010.   Now, I played the original Darkfall up until the population died and I enjoyed it for awhile despite all the issues, so I figured why not try the Darkfall 2010 sequel?   But I can't find any downloard of purchase links anywhere!  It looks like they even made a 3rd game called Darkfall: Unholy Wars that was launching last year (I think in December?) but it doesn't look like that 3rd game is released either.

Were these games only available in Asia or something?  Shame they never made another EU-NA Darkfall, but maybe a company with a better track record could pick up the IP cheap since its dead now and re-launch or something. 

not sure if troll or serious

if serious than your friend was probably trolling

(there was never any DF 2010 apart from some empty blog words)

and this is where you get the game: http://www.darkfallonline.com/

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Btw a tip, if you live anywhere other than america they will charge you euros for monthly fee (might be changed now but thats what it was when i got it) if you put your country in as America you will be charge as US dollars which is a little bit cheaper.
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Darkfall UW is a major update and change to the game.  They almost released in December without a proper beta test.  Now they are in beta with no release date, yet.

If you had Darkfall 1.0 you can get the game for abotu 15$ and get the first month free, once released.  You get beta access as well.

You have to buy through their account system.  Be sure to link your old account to get the discount.

https://ams.darkfallonline.com/AMS/

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Originally posted by jdnewell

Do yourself a favor.

Take the money you would have spent on DF:UW, find a homeless person on the street, Pay him to kick you in the balls.

This.

Buy yourself Defience or any decent multiplayer FPS game like BF3.

This is coming from a person who played the old DF in beta and after release. I don't see a reason why Tasos and AV learnt anything from their mistakes. In fact everything about DF:UW proves otherwise. 

The few haters have the loudest voice.  For 1 month worth of any other P2P game you can find out for yourself if you like the changes or not.  Also keep in mind it is still beta.

I was a hardcore DF1.0 lover and like what they have done with DFUW.  That is because I admit I suck at FPS.  Anything to put me at more of an equal footing of another player is welcome.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Blindchance

Do yourself a favor.

This.

Buy yourself Defience or any decent multiplayer FPS game like BF3.

This is coming from a person who played the old DF in beta and after release. I don't see a reason why Tasos and AV learnt anything from their mistakes. In fact everything about DF:UW proves otherwise. 

This - they cannot even put hotfixes in without breaking the persistence and causing duping again....

• bomjbomj Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I would advise against purchasing.  Mid November 2002 launch,4+ month delay and no launch date communicated to date.
  • Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61

Do yourself a favor.

Too fucking funny lol.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Im guessing that anyone serious about buying the game at the moment, is probably waiting to see if the game actually releases before buying it, the way things are at the moment its impossible to say with 100% certainty that the game ever will release, sometimes it pays to be cautious, although if your something of a gambler the amount in question isnt that great, but.. it is a gamble image

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/379879/How-to-link-old-Darkfall-account-to-get-DISCOUNT-on-DFUW-purchase.html

I posted a detailed guide on how to buy and get a discount.  Free beta access and 1 month of gameplay after release too.