Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL TESO Pax East small gameplay footage

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by newbo
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyhrlz_the-elder-scrolls-online-gameplay-3-pax-2013_videogames#.UVJVsBzvt8F Found this one, it looks fairly close to the gameplay I was hoping for from an elder scrolls game. It seems to be a prerecorded walkthrough/demo from a dev.

Saw that one on youtube the other day...wonder if its still there..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• JebbJebb Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Eir_S

It looks like GW2 without the good animations.  Luckily, they can be changed.

Unfortunately for a friend of mine who hated GW2's particle effects, I see the potential for some screen filling magic use if this vid is any indication.  Otherwise, from this footage, it looks like it could be a dozen other MMOs.  At least post something with the first person camera, something those MMO's DON'T have.

I recall an interview (don't know which it was) in which one of the developers mentioned something pertaining to the fact that they were conscious of how problematic excessive particle effects can get in practice, and that they were making an effort to keep them all in check to better match the Elder Scrolls aesthetic. So hopefully they won't be too much of a problem.

"Jesus promised to rid the world of all wicked people. Odin promised to rid the world of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants."

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Jebb
    Originally posted by Eir_S

It looks like GW2 without the good animations.  Luckily, they can be changed.

Unfortunately for a friend of mine who hated GW2's particle effects, I see the potential for some screen filling magic use if this vid is any indication.  Otherwise, from this footage, it looks like it could be a dozen other MMOs.  At least post something with the first person camera, something those MMO's DON'T have.

I recall an interview (don't know which it was) in which one of the developers mentioned something pertaining to the fact that they were conscious of how problematic excessive particle effects can get in practice, and that they were making an effort to keep them all in check to better match the Elder Scrolls aesthetic. So hopefully they won't be too much of a problem.

Well yeah, and the more I think about it, how many skills in TES games REALLY use a lot of particles?  If they want to stick to tradition, melee won't be very "pretty", just practical as seen in the "tutorial" vid (which I have to admit was much better than the "fire mage" vid I saw the other day).  Thus, I think that in large battles, unless everyone is using actual magic spells, there won't be as much clutter as in GW2 where even melee attacks can come with sparkles.  It remains to be seen, but I can't imagine a warrior in a TES game swinging a sword and leaving a trail of fairy dust behind it (maybe at the higher levels).

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

I played Skyrim in third person (don't like first person too much) and I'm REALLY not seeing how people are saying that it looks like TES combat.

It looks really clunky.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

watching it right now, its still there. I hope they add the option to switch the minimap for a Skyrim compass.

Also i hope theres an option to turn off the glowing red on enemies. Thats kind of an immersion breaker.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by rojo6934

watching it right now, its still there. I hope they add the option to switch the minimap for a Skyrim compass.

Also i hope theres an option to turn off the glowing red on enemies. Thats kind of an immersion breaker.

Everybody and their sweetrolls are complaining about the glow, it'll change before we know it :) (hopefully)

Originally posted by Xarko

Everybody and their sweetrolls are complaining about the glow, it'll change before we know it :) (hopefully)

also gamepad support! :p

Skyrim has it so TESO needs it (hopefully)

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Kind of depressing to watch. Maybe it was just the area that they were playing in.
    Originally posted by moosecatlol
    Kind of depressing to watch. Maybe it was just the area that they were playing in.

it was the area, when the video ends look for the #3 on the thumbnails. That looks more like Skyrim than an actual mmo, the guy playing the orc.

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388

any1 kind enough to pm me the link with the movie? No link is working from this thread. 

Ty

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Why they hide convention gameplay is beyond me

ArenaNet even allowed direct feed recording to their game when it first appeared about 2 years prior to its release =/

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• JebbJebb Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Xarko

also gamepad support! :p

Skyrim has it so TESO needs it (hopefully)

Gamepads aren't directly supported by the game but they've said it works well and is easy to set-up with external software.

"Jesus promised to rid the world of all wicked people. Odin promised to rid the world of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants."

• urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200

Had a chance to play it at PAX, kinda dissapointed really.

Besides the right click to attack, rather then auto attack, it was still pretty much hotbar centric, and wack at each other until someone dies. I was really hoping for more of a Skyrim like combat.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    I'd appreciate a link, pm'd of course, thanks.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by dinams

ArenaNet even allowed direct feed recording to their game when it first appeared about 2 years prior to its release =/

May be they don't want the game to become overhype like ArenaNet's GW2

Originally posted by amadeuz
    Originally posted by dinams

May be they don't want the game to become overhype like ArenaNet's GW2

That's not a good reason.  From a developer's POV, the more hype the better... ALWAYS.  Hype helped GW2 sell 2mil + copies (closer to 3mil now I think), so did showing the game they were actually proud of.  Even then, the public did their advertising for them... for example, I never even talked about the game before I saw footage, but after I did I was excited from that moment forward.  Check your reasoning again.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    I really don't understand why they keep removing these videos.  The one video I managed to see of TESO PAX gameplay made it look BETTER than any of the trailers and other media I've seen of the game so far.
    Originally posted by Magnum2103
    I really don't understand why they keep removing these videos.  The one video I managed to see of TESO PAX gameplay made it look BETTER than any of the trailers and other media I've seen of the game so far.

At the very least, you'd think they'd pick and choose.  The "tutorial" vid actually looked halfway decent... maybe not mind blowing but it looked like something I'd like to try.  If, however, they removed the "fire mage" one, I wouldn't blame them.  The area looked exactly like the Sylvari starting zone and the effects were sub-par.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

http://vk.com/video35646085_164690529

For those who missed it. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • hidrohidro Member UncommonPosts: 52

The video has put me more on a cautious side... I'll wait for the first person view preview but I now see why it was not implemented in the beginning. The weapon swings have no feel, it seems like the combat has been "mainstreamed" ( for lack of a better term) versus the usual Elders Scroll combat we are all used to.

I guess I'll keep getting my fix for 1st person skill based PVP from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for the time being, heh.

Console Esports?
    www.supergamebowl.com

• SentnlSentnl Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by hidro

The video has put me more on a cautious side... I'll wait for the first person view preview but I now see why it was not implemented in the beginning. The weapon swings have no feel, it seems like the combat has been "mainstreamed" ( for lack of a better term) versus the usual Elders Scroll combat we are all used to.

I guess I'll keep getting my fix for 1st person skill based PVP from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for the time being, heh.

Dude, it's an mmo, with pvp in mind... Anyone who plays first person in an mmo is next level bad. It's plain and simple, it DOES NOT WORK for pvp in mmorpg's.

Also, they seem to be doing a REAL beta, not the usual "preview" beta other games have been doing. The footage is likely an older build, and far from the streamlined build they will have in 6~ months time.

L2p... first person view...

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

• MoLoK_MoLoK_ Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by Sentnl
    Originally posted by hidro

Dude, it's an mmo, with pvp in mind... Anyone who plays first person in an mmo is next level bad. It's plain and simple, it DOES NOT WORK for pvp in mmorpg's.

Also, they seem to be doing a REAL beta, not the usual "preview" beta other games have been doing. The footage is likely an older build, and far from the streamlined build they will have in 6~ months time.

How do you know it wont work in ESO? 1vs1?

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    Video looks great. I love the graphics and gameplay. It looks like a little mix of TES and mainstream mmorpgs. Looking go so far.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Sentnl
    Originally posted by hidro The video has put me more on a cautious side... I'll wait for the first person view preview but I now see why it was not implemented in the beginning. The weapon swings have no feel, it seems like the combat has been "mainstreamed" ( for lack of a better term) versus the usual Elders Scroll combat we are all used to. I guess I'll keep getting my fix for 1st person skill based PVP from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for the time being, heh.  

And yet, if we read/listen to some of the previews, it seems that first-person is in fact available in the game. Please explain.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Quit bagging on them for not wanting it to be shown. Directors aren't bashed on for keeping tight sets. Actors are expected to keep their mouths shut about their projects. The creative process is respected in the film industry, but not in the gaming industry? Let the freakin geniuses work please!
This discussion has been closed.