Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoW Guild Wars - My words can't do it justice.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

So I'm not going to try to be fancy, the scope of the event is wider than my field of view. Think kingdom, now think kingdom divided. South West, South River, Central, North West, Northern.

Within those regions are towns, and schools

and most of all land.

Land with open world keeps. Keeps larger than Iron Forge, or Stormwind. Keeps for your guild to put their name on and build on, if you can take it, and defend it. There are only 30 or so of these keeps. There are hundreds of guilds. Guilds with hundreds of people. On top of that one guild can hold more than one keep. 

This is what is being fought for. This is why alliances are formed, this is why money can't even break these ties. This is why murdering and camping a newb might cost your guild something they will never get back. 

Goon Tang and allies went to war tonight with Magnum Opus and Allies. Magnum Opus took a beating, but held their land.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Its the other way around, goontang took the beating, in fact they gave up in the last 2 minutes, at least last time they didnt give up till the last second
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    What happened in Chengdu after the war :p. Shinobi and Goons turned Aow into farmville. Idk how you guys held on. Shinobi had yall pinned in the basment for 40 mins :p

For those who don't the lower level of these keeps are so big you need mounts to get around.
  • django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115

Man, I totally missed this fight, when was it?

Stupid AUS time zones.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    GoonTang has allies? That's surprising.
    Originally posted by tommy-xx

Man, I totally missed this fight, when was it?

Stupid AUS time zones.

About 10 pst. Not to long after the War. It was as wild as I've seen Chengdu.

Originally posted by bcbully
    What happened in Chengdu after the war :p. Shinobi and Goons turned Aow into farmville. Idk how you guys held on. Shinobi had yall pinned in the basment for 40 mins :p For those who don't the lower level of these keeps are so big you need mounts to get around.

Two things, first, we were the ones that camped shinobis and goontangs in chengdu with killing order for 1hour and 30 minutes, till they broguth every single one of them and it got kinda even. Second for the last two wars we have completely abandoned the upper levels. Theres no use defneding them because they dont really delevel if they get burnt and with their superior numbers it makes hard keeping the buildings that connect to the underground alive. Therefore we go straight to the throne room and spam spin to wins and pulls and turtle like mad because the space is so narrow their numbers mean nothing. They die like flys there. 

We keep winning because goons have no strategy, we keep three 6 man arrays up at all times and 3 music players. On the other hand goons try to zerg rush us without stop. To be honest last one was kinda pathetic. I always stay near the throne to kill any stray goons that happen to get in. Last time i got 16 kills, now i got 1. Thats how bad they were this time.

@ Above

Ganked 2 demiz for 2 books tonight. I got ganked too, atleast they didnt get it image

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252
    The game looks promising o3o/

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Bakkoda24
    GoonTang has allies? That's surprising.

Goons usually do... They are known as canon fodder... ^^  Or is that little bees?... ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

The wars are fun, but mechanically terribly broken.  I'm fairly certain what we consider to be "guild wars" now, will be vastly different come release.

The specifics I'm not sure about, but I was under the impression the current Chinese version works in a very different way from ours.

I know AresPL understands most of the CN version, perhaps he would be so kind as to clarify?

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    nope, only diff is that later guild leader will be able to declare war on map for 24h where guild can freely pk enemy guild
  • enik3enik3 Member Posts: 37
    I was surprised to see a significant number of Goons playing this game. I guess the social ineptitude of these fat, neck-bearded spergers means there will be groups of them in pretty much any MMO.
    Originally posted by enik3
    I was surprised to see a significant number of Goons playing this game. I guess the social ineptitude of these fat, neck-bearded spergers means there will be groups of them in pretty much any MMO.

They're a few EVE guilds here. They're streaming videos, passing out keys and recruiting other EVE players. 

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by enik3

Thats been my observation as well.  One tends to find Goonies in the oddest of places.  I've no doubt some are in Hello Kitty online adventure, if they have a chance to ruin someones play experience... ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    Someone said that they've played many mmorpgs like AoW. hahaha
    Originally posted by coretex666

How much "constructing" can players do in this game?

I mean can a guild build their own city / castle or something like that?

No the plot and structures are there. So no physical building. Your guild can activate/build those structures up so they can use them though. This is the one place I can give an edge to Archeage(from what I hear). It would be nice to construct from the ground up. They lose me with the questing for levels stuff though.

On the 10th, the tax system will be in play. Own two keeps in one area, your guild can then tax that areas sales.

Originally posted by bcbully

How much "constructing" can players do in this game?

I mean can a guild build their own city / castle or something like that?

No the plot and structures are there. So no physical building. Your guild can activate/build those structures up so they can use them though. This is the one place I can give an edge to Archeage(from what I hear). It would be nice to construct from the ground up. They lose me with the questing for levels stuff though.

On the 10th, the tax system will be in play. Own two keeps in one area, your guild can then tax that areas sales.

I havent tried this game myself, so I was wondering if there is also the constructing part. I am not criticizing the game.

On the contrary, these wars you described in the OP look awesome.

It's free. It would be a good idea to learn a little before launch. There will be no wipes. You could end up falling in love with your dry run toon though and keep going. I think there will be a new sever at launch though.

Guild wars are actually a massive joke - they are probably the single worst thing about the game...

But heck, if it gets more people in the game - fantastic.  Just do a couple dozen,  you'll see what I mean.

Originally posted by Alamareth

Guild wars are actually a massive joke - they are probably the single worst thing about the game...

But heck, if it gets more people in the game - fantastic.  Just do a couple dozen,  you'll see what I mean.

The guild war play could be better. Just like school war. What goes into them though, the polotics are amazing.

• colostevecolosteve Member Posts: 6

While I enjoy reading your posts and agree with them often I find you enjoy re writing history.

1) magnum opus is a larger unskilled guild. You have never beat our defence . Your alliance lost so many times many of you turned to pve. I submit your alliance is the unskilled guild. With that said you have many good pvpers.  Your gm is infamous for only fighting with a obvious numbers advantage.

2) shinobi / goons have many members that seem to enjoy exploiting bugs and weakness of the game engine.

3) Your alliance uses cheap tactics such as attempting to block other guilds from participating in guild wars (failed btw)

4)  congrats on beating dead or nearly dead guilds in guild wars.

now on the other hand your alliance has many good points. Grithok is a good organizer  and comes up with good tactics attacking so many of our allies in 1 day was smart. (note took nice advantage of Your alliance size) 

but please try not to re write history it's beneath you and your obviously good writing skill.

What are you talking about?

Oh, is it a MO/TDH/DGZ player?  If so, move along folks - nothing to see here.  :P

I mean they were so last month.  I really haven't seen much Magnum Opus for the last couple of weeks.  I find Invictus to be the intriguing new guild on the block (at least at the top tiers).

Oh, is it a MO/TDH/DGZ player?  If so, move along folks - nothing to see here.  :P

I mean they were so last month.  I really haven't seen much Magnum Opus for the last couple of weeks.  I find Invictus to be the intriguing new guild on the block (at least at the top tiers).

You can pretend anyone is last months all you want, that coalition of guilds is still the strongest one. MO are kings at defending guilds, they singlehandely repelled atacks from your alliance last night, you couldnt even destroy all lions, much less get to the throne.

But then again you and Bully are basically  part  of Goon overflow guilds so what does it matter....

Originally posted by austriacus

You can pretend anyone is last months all you want, that coalition of guilds is still the strongest one. MO are kings at defending guilds, they singlehandely repelled atacks from your alliance last night, you couldnt even destroy all lions, much less get to the throne.

But then again you and Bully are basically  part  of Goon overflow guilds so what does it matter....a shift in power. 

There's been a shift in power. The people have come together. Last two wars went what, 3-1, LASTNIGHT 3-1 us? Plus Shinobi wrecks atleast 20+ of your carts daily.

I see you guys have been ramping up the rhetoric too. Wont work though. Our bound runs deep. We fight for the people.The people are tired of being exploited by the Viet block. 

Do not fool yourself, MO is carried by DemiGodz and TDH.

There's no one in Magnum Opus that I even care about in the slightest.  I at least have some respect for the rest of your alliance.

• colostevecolosteve Member Posts: 6

Lol OK

Remember I mentioned re writing history.  Remember if you can't take the castle YOU LOSE. You can call it w/e you like.

Shifting of power against the viet bock? Thats goes along with the borderline racist / political incorrect nonsense perhaps not you mmorpg guys but many of your alliance mates enjoy so much.

The latest is apologizing to viets for agent orange. Care to explain that one away? Should be good :D as goons are famous for such actions.

Your bonds are deep with Goons lol sure they are But are goon bonds deep with you !

Notice the eve goons treatment of their allies Good  luck long term. Your being used if history of goons is any evidence.

Folks the reason for all the disparaging  is the Goon and allies  realize they aren't the top dogs. Hence all the smack talk.  

Lets compare TDH, Demigods, Magnum-opus  vs Goons, TangChao, Shu, Shinobi, Kakis and god knows whatever smaller guilds you ally with.  

You certainly have the number advantage. I am eagerly awaiting your spin on this :D